Zebra Romance discussion

General Zebra Discussion > Which Zebra romance books and /or authors should I avoid?

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JennyG (last edited Apr 02, 2018 05:34AM) (new)

JennyG | 33 comments Mod
I love the drama, adventure and non-pc style of the Zebra romances, but I do have a limit.

I don't like reading books in which the heroine gets raped by another man/men or cheats on the hero. If possible I prefer her to be a virgin and the hero to be her one and only lover.

So with that in mind which Zebra authors or books should I avoid?

I've already been warned that I should stay away from Dana Ransom and Thea Devine.

Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince (LadyEvelynQuince) | 27 comments Mod
Hi Jenny g,

I don't know if I told you about this one, but Deana James has one you might want to avoid: the infamous Captive Angel by Deana James.

I've liked or loved everything I've read by her so far, but I haven't gotten to this one yet. It's a prequel to her Texas series, about the Macpherson family's legendary matriarch. In it, the heroine works her butt off working on her plantation while the hero goes out to sea with his mistresses, even having a child with one of them.

In the next book in the series, Angel's Caress by Deana James, it is confirmed that the hero never remained faithful throughout their marriage and the heroine kept major secrets from him.

message 3: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 33 comments Mod
Thank you for the warning Wendy.