Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > something strange happened...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something I'm not seeing but I wanted to ask because I've never seen anything like it.
When I click on the second author on this listing:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62...
(I want to say the name is Gohler or something similiar but I forget) it takes me to a page with a bunch of listings and most, if not all, aren't his.
I assumed it was that he was an editor or in some other way contributing but when I clicked on edit Mercy by Jodi Picoult which is the first book listed there his name is nowhere to be found.
Is this unusual? I want to know in case I ever run into it again.
Thanks whoever can help!

message 2: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments Gohler is, I'm assuming, a translator for German language editions of many books. If you go to that book Mercy that you mentioned, then look at all editions, there is a German translation (here) where he is the second author (ie translator) listed. So for all those books showing up in his profile, he is probably a translator for a German edition of each of those books.

message 3: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Thanks Isis. I did see that he was listed as an author on one of the Picoult books but it didn't occur to me that he had translated it. So far I'm always seen the title in the case like that- like editor or whatever else but now I know.
That does make a lot of sense. Thanks for responding so next time I come across something like this I know.