Lone Wolf Lone Wolf question

reading more than one book at a time!
Gail Gail Nov 07, 2012 10:09AM
Hi guys, I'm always reading at least two books at once. One is always on my Kobo, the other is a "real" book. Am I crazy? Actually, as I progress in one book, I usually continue reading that one more, until finished, then return to the other one. Haha. Is anyone else like this?

Gail wrote: "Hi guys, I'm always reading at least two books at once. One is always on my Kobo, the other is a "real" book. Am I crazy? Actually, as I progress in one book, I usually continue reading that one ..."

Hi, Gail!
Not to worry, I do the same thing too lol
I have about 15 books that I'm reading all at once, and some of them I am close to finishing more than others.

Gail wrote: "Hi guys, I'm always reading at least two books at once. One is always on my Kobo, the other is a "real" book. Am I crazy? Actually, as I progress in one book, I usually continue reading that one ..."

Hi, Gail!
Not to worry, I do the same thing too lol
I have about 15 books that I'm reading all at once, and some of them I am close to finishing more than others.

Wow, I'm fascinated. I've always wondered how people can do that! I have to immerse myself in a book to really live with the story and characters. I envy people who can read more than one book at a time as I would love to be able to experience more. I used to love to read a book leisurely, but now I have joined Goodreads, I feel I have to hurry so I can get onto the next one! No problem, I love to read; just wish I had more time.

Besides, I am reaching an age where my memory is not what it should be, and I simply could not experience two stories at the same time and keep track. Also, if I was an author, I'd like to think my book was so loved, that a reader wouldn't feel the need to divert from it.

I thought I was the only person that read two books at a time. I'm not sure why I do it, but I am a bookaholic and afraid I won't be able to read the millions of books I plan on reading in my lifetime!!

i always thought that reading 2 books at once would never work, but surprisingly enough it did.I am reading a PDF book and a paper one, enjoying both of them and I can separate between the 2 of them.

Nah, it's all good.

Better yet, do three things at once and check out my webcomic: http://reddkaiman.blogspot.com/2013/0...

M 25x33
Zak Your blog is terrible.
Dec 08, 2013 10:09AM

I thought I was the only person that did this. I often read 2 books at a time. I thought I was a little weird!! Glad there's others like me!

Not crazy at all! I usually have one going on my Nook, one on my iPad, print books in the living room, car and bedroom. They are usually diametrically different so there's no getting confused. Right now I have the James Potter series going on my Nook, Nate Berkus's "Things that Matter" on my iPad, Debbie Macomber's "Inn at Rose Harbor" by the bed, John Irving's "Last Night at Twisted River" in the car and Fern Michael's "Kentucky Heat" in my living room.

^_^ I sometime got so many books that I really want to read so I tried to read 2 books at the same time. I don't know about anybody else but it didn't work well for me. I got confusing and end up have to go back to one book.
I think it's good if you could read more than one book at time, especially books that there are opposite, like one romance and another one mystery.So it's like a break between two books.

I usually read more than one book at a time as well. It's just that one does not always fit my mood, so I have a sort of back-up :) But it also does happen that one of the books gets neglected and then I have to restart, which is annyoing.
No, you're not crazy :)

It helps if the two (or more) books are in different genres. Also, I find that it is sometimes necessary to take a bit of a break in the middle of a book if I'm losing interest or not in the mood for that particular genre.

I read more than one book at time all the time, usally three or more. Right now I am reading five books, two are audio books, one is what I call a light read romance book,one is a YA book which my husband read to me in the evenings and one is a non fiction history book.

I only read 1 at a time but I'm a fairly quick reader and usually read 4-5 books in a month.

Naw..I have several books going at all times. Ive always read like that. I think its pretty common amongst bookworms.

Call me crazy too but I usually juggle several books at the same time. Right now I'm reading Grisham's "Racketeer" AND Lehane's "Live by Night" & both books are interesting yet so different in style & subject. I think that has a lot to do with why we crazies do what we do: variety is the spice of life! If a book is by one of my favorite authors or is just so good that I can't put it down, then I'll usually focus on just that one until I finish, and then it's back to juggling.

Darlene Hey crrie how did you enjoy the "Racketeer"? I have read the book and I thought it was just awesome but want to know how you felt about it.
Mar 15, 2013 05:12AM

Naw you not crazy at all. Currently I am ready 5 books- "The Sins of the Father" by Jeffery Archer, "Demonologist" by Andrew Pyper, "The Carrion Bird" By Urban Waite,( these are first reads ) and on my kindle I am reading "Honor Bound" by Helen Rosburg and "the Fifth Ave Series" box set By Christopher Smith.These books are very different from each other. And they are also very good the authors are excellent some are new ones and some are well known. I hope to have the "Demonologist " completed today. It is awesome!! But I HIGHLY recommend that you don't read this at night!! If you watched Rosemary's baby or even read it- well you will have to read my review of this book.Have a great day- and enjoy reading your books ya'll....