The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Group Events] F2F12 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (moderator: Kwesi) || TFG Christmas Party 2012 - December 15, 2012, 2pm, New Manila, QC

Comments (showing 1-50 of 303) (303 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Tina (last edited Dec 02, 2012 03:54AM) (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments So it's easier to read, I have updated the first post with the updated details for the Christmas party! The older post is in the spoiler tag below. :D

HELLO EVERYONE! Merry, Merry Christmas! Are you excited for our Christmas party? :) I know I am -- 13 days na lang!

Here are the details:

What: F2F12 + TFG Christmas Party 2012
When: December 15, 2012, 2:00pm onwards
Where: #9, 1st St., New Manila Quezon City (map)
Event invite: Click!
** Please RSVP since we will be basing the amount of food we will order based on the people who confirmed in the invite!

HOW TO GET THERE:
Commute:
Ride the LRT2 (purple line) to Gilmore Station.
Get out at South Exit and head towards Gilmore IT Center. Turn right at 1st Street, and walk.

The house is about 4 gates after the commercial plaza, on your right. We will post a sign on the gate for you to know which is which, and then just ring the doorbell! :)

It's also walking distance from Robinson's Magnolia, so people can meet-up there if you're afraid of getting lost. :)

Carpool:
We are also setting up one car pool care of JL on the day, but this is an early carpool since we have to be at the venue by lunch time. If you don't mind hanging out with us that early and you want to help out in setting-up for the event, let us know. :) We'll be meeting at Robinson's Galleria, time TBA. :)

THEME:
Since our book is all about candies and chocolates and sweets, we shall follow that! Come dressed in bright, happy colors - the brighter, the better. :D You don't have to dress up as a candy, but you know, come in happy cheerful colors that fit the season. :) (Which means no black, brown or gray -- sorry to anyone who's planning to wear those colors :D)

SCHEDULE: (might still change)
2:00 - 5:00 pm - F2F12 c/o Kwesi
5:00-5:30 - break, socials, etc.
5:30-6:30 - dinner
6:30-6:45 - Game # 1
6:45-7:15 - Game # 2
7:15-7:45 - TFG 2012 Quiz Night
7:45-8:00 - Kris Kringle
8:00 onwards - party, party, swimming, etc. :)

CONTRIBUTION: Php 300/head

This will cover for our food, prizes and other supplies that we will use during the party. Any excess will be used for our future F2Fs and our other activities. We will collect this upon arrival.
* In the case that you really, really, really can't pay for the Php 300 (especially for the students), please PM me or Aaron. :)
** Pledges are still welcome. :) Please PM me or Aaron!

FOOD:
We're still finalizing the menu, but we will be getting food from Amber :)

We're also planning to have a candy buffet, and we are accepting candy donations. Bring your favorite candies to share and we'll set up a station where you can get your candy fill. :)

If you want to bring food to share, then feel free to do so. :)

KRIS KRINGLE:
Click here for the thread + wishlists! For those participating, please don't forget to bring your gift. :) If you can't make it for some reason, please let us know ASAP!

TFG QUIZ NIGHT:
The main highlight of the night is our first ever quiz night! This is a trivia game about anything and everything related to TFG. :) This means TFG events (F2Fs, outreach, anniversary, random meet-ups, etc), buddy reads, and maybe a little (safe) chismis. :D This is our way of celebrating everything that has happened to us in the past year. :) So, be competitive! Start browsing through the threads, the Facebook group and photo albums and stock up on your TFG knowledge. :D

CHRISTMAS MAILBOX: (name subject to change)
As another way to celebrate our friendship and the past year, we will be setting up a mailbox station for each and every attendee of the Christmas party. You can make bookmarks, bring cards, candies, tiny gifts, write notes and drop it in any of boxes (or actually, it's bags of the attendees. You can prepare your gifts/letters ahead of time, or write it there -- well provide supplies. :)

What if the person you are giving a note to isn't there? Just write them down and we'll collect them and hand it to them when they show up next. :)

BOOK PILE:
Do you have books that you want to give away? Or do you need extra shelf space and you're not sure where to bring your books? Bring them to the party and we'll add them to the prize pile. (As per tradition, we allow the winners of the games to get first dibs on the book pile. :D)

We will also start collecting books for donation for our February outreach activity, so you can also bring books you want to donate during the party. Unclaimed books for prizes will be added to our donation pile, too.

NEW TFG LOGO:
Are you excited to see the new logo? We are excited for you! Being at the Christmas party gives you first dibs to bookish goodies with the shiny, new TFG logo!

WHAT TO BRING:
Yourself
Your gifts, if you have them (Kris Kringle participants, hello :D)
Candies to share
Change of clothes, if you want to swim. Because we can use the pool. We have the house up to sawa. :)

I think that pretty much covered everything? :) If you have any more questions, just post away!

