The Zombie Group! discussion

Name all the ways in which a zombie can be brought to life

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments A book of my zombie stories, BEACH BLANKET ZOMBIE, came out earlier this year, and most of the zombies in the various stories come to life in different ways. But, I bet there are methods of zombie resurrection which I may have overlooked! I love thinking about this sort of stuff...

You're all the zombie experts, so please, list every possible way in which a corpse might be brought back to life.... I look forward to seeing the imaginative responses!

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven Simpson (Simmo837) | 13 comments Voodoo, meteor, virus, biochemical accident, biochemical terrorist attack, satanic ritual, pagan ritual, airborne virus, nuclear blast, alien attack, historical artefact, amazon poison, African jungle poison, exotic animal bite, undiscovered insect, reptile,monkey, fish, snake, mammal, bite or venom, rabid Jungle animal attack, alien probe!! Undiscovered STI and volcanic ash inhalation!!! Have I left any out?

message 3: by Drew (new)

Drew (bookewyrmm) | 4 comments What about parasitic infestation.

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven Simpson (Simmo837) | 13 comments I foegot the main one! When theres no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth!

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Steven -- I see you are a true zombie aficionado! You came up with lots of great answers. Now, if you count Frankenstein's Monster as a zombie, you can add lightning -- and if you count mummies, you can add tea made from tanna leaves.

message 6: by Whitney (last edited Nov 06, 2012 11:05PM) (new)

Whitney In The Serpent and the Rainbow Davis claimed it was by means of a powder, containing tetrodotoxin and/or datura.

And then of course, there's the bite of the Sumatran rat-monkey (which was technically already covered by Steven as 'exotic animal bite').

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments What movie is the one with the Sumatran rat-monkey...? It rings a bell, but I can't remember.

message 8: by Steven (new)

Steven Simpson (Simmo837) | 13 comments Brain dead by Peter jackson!

message 9: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Ah yes, BRAIN DEAD! :-) I watched TOXIC ZOMBIES a week or so ago - remember that? About prisoners who use experimental formaldehyde as a drug and that turns them into zombies. The look of it reminded me a lot of another el cheapo zombie classic, CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS.

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul (taytothief) Insufficient worship of the zombie Jesus.

message 11: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Paul -- Or, EXCESS worship of the zombie Jesus!

I just realized, the movie about the prisoners huffing formaldehyde isn't TOXIC ZOMBIES. It's GARDEN OF THE DEAD. I get those two mixed up! In TOXIC ZOMBIES, they're zombified by toxic marijuana.

message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven Simpson (Simmo837) | 13 comments I've thought of another! Have you seen night of the creeps? The dead where brought back by leeches of some kind but I guess you could class that as a parasite!

message 13: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Steven -- I guess we can lump space parasites and leeches under, ummmm ... alien symbiotic zombies? I think SLITHER also has some of those, right...?

message 14: by Steven (new)

Steven Simpson (Simmo837) | 13 comments Yep that's right I think we may have covered the lot?

message 15: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Oh, I hope not!

In my stories, I've raised the dead with a matter transference machine ... Aleister Crowley rituals ... films with subliminal content that zombifies folks ... horror movies coming to life for various reasons ... Egyptian rituals combined with surgery ... formulas made with jungle mold ... and, simply baptizing the dead.

There are ALWAYS new ways to raise the dead. And the minute we say we've listed every possible way of raising the dead in movies -- we'll probably think of another one a minute later!

message 16: by Doug (new)

Doug Ward (wardswoods) | 8 comments Drew wrote: "What about parasitic infestation."

Good one. That's my take. My book even has it as the title.
Parasite; The True Story of the Zombie Apocalypse

message 17: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Williams (Daniel_Williams) | 4 comments In MACE OF THE APOCALYPSE, the dead are brought back to life by a black-market toxin injected with alien amino acids from a meteorite. There is an actual meteorite called, "The Murchison Stone," that landed in Australia in 1969, which contains life forms as old as the solar system itself.

message 18: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Alien amino acids! That's a good reanimation method! :-)

message 19: by Julio (new)

Julio Corol | 8 comments Evil book, ancient curses, miracle drugs, aliens, pacts with the devil, bio chemical war or experiments.
are some of the ways that you can turn into an undead.

message 20: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Julio -- Good list!

message 21: by Julio (new)

Julio Corol | 8 comments Mark wrote: "Julio -- Good list!"

thanks man, there can be like 1001 ways to turn into a zombie, some are good, others not so good, it all depends on the person you ask

message 22: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments I think the best zombie reanimation method I ever devised in one of my stories was in "Cyber-Vengeance of the Internet Witches" in Beach Blanket Zombie: Weird Tales of the Undead and Other Humanoid Horrors. If you anger a member of the cult of Internet Witches, who live online, they'll send a special virus to your computer....

message 23: by Julio (new)

Julio Corol | 8 comments awesome I should've added evil cultists to the list and they send the virus through the internet, clever. in mine it is set in some future year that I will not mention due to the risk of getting the ideas stolen, the US has been reduced to warring states, my idea is to do my book like the keith Adam or these other books memoirs of a walking dead where the character is a zombie

message 24: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Julio -- I've written about my Internet witches and their cyber-zombies in several books and some zombie anthologies, too. The first time I wrote about them was in my book THE GOSSAMER EYE, which I wrote with Rain Graves and David Niall Wilson, a horror poetry book that won a Bram Stoker Award.

message 25: by Julio (new)

Julio Corol | 8 comments writer to writer what's your source of inspiration?

message 26: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (vicky_saunders) How aboyt total and utter boredom. Or from watching too much television, not very imaginative but what can I say:-)

message 27: by Brenton (new)

Brenton J. (Atrum_Terra) | 3 comments Maniacal Toxic-Metabolic Encephalopathy Inanition is a custom-made biological weapon created by combining parts of the HIV virus, Ebola, black plague, and rabies in my book Atrum Terra: Dark Lands.

message 28: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Julio -- My source of inspiration? Anything and everything. :-) Thoughts occur to me, inspired by various random observations which lead to plot concepts. For example, for my concept of Internet Witches, which I've used in many of my books, I figured: Where is the best place for a witch to live? A place with loose laws: a frontier. And, in today's world, the biggest frontier is probably the Internet. So, witches would go digital and live in the Internet.

message 29: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Vicky -- Yes, most of today's bland TV shows probably COULD zombify a person!

Brenton -- Sounds like a cool concept, a biological cocktail so deadly, it kills you and then brings you back to life! :-)

message 30: by Linda (new)

Linda (LindaJButler) | 2 comments Gene therapy
Anti-Sentient

message 31: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Mandel | 3 comments I used a chemical plant housing a form of concentrated LSD for the government whom was studying it for chemical warfare during Vietnam (true by the way) built ignorantly on top of a slave cemetery which back in the day slaves and servants were buried on top of each other in boxes so it seeped into quite a few of them after a fire broke out and burned the place to the ground.

message 32: by Mark (new)

Mark McLaughlin (Mark_McLaughlin) | 29 comments Linda -- Gene therapy, I like that! :-)

Jacob -- Concentrated LSD, that's good, too! The scenario you depict has a lot of potential for drama. :-)

See, there are so many ways to bring the dead back, it's a wonder we don't have corpses shambling around in broad daylight. ;-)

When I feel dead, I bring myself back to life with a couple cups of coffee!