Vampire Book Club discussion

Iced (Fever, #6)
This topic is about Iced
Group Read > Nov. Group Read > The Men of ICED

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chelsea (VampireBookClub) | 76 comments Mod
One of the absolute highlights of Iced for me was the great male characters. KMM has a way of crafting these flawed, charismatic men that makes me all gooey.

So, the question this week: Who did you love the most?

Are you ready to jump on Ryodan?

Do you want to help Christian?

Team Dancer?

Swooning for Lor?

Call it.

Mandi Schreiner (smexybooks) | 1 comments Loved most: Ryodan. I want to jump him. I want to know more about him. I want him to look another man in the face and claim me by just his eyes. And then later on level four ;)

I don't feel a lot of empathy for Christian. I feel like he is heading down a dark road and I just want to sit back and see what happens. He made me LOL a lot in this book. Especially with the dead woman shoved behind his bed. Snort.

Team Dancer - hell yes. But he is too normal for KMM. Waiting for big bombshell to drop about him.

Lor - Sweet Jesus Lor I'm lusting after you!!! Don't tell Ryodan or Barrons that I find you totally sexy!

Mandi, we have the same taste. I want Ryodan. Badly.

Lor has my eye, too. Hmm. Anyone seen any pictures that make them think of him?

message 4: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Byrne (ByrneAfterReading) | 14 comments Can I have Ryodan for myself? Dani can have Dancer, although I do love me a sexy geek...I think Dancer is perfect for Dani.

That leaves more Ryodan (and Lor!) for me :)

Amanda wrote: "That leaves more Ryodan (and Lor!) for me :)"

Are you suggesting a Ryodan/Lor sandwich?

Noreen Tough question! For me it was all of the above. I too love the way KMM writes her male characters in all of her books.

If I had to choose a favorite I would have to go with Christian McKeltar. The reason is this, Ryodan you would expect to be bad ass, sexy and mysterious and he was all this and more, Dancer was new so I had no expectations for his character but I did like him, it was also great to see more of Lor in this book, but with Christian his character development was so totally unexpected it made me just want more of him.

I have read all of KMM's books and the McKeltars have always been the good guys even if a little bit of the Bad Boy attitude. I was kind of ecpecting Christian to follow the same pattern of being the good guy possibly trying to save Dani from Ryodan, so it was amazing to see him becoming so dark and kind of creepy. Loved the way he has this struggle with hating what he is becoming, but then he dismisses peopl as just humans as if he couldn't care less. The way he switches personalities between Christian and unseelie prince without notice or even awareness. Then there is the whole obsessive behavior with regards to Dani. I can't wait for the next book too see where his character goes, if he will totally succumb to the unseelie nature or if there is some redemption in store for him.

message 7: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Byrne (ByrneAfterReading) | 14 comments Possibly. Might be a bit too much to handle.

Karen Lanman (Kytanna) | 3 comments I'm team Lor, and I'll always be team Christian

message 9: by Traecaba (new)

Traecaba | 1 comments It has to be Christian for me. I wanted to love him from the start when he was just hot college guy. Now that he's completely psycho, well, if I have a type then psycho-obsessive-stalker would be it. I do wonder what that says about me that I want the dude with a dead chick next to his bed.

I am intrigued by Dancer though especially after the hints that there is more to him that what we've seen so far.

message 10: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Miller | 2 comments I have loved Lor from the beginning, right behind Barron's;)

message 11: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Miller | 2 comments Chelsea [Vampire Book Club] wrote: "Mandi, we have the same taste. I want Ryodan. Badly.

Lor has my eye, too. Hmm. Anyone seen any pictures that make them think of him?"

Look at the Linking Fever page on Facebook. They posted a pic for him. It's nice!!!

message 12: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments I really liked Dancer. I liked the interactions between him and Dani. I'm also interested in the "secrets" that he's keeping (according to Kat).

I really liked Lor too. I was a little surprised because at the beginning of the book I could have cared less, and then by the end I was hoping for more Lor time!

Of course I really, really liked Ryodan. I was disappointed that he didn't get a POV in the book, but I know that was done intentionally to keep a little of his mystery.

I can't wait to see where KMM takes the other two books in the series. I hate finishing her books because now we have to wait for probably a whole year before we get the next installment.

Noreen Traecaba wrote: "It has to be Christian for me. I wanted to love him from the start when he was just hot college guy. Now that he's completely psycho, well, if I have a type then psycho-obsessive-stalker would be i..."

Glad I'm not the only one going for the creepy, obsessive, psycho type. :)

Karen Wapinski | 39 comments I am so intrigued by Dancer, he's my vote for Dani
Ryodan is hot but isn't he one of those people you'd be like RUN DON'T WALK away from in real life lol?

Karen Wapinski | 39 comments Just finished this last night.
I Love Dancer, love him. Which feels so weird for me because I am now fantasizing about a teenager lol.
I love how well he understands Dani, and how even though he has no (as of yet!) revealed powers (beyond being able to hide extremely well from Ryodan which is power enough) he's incredibly smart and completely holds his own against both Ryodan and Christian; both of who could make many a bigger man tremble.
I love the scene where Dani gets mad at Dancer for being worried about her because she thinks he wants to cage her to keep her safe and then when she imagens what it would be like to think he was dead for a month she realizes what he felt and apologizes. I think they're just so good together; totally team dancer.

On a completely unrelated note I love Lor in this book. Can't say I liked him too much in Mac's, but maybe because Dani holds her own against him a little more he's more appealing.

Book Bite Reviews (Briere) | 2 comments Christian doesn't need any help. He's my favorite male character

Jackie wrote: "Christian doesn't need any help. He's my favorite male character"

Love the way you think.

Sherri (SherriR) | 1 comments I've always had a thing for Ryodan. Lor is coming in a close second.

Laura (Halfpintlbb) | 1 comments Lor definitely was the best sleeper character for me. I was expecting Iced to have plenty of Ryo, Dancer and Christian, but Lor came off as that great instigator and definite fun to lighten up situations.
I liked Ryo, but I guess I'm still too much of a Barrons fan to put Ryo at the top.

Angeline Ryodan hasn't won my heart, yet. I love Christian though and Dancer? He's growing on me.
Lor, seems like he has a sweet side-sweeter than Barrons

Angeline Iced was amazing. What will be Decembers read?

LittleBug I've got a thing for geeks...so Dancer it is :)
Although I'm kinda on Team Christian too...he wants to be good so badly, but can't help being so baaaaaaad! Me likey bad boys...;)
And then there's Ryodan...he's a bad boy with a touch of geek...that room if his...sigh...and at least he's no teen!
So...guess I'm undecided then?