East Texas Library Friends discussion

BOOKS TO READ > 2013 Book Selections and Discussion Dates

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne, moderator (new)

Suzanne Moore (SuzeQ) | 111 comments Mod
1. Being Polite to Hitler: A Novel to be discussed at Linda's house on January 26, 2013.

2. The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl to be discussed at the Mineola Library on March 9, 2013.

3. Life of Pi to be discussed at the Lindale Library on April 20, 2013.

4. The White Tiger to be discussed at Linda's house on June 1, 2013.

5. Season of the Witch: Enchantment, Terror and Deliverance in the City of Love to be discussed at the Mineola Library on July 13, 2013.

6. Learning to Swim to be discussed at the Lindale Library on August 24, 2013.

7. The Hunger Games to be discussed at Linda's house on October 5, 2013.

8. Night Road to be discussed at the Mineola Library on November 16, 2013.

9.Growing Up Dead in Texas to be discussed at the Lindale Library on December 28, 2013.

message 2: by Linda, moderator (new)

Linda Rowland | 33 comments Mod
I hope we are happy with this list. It seems a bit depressing bunch of books, and I can remember years that we wished for something lighter interspersed in our list.

message 3: by Suzanne, moderator (new)

Linda wrote: "I hope we are happy with this list. It seems a bit depressing bunch of books, and I can remember years that we wished for something lighter interspersed in our list."

Well #5 has the word Deliverance in the title. I've already read books 7&8 ...

message 4: by Linda, moderator (new)

It also has terror. I wonder why we seem to have a theme. It is odd since there are so many books to choose from.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1 comments These don't look like fun reading to me either. If I weren't already on antidepressants, I would probably have to start taking them.

message 6: by Suzanne, moderator (new)

Don't judge a book by it's title. Last year we seemed to have a theme with "daughters" .... Kitchen Daughter, Cleopatra's Daughter, Galileo's Daughter

message 7: by Linda, moderator (new)

Seemed to have a theme is correct. Just in the titles. We always have good meetings, whatever the read.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Gurley (StephanieGurley) | 1 comments newly published book Refreshed in His spirit. (inspirational Christian book) I am originally from Mabank TX. hope u will check into it

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 2 comments I am not real excited about the chosen reads either.

message 10: by Mrspam4ever (new)

Mrspam4ever | 1 comments Just want to make sure everybody remembers we are having four East Texas Authors here at the Mineola Library tomorrow from 1-4! Come welcome them to Mineola and maybe we will have some suggestions for next years list:)

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ditto on the comments from Linda, Robin and Nancy...After reviewing a detailed synopsis of each book....I am having a hard time convincing myself to read most if any of them..