Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Uploading a cover

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32707 comments Mod
If the book already exists on Goodreads, please link to it, as well as to a non-bookseller source for the cover.

If it doesn't already exist in our database, we can help you add it.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments G. wrote: "How do I link to it? Your site is incredibly confusing to navigate through. Just to get to this point of asking a question took me about an hour of wandering aimlessly around.

As for a non-bookseller source, what is that? "

OK. Just start by posting in this thread and say what the book title is and what your author name is. We will see if your book is on Goodreads.

message 3: by Monique (last edited Nov 12, 2012 08:39AM) (new)

Monique (Kadiya) | 1099 comments G.,

Let's start over, shall we? You want to add a cover image to your book. You are not a Librarian nor can I see that you have claimed your author profile, either of which would allow you to add the cover on your own. Absent this, a Librarian will need to do it for you.

Therefore, a Librarian will need to know what book to upload a cover image to and what image to upload. You will need to provide that information in order for a Librarian to do that, which is why both rivka (who works for GoodReads) and Banjomike requested that information.

To clarify your earlier question about a non-bookseller source for the cover image. We cannot use images from Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or another retailer of books. We can use images from the publisher.

Edit: The post I was responding to has apparently been deleted.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Greene | 23 comments Hello...can someone upload the cover for Historias de Amor de Todo el Mundo
Thank you so much!!

message 5: by Tntexas (new)

Tntexas | 404 comments #4 - Done and missing word added to title.

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Monique wrote: "Edit: The post I was responding to has apparently been deleted. "

That is why I tend to quote the entire message in my responses. The reply button just adds the start of the message to your reply but I frequently paste the whole thing in. It is often a good idea to at least quote the specific parts of a message that you are responding to.

Also, I notice that the poster has deleted the original post as well.