==================================

My original post is in the spoiler tag, keeping it here for archive's sake.
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2105 comments How soon can we post our wish list for the Kris Kringle? :D

message 3: by Alexa (last edited Nov 03, 2012 03:15AM) (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 934 comments Tina wrote: "YES MERONG POOL. Pwede daw gamitin, pero wala lang tulakan sa pool. So you know. :D "

Everybody bring extra clothes na lang! Just in case haha joke

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Monique: next week siguro? :)

Blue: YES :) Exactly. Btw, may piano sa house :) You can play daw :)

message 5: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 934 comments Tina: Oh wow, really? Cool! Pero haha, nakakahiya naman!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Patrick: Talaga lang? :D Haha akala ko ba okay lang matulak ka sa pool kasi... :P Shutting up naoooo. Hahaha!

message 7: by Reev (new)

Reev Robledo (reevrobledo) | 128 comments Patrick wrote: "Walang tulakan please. Parang awa nyo na. Hindi ako marunong lumangoy. :P"

If you can stand up, you won't drown. Pool looks 4-feet high. :-) Anyway, will bring Baywatch salbabida just in case.

message 8: by Monique (last edited Nov 04, 2012 05:37AM) (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2105 comments REEV: Yes, I can stand up. Then only my head will be above water. You do the math. :D

I might have use for your Baywatch salbabida, in that case. :))

message 9: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1900 comments yey for the venue! so easy to sneak in and out from the hospital!

Will we have a theme for the party? Even if it's a pool party, doesn't hurt to have a theme, right?
Still totally digging a chocolate filled pool...

message 10: by Reev (new)

Reev Robledo (reevrobledo) | 128 comments Monique wrote: "REEV: Yes, I can stand up. Then only my head will be above water. You do the math. :D

I might have use for your Baywatch salbabida, in that case. :))"

Atty, just don't move and keep your mouth pointing up or bring snorkel. Hihi. The salbabida is mine...tied to my foot...ako yung tatalon...in slow motion. I will also Photoshop Patrick's famous abs into mine. #peace!

message 11: by Cary (new)

Cary (ForesterCary) | 1369 comments who's excited forthe christmas party? Me me!

message 12: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 934 comments Haha dapat may obligatory lifeguard. Kahit for decorative purposes lang *coughcoughPatrickcoughcough* *ahemahemABSahemahem* #lettherebepeaceonearth

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2429 comments Kris Kringle naaaaa! hahaha, excited much :)

message 14: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4336 comments Nasaan na ang Kris Kringle thread? Excited!

Tina, when will we draft the mechanics/questions for the trivia? :)

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Haha, wait lang! We shall open it tonight!

Angus -- I'll PM you. :)

Theme: naisip namin ni Aaron last weekend candy colored outfits? Pero gusto ko rin yung may chocolates sa pool. :P But if you have suggestion for a theme, go lang. :)

BTW, does anyone know where to get Christmas stockings/socks? :)

message 16: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2043 comments No. 1 on my proverbial christmas wishlist: Hindi sana umabot ng Christmas party ang abs meme na yan. :D

Kris Kringle!!!!

message 17: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2429 comments gora sa theme! dahil may colorful skirt na ko for that. hihihi!

kris kringleeeeeeeeeeeee! pangkulit lang, Tina! lol

message 18: by AennA (new)

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments Someone can also bring, if meron, a chocolate fountain. So we can have a flowing chocolate, literally. :D

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Aenna: Si Veronica hinahanap daw yung ganun nila para madala niya. Or fondue ata yung sinabi nya? Basta maraming maraming chocolate!

Maya maya may Kris Kringle thread na promiseeee. :D

message 20: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 934 comments Haha if ever I choose a weird color, I'm going to bring similar-colored candy to prove that it exists!!

message 21: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2043 comments Clarify lang. Chocolate is not a candy. Brown/Blackish Brown is boring. :D

message 22: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 934 comments Hurrah for licorice candy! :D

message 23: by AennA (new)

AennA (aennabanana) | 536 comments Aaron Vincent wrote: "Clarify lang. Chocolate is not a candy. Brown/Blackish Brown is boring. :D"

But, there is such thing as Chocolate candies, or chocolate-flavored candies. La lang. :P But yeah, chocolate brown is boring.

message 24: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments M&M's?

DARN IT. Buti na lang orange ang wrapper ng Reese's.

