The Random World of Reading discussion

Matched (Matched, #1)
This topic is about Matched
Monthly Reads > Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie - November

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lauren Discuss the monthly book! What did you think?

Jennifer (StillyAspieMom) Okay, so I started reading this book last month and I'm still not done. I am having a hard time staying interested in it. I've gotten to the part where she meets the other person she was matched with, but I'm still struggling. Please tell me it gets more interesting.

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (DeeMozeleski) | 1 comments I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure about it at first because I rarely read YA, but I got the book through BlogHer and thought 'why not?'

I thought Ally Condie did a great job at creating characters I wanted to get to know. Now I'm looking forward to reading the next books in the series.

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (drnaah) Read this way back when it first came out (it was collectible, so I got a signed copy early on). It actually builds up to a point that will keep you interested, and the sequel is pretty good to.

Missy (BrewInspiration) Do not currently own this book...looks interesting.

Lauren (babystinkbreath) (Laurenbabystinkbreath) | 1 comments I really enjoyed this more than some other ya dystopian. I really enjoyed how the main character goes back and forth in her mind between loving and hating the society.

Alyssa | 2 comments I have read this book, #2 and I have #3 on preorder. They get awesome, I promise! I am picky with the YA novels I read- and I liked these.

message 8: by emily_oriley (new)

emily_oriley | 155 comments Meh, I turned down this book when it first came out but I can't remember why. Maybe I'll look it up again and see if it's something I can get into.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I have been meaning to read this book for a while, so the fact that it's the monthly book gives me an excuse to read it :)

message 10: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda (amandaml87) | 28 comments Mod
Can't wait to start this!!

message 11: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (iheartfunbooks) | 4 comments This book was so boring. It started out cute and then they were reading a poem and climbing a hill. I felt no romatic connection whatsoever. The second book was ever worse. I didn't read the third.

Jennifer (StillyAspieMom) Okay, so I just finished it last night. I'm like Rakia. I don't even know if I'll read the second book. It was an Okay book, I just didn't enjoy it. I felt no connection. I felt like the main character made all the WRONG choices.

Bubbles (DianadieJagerin) I liked it. I didn't read it for the romance, which is probably why I liked it.