Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

why?

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Diana for the movie there changing the ending and i wan't to know why the ending in the book was awesome so unfair:(

message 2: by Jeni (new) - rated it 1 star

Jeni I disagree and think choosing to have that war to be a great addition to the movies.

I felt like the book ending was a cheat to me as a reader. It's as if those thousands of pages warning me as to the viciousness of the Volturi was just a big, fat April Fool's joke.

Either they are coming for a war or they aren't because they are not a threat. Make up your mind.

It's the second danger in the series we were supposed to be aware of. The first was Victoria who ended up being negligible and now the Volturi who fly all the way to Forks just to say "Oh, oops! My bad, carry on!"

It's a smart decision, in my opinion.

message 3: by Angie Elle (last edited Nov 12, 2012 09:42AM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle I like that they're changing the ending, too.

I did like the end of the book, but I really don't think it would translate well to screen...kind of like the wolves 'talking' in Breaking Dawn Part 1 while they're near the logs. That scene still makes me shudder. LOL

Melissa Jeni wrote: "I disagree and think choosing to have that war to be a great addition to the movies.

I felt like the book ending was a cheat to me as a reader. It's as if those thousands of pages warning me as t..."

I wish there was a "like" option for your comment. Sometimes, when you have a terrible, boring anticlimactic ending, you have to spice it up. Otherwise, people that paid upwards of $10 or more per ticket would leave just absolutely pissed off at the end. There goes other merch sales and any other successful expansion on a franchise. It just makes good financial sense for the filmmakers.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes!sorry but the conclusion of the entire series was a cop out, especially the lack of a battle scene. I'm glad they're making it happen:) Just my opinion

Haley i think the fight is a good idea, it makes it more interesting,sorry to whoever thinks they shouldnt have changed the ending.

message 7: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Haley wrote: "i think the fight is a good idea, it makes it more interesting,sorry to whoever thinks they shouldnt have changed the ending."

i think the ending for the battle, its not to bad for the last part.

message 8: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia where in the book, they just talk, but in the movie, its the whole battle, & the fighting scene.

Carina I agree that the ending of the book needed to be changed for it to be a movie adaptation. As much as I dislike the series and the ending I do think Myer was very brave to set up for a big battle and then not have it happen.

The thing is, although that just about works in the book I think most movie go-ers would find it very dull and non-sensical, especially as the build up to a fight sequence would be more obvious onscreen than off.

In the end the people adapting the books have to think more about profit than the 'die-hard' fans (and by this I mean anyone who cares so much about the original that they notice every small detail that is changed in the adapation - this goes for all books and not just Twilight). Take Lord of the Rings - there is a discussion going on over various threads we the adaptation of The Hobbit with the die-hard fans moaning about every change - yes it may suck for them but at the end of the day the only thing the studio cares about is profit.

message 10: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Carina wrote: "I agree that the ending of the book needed to be changed for it to be a movie adaptation. As much as I dislike the series and the ending I do think Myer was very brave to set up for a big battle a..."

that is quite good point there..

message 11: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia :)

Tina J Because although the ending for the book was alright......it would not portay very well on screen.

I already knew from when they started making the movies, that they would 'need' to change the ending to Breaking Dawn. And I was right!

I was always in two minds whether I wanted it to end differently for the movie.
But in the end, a battle is definitely what is needed.

message 13: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Tina J wrote: "Because although the ending for the book was alright......it would not portay very well on screen.

I already knew from when they started making the movies, that they would 'need' to change the end..."

yea i would think so 2.

message 14: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia in the book, is total diff then in the movie.

message 15: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn I think the idea of making the movie ending different is needed. You can't end it like the book, otherwise people would be totally disappointed and the ticket sales would be small. It would be a straight to DVD type movie without the battle.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the book and its ending. I think she wrote it that way so she could come back to the series if she ever wanted to. You also have to remember that after the first movie they brought stephanie on as a consultant for the movies. So she saw what was happening and probably thought it was a good idea.

Donna I'm very happy about the ending change to the film. Its kinda given me something to look forward to on friday when i watch it. I loved the twilight books but i did always think the ending kinda sucked.

message 17: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Donna wrote: "I'm very happy about the ending change to the film. Its kinda given me something to look forward to on friday when i watch it. I loved the twilight books but i did always think the ending kinda suc..."

ok

message 18: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia :P

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Sometimes the movies are better with a different ending.

message 20: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Abby wrote: "Sometimes the movies are better with a different ending."

yea that is true

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I like how Eclipse ended. It was like the book but different at the same time. I really liked what Bella said at the end.

Edward-- "Your trying to make everyone else happy. Your already giving away too much."
Bella-- Your wrong. It wasn't a choice between you and Jacob. It was between who I should be, and who I am. I've always felt out of step. Like literally stumbling through my life. I never felt normal. Because I'm not normal. I don't want to be. I've had to face death and loss and pain in your world, but I've also never felt stronger. It's(?) like being real, more myself, because it''s my world too. It's where I belong."
Edward-- "So its not just about me?"
Bella-- "No." Laughs "Sorry. I've been a mess trying to figure this out, but I want to do it right. And I want to tie myself to you in every-way humanly possible."

message 22: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia that would be nice, if they did change some things.

message 23: by Cassie (last edited Nov 13, 2012 09:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cassie Well, I loved how it ended for the books. Considering what they were all about... It was fitting and it made sense. It would have been chaotic and senseless if they fought.

But in the movies, there's isn't much emphasis on the Cullen's disdain for fighting. In fact, they stressed how "fun" battles are. Even Carlisle had fun training for battle.
And there's been no explanation whatsoever of Aro's pride of Reputation and power.

For those who only watch the movies and haven't read all the books, the desire to not fight would just pop up out of nowhere and it wouldn't make as much sense.

message 24: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Cassie wrote: "Well, I loved how it ended for the books. Considering what they were all about... It was fitting and it made sense. It would have been chaotic and senseless if they fought.

But in the movies, ther..."

yea i would think so 2.

message 25: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia in movie they show the battle scene, and that includes all the diff ppl to help fight, type of thing. but int he book, they had there power, but in the book i think they just talk about it..

Luna Belle Pris It' s a good idea. A war is never resolved by talking it out, come on please :))))

Volturi look pathetic in the book, like you can knock them over with a feather. Hope they bring it in the movie!!!

Haley I agree ^ the fight makes for a more interesting view, I've read all the books and i loved them but I'll admit I was disappointed with the build up to the fight that never happened, I understand that in the books the Cullen's have a disdain for fighting but they had to make it more interesting somehow and besides who doesn't love a good Vampire and Shapeshifter fight?

Cassie I just hope it's better than the mini fight in Breaking Dawn 1.

That just seemed so completely random and pointless. All that was needed to end it was for someone to say "Jacob has imprinted on Renesmee", and Edward was right there the whole time, but he decided to take his time sharing the news.

I'm pretty sure that if there was a fight like this in the book, it would not have been that stupid.

message 29: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Cassie wrote: "I just hope it's better than the mini fight in Breaking Dawn 1.

That just seemed so completely random and pointless. All that was needed to end it was for someone to say "Jacob has imprinted on Re..."

yea maybe