Team Twilight discussion

5 Reasons Why New Moon Could be Better Than Twilight

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:58AM) (new)

Stephanie 5 Reasons Why New Moon Could be Better Than Twilight. Although Twilight didn’t strike quite a favorable nerve with critics and it left some hardliners of the novel feeling like the film had not done the book justice, the stakes are definitely higher for the sequel.

In the sequel, New Moon brings fresh characters to the story and raises the importance of others already established, namely Jacob Black who was introduced in the first part of the trilogy..

With a new director in Golden Compass helmer Chris Weitz, who replaces Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke, New Moon will indeed be “new” to fans in several ways, including the continuation of an increasingly intricate story.

Here are 5 reasons why we think New Moon could be better than Twilight:

New characters, new conflict:
In New Moon, Bella and Edward’s relationship has already been established. But like any relationship, the introduction of secondary conflict can play an important role on the dynamics of love. Without giving too much away, beyond Edward and Bella, the impact Jacob has on the story creates simultaneous conflict. Loyalties will be put to the test while the choices of right and wrong are pitted against those of want and need. Much like a second book in a trilogy, New Moon will cut to the chase in a way fans can already identify with via new character dynamics while delving deeper into the complexities of love.

Starlet in Shadows: Dakota Fanning?
If cast in New Moon Fanning would be the biggest name attached to the film, even more than her recently popular Twilight co-stars. Although many fans have questioned whether Fanning for role of Jane is the right choice, Dakota brings to the table a masterful range of emotion and a wealth of A-list experience.

Digging deeper in the name of love:
The success of New Moon over Twilight lies in the ability of actors to inhabit their characters on a deeper level. Twilight showed us the magic of an inevitable love story and New Moon will continue the saga in a richer manner. It’s the love story that will force Pattinson and Stewart to go deeper inside themselves as actors than they did in Twilight.

Setting the new mood:
Although Washington, Oregon, and Vancouver all fit the franchise well, the dreary scenery in Twilight was able to set the tone of the novel, bringing to life the plight of the characters while creating a setting that befitted Edward and Bella’s relationship both internally and externally. Vancouver will bring that in broody spades.

Second, with the slumping economy director Chris Weitz and crew will get more mileage out of the American dollar in exchange, which should afford the production a few more tricks and effects that Twilight wasn’t able to incorporate purely for financial reasons.

The Quileute Tribe and the Legend:
Jacob Black was originally intended to be a stand-alone character in Twilight but his role in New Moon is more significant, as the underlying conflict between werewolves and vampires comes to the forefront. The Quileute legend speaks of its people being descended from werewolves, with the lore based on real Quileute legends except for the introduced conflict with the vampires (or “cold ones” as Jacob describes them). With the arrival of the Cullens, legend and lore allow fans to journey deeper into the mythology and intricacies of New Moon’s opposing forces. The legend and the expanded significance of Jacob will take fans on a darker journey while evoking more complex emotions than Twilight.

Looking ahead:
The mystery lies in the creation and execution of Stephenie Meyer’s world into two hours of visual complexity. Many fans of the series were left wanting with Twilight. Unlike the unknown of Twilight on the big screen, we’re expecting New Moon to be better in at least 5 different ways - new characters and conflict, Dakota Fanning and how she’ll raise the game of the cast, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart digging deeper as actors, the new location, and further exploration of the legend.

message 2: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Bring on New Moon!
They forgot the 6 reason why New Moon will be better then Twilight... Taylor won't have a shirt on for a good protion of the movie.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie LOL!!!! I couldn't agree more!!!

message 4: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) Just 'cause Dakota's in it, it won't make it better! She won't even be in it for 3/4 of the movie!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I think they are just saying that because she's like the only well known actress??? IDK

message 6: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) Probably..

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

omg!! meghan!! yes yes yes!!

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I just watched Twilight for the 6th time tonight and it really made we want to see New Moon!!!!

message 9: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments They're probably trying to get more people to come see it by saying she's in it. And she's not even in 1/4 of, more like 1/5.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie someone said they forgot the 6th reason...Taylor without his shirt...lol

message 11: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments That was me. it ture and they should have put it in, cause that is what a lot of fans are excited about. No one cares that Dokota Fanning is in it. But everyone cares that Taylor won't have a shirt on!

message 12: by jessica83 (new)

jessica83 Ward (stardustw83) | 18 comments Carmel wrote: "Just 'cause Dakota's in it, it won't make it better! She won't even be in it for 3/4 of the movie!"

i agree, i think they could find someone totally better for the part

message 13: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments They're make such a big deal of the fact she's in it. Jane isn't that important!!

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I know right!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah shes not that important right now in the story and dakota fanning sucks!! i hate her

message 16: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Clam down Sara.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

haha deep brething

in and out in and out

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I don't hate her and actually After looking at some pictures of her I kinda think she can pull it off.

message 19: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Hollywood loves her that's for sure.
I thought she was good in I don't remember what movie, but I haven't seen anyof her work recently.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

she was in that movie Push but i havent seen it

message 21: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments I wanted to see that it looked good. It also is by Summent and I saw a preveiw for it while i went to see TWiligh.

message 22: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) I want Push too. I love my Mutants, X-men is the bestest though!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont think Push looks that good

message 24: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments But one of the main charactors is really hot!!! And I like mutuns too!!

message 25: by Carmel (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:36AM) (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) Watchmen is another hero movie out. I don't think it looks that great though!

message 26: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments The main charactor dies. It's based on a book that i read about in another book, which happens to be another vamp. book. I haven't see any trailers for it.

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Yeah the main guy in Push is super hawt!! I love muntants to I can't wait for the new wolverine movie...Gambits in it and he's my fave X man of all time!!

message 28: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments I want to see that too!! I haven't seen the whole 3rd one though. But I don't think it will matter since this movie is before the last 3.

message 29: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) I have the DVD of the third X-Men movie. Wolverine's movie is gonna be UHMAZINGG! Shocking how much Hugh Jackson actually resembles Wolverine!

message 30: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 24, 2009 04:35PM) (new)

Stephanie I know I love him...the guy who plays Gambit is super hawt!!! I'll find a pic...

Taylor Kitsch Pictures, Images and Photos

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie WOW WOOOW WOOOOW WOOOOOW!!!!

message 32: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) Oh, he is.

message 33: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Who's he?

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Oh we were talking about the new Xmen movie...he is playing Gambit.

message 35: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments no idea what that means, but ok. He's really hot in the black and white pictures! The middle one, not so much.

message 36: by Carmel (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:38PM) (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) You haven't heard of X-Men?!

message 37: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments I have just not of that guy.

message 38: by Laura (new)

Laura (ifavorentropy) Oh I don't really like dakota but i think she'll be goood as Jane and can really pull it off. TOTALLY agree with #2!!!!!!!!!!

message 39: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Why is she such a big deal? She has such a minor part and has like 3 lines.

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Just because she has a big name in hollywood!!

message 41: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) She isn't that big though!

message 42: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I know but shes better known and has been in more movies than anyone else on the cast...

message 43: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) Truth!

message 44: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Plus she was like 10 when she won like a billion awards.

message 45: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmyK) Ugh, stupid talented people.

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie lol...

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments wow

message 48: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol

message 49: by Emma (new)

Emma | 113 comments i don't really like chris weitz, myself, but we'll see.

message 50: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i thought he did a good job w/ the golden compass movie

« previous 1