Naked (Alex Kennedy, #2) Naked discussion

The ending

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nwabisa It felt so rushed. Olivia had absolutely every reason to be furious and insecure about Alex's relationship with Anne and James. Especially James. The fact that Alex omitted telling Olivia about their impact on his life makes it seem like there is still some unfinished business there. I also don't like how he kept saying he's never lied to her. Omission and lying is the same thing. It still counts as deception. His weak reasons for it "I didn't think you'd understand" made me hit the roof. How can you have a marriage with someone you don't trust with your issues? I really don't like how easily it was all solved. They both chalked her legitimate insecurities to her not feeling good enough. I want them to live happily but for some reason I don't see it happening. Maybe someone else has a more comforting opinion?

Jennifer Sorry, I don't - I totally agree with you. I also thought it was so strangely rushed - and like the book less and less the more I think about how he acted, and how he seemed to only WANT to love Olivia, as though it would solve his problems. If that makes sense. That scene should have happened in the middle of the book, and having read Hart before, it's not that she would have shied away from the fallout.

The whole scene was awful - his not being truthful when inviting her there, making her dress up, springing his engagement on them like she was some kind of trophy, and then leaving her with Anne while he did whatever he did with James. All while his mini-me wandered around! Ugh.

Marie I agree as well...it was rushed at the end. But I never got the whole BJ in the very beginning. I knew he was into guys. But when he met Olivia, did his feelings for men just go away? And the way he acted with James, there are still some feelings there. I dont understand how she could be with someone who might not be fully into her. As much as I want it to work out for them, I am just not seeing it in the future.

message 4: by Marie (last edited Feb 01, 2013 09:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie I think Olivia has decided to just take a leap of faith in their relationship. It's really sad how one slip up taints all the good things you've done. Alex has his fair share of mistakes and doubts. He claims that he doesn't want to lie to Olivia but he of course is only human. It must have scared him to bare everything to Olivia. He maybe thought that, that part of his life (with James and Anne) might give Olivia seconds thoughts about their relationship. Alex said to Olivia that he was "known to be wrong" and we've had quite a few incidents in the book where what he thought didn't coincide with Olivia's reaction (eg, his proposal, asking her to come with him to Mexico, "I didn't think you'd understand"). Olivia is a brave woman for confessing everything to Alex, not leaving anything out. I wish Alex was brave enough too to bare it all but I guess it is his character flaw to be this person who prefers to keep it all to himself. However, at the very end, we could all see how he's changing for Olivia. I would like to think the ending is the beginning for the new Alex and Olivia, where there will be more misunderstandings and arguments in the future but both parties are willing to talk about these problems and be more honest to each other.

Also, Olivia must have really love Alex that much to just accept him the way he is. She loved Patrick but not enough to go through the marriage with him because Patrick didn't love her that way. The feeling is mutual between Olivia and Alex and that is why she chooses to stay with Alex. I also agree with Alex that Olivia's judgement of their relationship is being clouded by her relationship with Patrick. Alex is Alex and Patrick is Patrick. They're both gays, got engaged to Olivia and had secrets they keep but that's where their similarities end. Alex's love for Olivia was never platonic. These two will surely make more mistakes and heated discussions post-ending but I think they're in for the long haul.

Brenda Marie wrote: "I think Olivia has decided to just take a leap of faith in their relationship. It's really sad how one slip up taints all the good things you've done. Alex has his fair share of mistakes and doubts..."

Wow, I totally agree with you. He did love her, but its still too soon to change what he thought and feel towards Anne or James. He loves Olivia but he still have to speak out his feelings and some true to her.

I believe dearly in their HEA.

Nwabisa Hi Brenda!

It's a terrible feeling to distrust a hero in a romance novel. I'm still hoping Megan Hart writes a book that tells us what happened to them after the ending.

Its a nice book though. They had some beautiful moments like when he buys her a camera or when he cries in front of her after they leave his home (I don't think Alex cries alot,especially not in front of other people). I just really hated how secretive he was.

Thank you for commenting!

Brenda Nwabisa wrote: "Hi Brenda!

It's a terrible feeling to distrust a hero in a romance novel. I'm still hoping Megan Hart writes a book that tells us what happened to them after the ending.

Its a nice book though. T..."

I really root for them bc he really WANT and NEED her since the beggining of their relationship!!
They dont appear in others books by her??

Nwabisa I'm reading Vanilla now by Megan Hart and apparently they feature briefly.

I can't wait to see them :)

Brenda Nwabisa wrote: "I'm reading Vanilla now by Megan Hart and apparently they feature briefly.

I can't wait to see them :)"

Really they appear?? Goodddddddd.
I hope that at last she write some POV from Alex, he is hottie!

Marie omg they appear in Vanilla.....can not wait to read this

Nwabisa Lol yes, and they are married!

Brenda Nwabisa wrote: "Lol yes, and they are married!"
I just get a look in the book and there a lot of Alex!!!!
But he still with her until the end?

Nwabisa Has anybody finished reading Vanilla?

message 14: by Dhfan4life (new) - added it

Dhfan4life I was just going to jump in and add that yep they are married in Vanilla. They are also married in the novella story The Challenge. But even THEN Alex is sounding like he has some unresolved issues to one of his friends/business co-workers.

But I really want to smack the author, Alex, James, Anne, Olivia, and all the side characters in all 3 of their stories! There was just so much not said between Jamie and Alex that trickled down to the women in their lives. And by them not resolving shit, it left a minefield of omissions between everyone. And nobody had balls enough to call any of them on anything!

I normally love Hart for her books realism of sorts amongst her characters. But if this is how real people handle stuff like this, no wonder there is such crazy couples and relationship issues out there.

message 15: by Amal (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amal Fayez I think both of them James and Alex are selfish toward Anna she love them but she have to Give up on of them I wish that she abandon them but she have to chose her has Husband .. but I have questions in naked the boy is he Alex's son ?