♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Suggesting Books > From the guys point of view

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill I've read a lot of books that have a couple of chapters from the guys point of view, but I really want to read one that is completely from his side. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Thanks so much!

message 3: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Pretty good, sequel was just ok for me but I loved the third one too. All from guys POV :)

message 4: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Nov 05, 2012 08:13PM) (new)

Jennifer (IvashkovLover) | 3372 comments Mod
Monument 14 (Monument 14 #1) by Emmy Laybourne What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore
Also anything by Rick Riordan

Every Day by David Levithan The main character isn't technically a guy or girl but it is a great read!

Also agree with What A Boy Wants (What A Boy Wants, #1) by Nyrae Dawn & What A Boy Needs (What A Boy Wants, #2) by Nyrae Dawn

Here are more that I haven't read but have been wanting too!

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga Something Like Normal by Trish Doller The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta Looking for Alaska by John Green

message 5: by Lasse (new)

Lasse | 17 comments The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky thats from a guys point of view.

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 113 comments Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan

message 7: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (LexiiHope) | 13 comments Beautiful Creatures, I Am Number Four. I admit I'm not huge on these books, but they are popular, fun books written from a guys point of veiw. They're both entertaining! I prefer Beautiful Creatures series over I Am number Four, though (I never continued reading after Four)

message 8: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria Van der bilt (bibliofickle) | 1 comments Try 'Ryan Hunter' by Shelly Piper.

message 9: by T.J. (new)

T.J. | 109 comments I Am Number Four
Under the Never Sky (Perry's chapters)
Midnight Sun
Percy Jackson
Infernal Devices (Will's chapters)

message 10: by Ruby (new)

Ruby The Catcher in the Rye. It's a classic, but it's too awesome to not be read. :)

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (MelC-J) | 1 comments Try The Outsiders for 'classic' young adult guy POV - I've just read it and really enjoyed it.

message 12: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 5 comments The books after I am number four are really good, definitely worth continuing.

message 13: by Angelli (new)

Angelli (Angchelle) | 408 comments try Slammed ....Point of retreat and This girl by Colleen Hoover, the last to are from the guy POV really good!

message 14: by Luna (new)

Luna Cakegood (Luna_Cakegood) | 52 comments Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is from a boy's POV

message 15: by Martin (new)

Martin Reed (pendrum) | 12 comments My Disjointed Life by Martin Reed

If any ladies want insight into the unfiltered young male mind, look no further. Excerpt from the book:

Okay. Time to establish some ground rules in order to keep things professional:
1. Do not stare at her ass.
2. Genuinely listen to her incessant babbling no matter how trivial and mind numbingly boring it is.
3. Do not stare at her breasts.
4. Always smile when she says something, no matter how inane.
5. Do not stare at her ass.
6. Offer to help even if she can easily do it. Chicks dig that kind of shit. Trust me. I’m all knowing.
7. Do not stare at her breasts.
8. Chew gum. Not really sure why that’s important to be honest… I dunno, whatever.
Follow these eight universal rules and you’ll be the girl’s dream guy. Unless she’s a stalker of course, in which case you don’t really have to do much. Except perhaps get a restraining order and an unlisted phone number. And some night-vision goggles for those long, dreadfully quiet walks home in the dark. You just never know when you’ll get jumped.
‘You wish someone would stalk you.’