Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Tom Hitchen
This topic is about Tom Hitchen
Book Related Chat > Would you read this?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom | 3 comments I've recently started writing a novel with the working title of Opportunists. A short preview is available on my blog.

The basic idea I have is to write a novel(ette) about a group of petty criminals who, after being shot at and barely escaping with their lives, decide a change is needed. Do they get jobs? No. They go for one BIG job.

They attempt to rob a small bank on the outskirts of an unremarkable town. This bank, it is revealed, will be owned and run by the supernatural (haven't decided what yet :P ).

The narrative then turns on it's head from a run of the mill crime novel to a monster survival horror, with a fair bit of dark humour.

The title is a play not only on the criminal protagonists' lifestyle but also that of the bank staff who prey on attempted felons.

What do you guys reckon? Is this something you would be interested in reading?

Thanks for any input.

message 2: by Layla (new)

Layla (TellM3More) | 1 comments I think it sounds interesting. I love paranormal characters and dark humor. Your story sounds like a cool read.

Danielle (Dannie) (DanielleRS2012) I think it sounds very interesting also. I would definitely read this!

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom | 3 comments Thanks, guys :)

I've sent you both friend requests as I'm trying to network on here.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Sounds interesting to me. :)

message 6: by Lauri (new)

Lauri Heanue Sounds good! I'd read it.

message 7: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 43 comments I think I'd need to see a little more. Sounds intriguing, but I don't get a sense of the plot from your summary.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (ABerkeley) Good plot twist. Like it.