Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

How long did it take you to finish this book?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 61) (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

it took me 2 days to read it

Angeline Joseph 4 days!

Yayoi 2 days

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

A few hours.

Ciara I began to read the series and got hooked. As soon as I had finished the first book, I would go and get the next and so on.
Because of that reason, I read it in a very short time, I'd guess a few hours.

Avani 10 hours, including lunch/dinner/etc breaks.

Samantha The Escapist I managed to make it last for a week! it was terrible, I had a busy week and I refused to finish it too quickly without savoring it - I reread pages, sat and reflected on things etc.

But I was petrified of going anywhere near the computer (I felt like just LOOKING at the computer would spoil something) or watching news or listening to conversations in public or peeing in public bathrooms. I had GoF ruined just because I had to pee.

Lucky I work at a gym so almost no one was talking about it there lol and I wasn't school aged.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

About 5 hours of non-stop reading.

Claire Approximately ten hours, only with a couple of bathroom breaks. No way was I going to stop and let someone ruin it for me.

Sennin Rirray around one day. :)

Bakshree Mishra I got it on my 15th birthday (6 days after the release date 21 July ;) ) on the morning... I read it for 1 hour at breakfast before sneaking it to school... let's say I managed another hour's reading in the little breaks.... then finished it at 8 in the evening... which makes a total of about 5 hours :D

Oh yes, HP sped up my reading process - it had taken me 2 days of continuous reading to finish OotP when i was in 6th grade and I had a MASSIVE case of Hogwart's Headache after that :D

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Less than 10

Chelci 1 day.

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin A few hours. I've read it more than once, though, and it varies. But, yeah, a few hours over the course of a few days-though I'd stay up all night reading it if I could!

Steven About six hours. I didn't want anyone to spoil it for me.

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Got it at midnight on day of release and started reading as soon as I got home went to sleep for a few hours and carried on till I finished it which was about 5 hours in all. I loved it but was gutted that I had finished so read again as I did rush it as was so curious about the ending.

Aurora I don't know how long it took me to read this book in particular. All I can remember is that it took me three days to read both the Half Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows.

Marri took me pretty long time, 11 days but i'm not a fast reader....

Jessie Radford Under a day of non-stop reading and a huge migraine to top it off lol.

Micaela First time I read it I think it took me about a week the secound time though it took me 1-2 days

Cendra a day (including breaks for breakfast,lunch,dinner, ect.)

Srinivas Samantha wrote: "I managed to make it last for a week! it was terrible, I had a busy week and I refused to finish it too quickly without savoring it - I reread pages, sat and reflected on things etc.

But I was pet..."

'Wow! that's quite a dedication!
I remember that when i got this book, curiosity got better of me and i straightaway asked my brother the ending and then i started reading the book!! :)

message 23: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Clegg 8 hrs

Godiva3 1 day. I couldn't put it down!

message 25: by Robb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robb 2 days.

Jannie Huang 5 hours couldn't stop reading.

Lauren Lee The first time, a few days. But since then I've been able to finish it in under 24 hours.

Angel It took me 10 days.

Maddy i think it took me to read it in 2 days. it is something that we have been waiting for a long time so thats why i think some people read it quickly.

message 30: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah The first time it took... A week, maybe? I was 9. But now it takes me like a day.

Heather well I have to admit I am a late starter to the series. I never really understood what the big deal was but I did see one of the movies on tv and got totally wraped up in the world. So I picked up the books and FLEW them all

Lorena Haro I start at 3:00 pm and finished 6:00 am the next day, so 16 hours

Hayden Sage The first time probably about 3-4 hours, but I had to stop for half an hour for dinner:P After the first time it takes a day or so; Depending on how many other books I am reading at the same time...

Caitlin Alewine A few hours of nonstop reading; there was no way I was putting that book down. However I have read it at least three times since and it still seems like the first time. Just because its the last book doesn't mean it has to be the last time you read it. Reread and savor each and every time!

message 35: by Laura (last edited Dec 02, 2012 09:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura I am sorry for saying this, but not meaning any offence I really cannot understand how you can read this book in a few hours and register everything! You must be skim reading! I'm sorry I just don't think you could possibly be getting all the information.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree

Bakshree Mishra Laura wrote: "I am sorry for saying this, but not meaning any offence I really cannot understand how you can read this book in a few hours and register everything! You must be skim reading! I"m sorry I just don'..."

no - it's just regular HP reading had turned me into an extremely fast reader. I remember the scenes forming in my mind and rolling like in movies as I read on and on... It wasn't about covering it in hours, I didn't care how long it took (since I would have stayed awake till it finished); it was that I was craving what would come next. So when it got over in just 7-8 hours, I was actually crushed :P :D

Bakshree Mishra Victoria "Bob" wrote: "The first time probably about 3-4 hours, but I had to stop for half an hour for dinner:P After the first time it takes a day or so; Depending on how many other books I am reading at the same time..."

wow - that too on the first reading! The fastest I clocked was 5 hours, not that I was keeping count ;) :D

Bakshree Mishra Taylor wrote: "I really don't understand why everybody rushed through HP 7. If you had the last gallon of ice cream in the world and you knew you would never get any more, how fast would you eat it? Would you gob..."

Well, nobody claims patience is one of my virtues... I'm not one of those who would jump straight to the last page to see the ending, but I sure wouldn't keep waiting to get there :D

Losen About 5 pure hours of focused reading...(I sat in the laundry room so no-one would disturb me...XD )

Eliana A few hours spread over a few days. I loved this book!

Francesca Idunno I read it in less than one week. I was too excited to stop reading it.

Nicolle Weiner Taylor wrote: "I really don't understand why everybody rushed through HP 7. If you had the last gallon of ice cream in the world and you knew you would never get any more, how fast would you eat it? Would you gob..."

Lauren wrote: "The first time, a few days. But since then I've been able to finish it in under 24 hours."

Totally agree. I read it in 2 weeks and a half. (:

Mikaela less than two days- i was so excited- though i wished i had spaced it out whilst reading it because when i was finished i felt empty i didn't know what to do because i would normally have the next harry potter book to read :(

Jasmine J 3 days

Farheen 2 weeks......and the whole series took me about 4 months......

message 47: by Lou (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou The first time, I read Deathly Hallows as an ebook, so it took me about a month. I hated reading on my laptop, plus I didn't want Harry Potter to end yet, so that's why I took that long to finish it. But the next time I read it, I had the physical book so it only took me 8 hours, more or less.

Eliza 2 Days. I couldn't put it down and only stopped to eat. Wait, did I even eat? ;)

Nicole 1 day.

Kallie~ Can'tLive-WithOrWithoutYou I was so young when I read it! I think I was like 7? And I finished it in about three and a half, 4 days? Needless to say I cried SO hard at certain points and when it ended!!!

« previous 1