Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sharpe's Ransom
This topic is about Sharpe's Ransom
Book Issues > Unpublished books?

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oni (new)

Oni (onisur) | 35 comments I think this book, Sharpe's Ransom, is a short story, published only in newspapers as series.
What should I do about it?

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments It looks like you could download an audio version if you wanted

http://www.iamplify.com/store/product...

message 3: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon (JonP) | 146 comments It was published as one of the short stories in Sharpe's Christmas and a web search locates a stand alone mp3 of Sharpe's Ransom as an audio Book complete with cover, performed by Sean Cullen. But I was not able to find an ISBN number for it.

Given that it has 173 ratings, I would not delete it.

message 4: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon (JonP) | 146 comments Given the number of adds an reviews, I added some description including a link to Sharpe's Christmas: Two Short Stories

A super might want to Merge this with that book as the MP3 file on the web looks like a part of a larger audio book.

message 5: by Oni (new)

Oni (onisur) | 35 comments Oh, I didn't realized that it's included in Sharpe's Christmas. Thank you all.

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Jon wrote: "Given the number of adds an reviews, I added some description including a link to Sharpe's Christmas: Two Short Stories

A super might want to Merge this with that book as the MP3 file on the web looks like a part of a larger audio book. "

I don't think so. The audiobook I linked to is just the single short story, Sharpe's Ransom. Merging it with a two-story edition is not called for.

message 7: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon (JonP) | 146 comments Yes, looking at that link and the 1:25:09 run time I agree with you. Most of the hits that I got in my search were mp3 download sites. I added the narator. Should the format be set to mp3-cd or other or just Audio Book

Now if there was a place that we could get that cover that wasn't a reseller or a download site.