Haha wait game na tayo sa candy-colored theme? :) You can actually dress up as a candy, if you feel like it. :)

message 25: by Tina (last edited Nov 06, 2012 03:12AM) (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Patrick: Ikaw kasi eh. Hahaha. Ay may dancing na nalalaman? :D Pwede naman. Haha. If I know memorize mo rin yung Gangnam. >:P

Kris Kringle thread is up! :)

message 26: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2105 comments Tina wrote: BTW, does anyone know where to get Christmas stockings/socks? :)

As in the decorative ones, or the ones that can be worn? For the former, Saizen or Daiso sells them. Marami rin dun murang Christmas items/decor. :D For the latter, I have no idea. Hahaha!

message 27: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Monique: decorative ones! :) Ayan yay, thanks :)

message 28: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2429 comments Hindi maganda ang Christmas socks (worth P88) sa Saizen, mukhang luma. there are better designs and new stocks in NBS worth P70-P80.

:)

message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Ayun, thanks Maria. :) Will check that out, too. I have a little gimmick in mind for everyone for the stockings (so everyone will probably get one haha :D).

message 30: by DC (new)

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments AennA wrote: "Someone can also bring, if meron, a chocolate fountain. So we can have a flowing chocolate, literally. :D"

I'll see if I could borrow one from my aunt :)

Biena (The Library Mistress) (biena) | 447 comments Huhuhu. Christmas Party. I wish. I wish. No breaking news please.

message 32: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulabernasor) | 4 comments cool! would love to join in :D

message 33: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments DC: Yay!

Biena: Kahit habol ka, okay lang! :)

Paula: Yes, join us! You can also join the Kris Kringle for more fun. :D

message 34: by Chibivy (new)

Chibivy | 46 comments OH WOW. I hope I could join. But I'm kinda shy. Mehe. ( ´∀`)

message 35: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 934 comments Chibivy: Wag kang ma-shy! Shy din ako dati hihi. We'd love to meet you!

message 36: by Veneficus (new)

Veneficus (veneficus_) | 277 comments Nais ko rin pumunta kaso saktong Christmas party din ng company nu'n. Tsk. Haha. Malamang sa screening na lang ng Cloud Atlas, mayroon ba? Sama ako ro'n. Haha. Hi Angus! Hak.

message 37: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Chibivy: what Blue said!

Veneficus: magkakaroon! Paplanuhin pa! :)

message 38: by Veneficus (new)

Veneficus (veneficus_) | 277 comments @Tina, hi! Hehe. Pasama po ako, huh? Salamat. :-D

message 39: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4336 comments Veneficus! Kakaladkarin talaga kita sa Cloud Atlas screening :D

message 40: by Bennard (new)

Bennard | 718 comments Guys, may trivial pursuit ako if ever gusto niyong isama yun sa games.:D Pero medyo matagal siyang laruin.

message 41: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4336 comments Bennard, dalhin mo at nang malaman ko na rin kung ano ba ang game na iyan.

message 42: by Bennard (new)

Bennard | 718 comments Angus wrote: "Bennard, dalhin mo at nang malaman ko na rin kung ano ba ang game na iyan."

Okidokey.:D

message 43: by Veneficus (new)

Veneficus (veneficus_) | 277 comments Angus wrote: "Veneficus! Kakaladkarin talaga kita sa Cloud Atlas screening :D"

Haha. Makakarating. . . Sana. Hahaha.

message 44: by Chibivy (new)

Chibivy | 46 comments Hmm, bago pa po kasi ako dito saka may Christmas Party din ako kinabukasan. Andd mejo malayolayo ng onti yung place. I'm from Laguna, btw. Pero keri lang naman yung place konting kembot lang. ^^

Sana talaga makapunta ako. *u*

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Woooow..di ako masyado active sa GR at wala akong kakilala..at nakakahiya..pero parang ang sayaaaaaaaa..i would like to come.. :)

message 46: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2105 comments CLACLANGCLAI: You can attend the F2F first on Saturday para makilala ka namin. Para sa Christmas party, di ka na mahiya! :)

message 47: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2429 comments Hi Chibivy, I'm from Laguna din, so if you really want to come, sumabay ka na sa akin. :)

message 48: by Chibivy (new)

Chibivy | 46 comments Hi Miss Maria~ Taga-Laguna ka rin pala. Sa San Pedro po ako. :D

Pero di talaga ako sure kung makakapunta ako. May lakad kasi ako nang date na yun eh. ;u;

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Monique! sorry to ask? pero what's the F2F on Saturday? Is it an event every saturday?

message 50: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2105 comments Hi Clai (pwede bang "Clai" na lang kasi ang haba ng name mo? :D), the F2F is the face-to-face discussion of a designated book, which we hold every month, not every Saturday. For November, I was the moderator, and we discussed Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian. I suggested that you attend it first para di ka mahiya if you're planning to attend the Christmas party. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.