Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Where is your favorite place to read a book?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 2 comments Where is your favorite place to read a book and how many pages a day do you read? Or do you figure out how much to read based just on so many hours a day or more on weekends or divide up a book by 7 to finish in a week? Where do you love to read? In bed, in a special chair, wherever you are, with music on, in silence, with tv on? With others? Happy New Year to all!

Ed

message 2: by Bliss (new)

Bliss (blissreads) | 16 comments I like to read in bed because sometimes bedtime is the only time I have to read. I love to read at the beach while sunning on a lounge chair. A sunny day on a park bench is okay too except I sometimes get too relaxed.

I don't have a specific number of pages to read per day. I just try to finish library books before they're due back.

Sometimes I can read while doing other things like watching telly, listening to music, or even crocheting. But more and more it's too distracting to read while doing "other".

message 3: by Minnie (new)

Minnie | 13 comments I do a great deal of reading in the bathroom, both in the bath and on the toilet! it's the one place i am fairly sure that I won't be interrupted! I like reading in bed but my husband is bothered by the light so I only do it for brief spells.

message 4: by Heather L (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) I do most of my reading in bed or while riding the bus. I can read while listening to music, but have difficulty concentrating if the television is on. While I try to read daily, I don't impose a set number of pages or chapters on myself.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I love to read in bed when I've just woken up with a cup of coffee. I am refreshed, and the coffee helps! When I read when I go to bed, I find that I can only read a minimal amount, vs. when I wake up, I can read chapters. Too bad that 5 out of 7 mornings, I don't have a luxory of staying in bed to read, as the job calls.....

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally I love to read before going to bed. I have not been able to convince myself I can lounge all day and read, though. I love long road trips when my husband is driving because I can read the whole way. Same with traveling by plane. Plane delayed? No problem for me! And beach reading is the best. We have a place we go in the Bahamas for a week. It is usually a 5 book week for me. I read all day on the beach. Whee!

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline I have a comfy glider that my parents gave me for my birthday that I love to read in (and am usually joined by one of my cats, because they love the chair, too). If not there, I'm either reading on a loveseat we have in our office or in bed. All depends on my mood!

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Oh, yes, Sally I forgot about plane rides - GREAT place for reading...it's uninterrupted reading time for me when I am flying alone (and hopefully NOT sitting next to crying or fidgeting children) or a chatty adult .... (am I terrible?)

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth On the beach IS THE BEST! In the shade, with the sun around, cold drink, no family.
Airplane reading is pretty good, too. I usually don't even know who I'm sitting next to.
Most of my reading is in bed, though. And it isn't my fav.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Some of my favorite spots to read:
In bed
@ my favorite coffee shop
before work in the cafeteria
on the couch

message 11: by Fenixbird (last edited Jan 27, 2008 05:05AM) (new)

Fenixbird SandS | 56 comments Well, for me...reading is a pasttime & if I had my wish...and my most perfect life...I would have a special time of day set aside for a nice long swim...and while still wet from the swim...laying on the lounge chair (adjustable long lounger with my feet up) laying peacfully on my towel...with the sunshine on my back...perhaps a lite breeze & a bit of shade...enjoy a wonderful lazy hour to read my current "favorite" book...^ sip my water and nice sun tea or raspberry tea with lime....a wonderful EXPERIENCE! Teresa

message 12: by ScottK (new)

ScottK My Partner and I just rented a new house. It is "Bali Style " which to me just seems to be saying alot of bamboo, anyway out by the pool there is a room. They called it the Meditation room, but I think it will be my reading room. It is outside, right by the pool and already has its own little love seat just waiting to be read upon . :)

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I love to read in bed after waking up early in the morning when it is nice and quiet. Accompanied by a fresh hot cup of coffee. But working doesn't allow for much of that. By the pool or on my patio, weather permitting, are next, but in bed in the morning is definitely my absolute favorite.

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Fisher (kimberlyfisher1) ~on the plane
~in bed
~on the beach

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenforbus) | 25 comments I usually prefer to read somewhere quiet, so I'm not rereading everything. I always commit at least the last hour of my day to reading, but I also try to fit it in other places: waiting in the doctor's office, on a plane, during my lunch hour....I just try to carry my books with me and if I have some down time, I make use of it.

message 16: by Erica (new)

Erica | 1 comments I usually read on the train and often at bedtime. Sometimes I'll just stake out a spot in Starbucks and sit there like a rude jerk for an hour and a half...but usually only when there's no crowd of people waiting.