Moning Maniacs discussion

FEVER : Books > Burned (Dani O'Malley Trilogy #2)(Fever Book #7) **Not Yet Released **

Comments (showing 1-50 of 376) (376 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Meredith Barrons (last edited Oct 31, 2012 12:25PM) (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I wanted to create a thread for those of us who have finished Iced! I absolutely loved it, but it has raised so many questions!! First do you think that Dani is like Ryoden and his men? There are a lot of simlarities... hyperspeed etc. Plus, why aren't they killing her now that she knows they are immortal after the encounter with the hag? Also, any Dancer theories? There is more than meets the eye there but I can't figure out what. Poor Christian... can he be saved and changed back? He has lost his freaking mind!

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments Hi! I'm new to the group and I just finished reading Iced last night.

I don't know if it's possible that Dani's like Ryodan and his men, but it would certainly explain why they haven't killed her- maybe she can't be killed! Personally, I was disappointed by Ryodan in this book. I expected him to be prickly and dangerous, but I expected to like him. I don't, I kind of think he acted like an ass!

I don't think Christian can be saved, the transition seems kind of permanent. Unless, of course, the Tuatha De decide to help out. After all, the Seelie Queen turned Darroc human.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Meredith Barrons wrote: "I wanted to create a thread for those of us who have finished Iced! I absolutely loved it, but it has raised so many questions!! First do you think that Dani is like Ryoden and his men? There a..."
I'm just postulating here, I was sort of wondering the same thing. We won't know until she dies alone and there's nobody there to save her, but it seems like there's a big possibility that she is.
As for Dancer. Someone suggested that he could possibly be the Ryhmer. Besides his attachment to Dani, it would explain why Ryo wanted to kill him in the alley and had him on his radar I guess. Still don't know.

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Barron's has seen Rhymer before. Wouldn't they recognize him? He is the one who drank the fae immortality elixir like Mac right?

message 5: by Jessica (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:03AM) (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Yeah, but Barron's hasn't been around much, and when he is, it's too quickly over for any recognition. Perhaps Ryo does know who he is. He'd be able to smell the difference. Don't know which sucks. Can't wait to read Burned, even if I do have issues with Iced. Revised- I don't think Barrons has been around Dani and Dancer at the same time to recognize him.

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Ryo did say Dancer was just a human though but dancer is a genius so you never know how he could disguise himself. What did you think of Jo and Ryo? I wanted to puke when she said they tell each other everything!!!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments I think right now Ryo is using Jo to sate his baser needs and possibly to get Dani jealous or have her start to see him as Jo would see him. I mean, he is ruthless, but treats Kat ok. He may even have some type of aloof friendship with Jo and care about her as a person but Jo is too tame for him. It would be disappointing if she does end up with him.

message 8: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ (last edited Oct 31, 2012 01:53PM) (new)

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥  (mylheage) I hope no one ends up with Ryo!

Damn, I don't even remember Rhymer.

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments @Sarah I don't remember who he is, either.

I agree that Jo is way too tame for Ryodan. That's not gonna last. But I think Ryo still sees Dani as a child for the time being and probably will for a while.

message 10: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Okay, Rhymer is mentioned in shadow fever after Mac finds Barron's son and almost dies. He said she smelled different after she was Priya and he suspected the fae gave her the elixir that made her immortal. He said that he k eqsomeoneelse named Rhymer who was also human once and drank it.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (TheBookWarrioress) | 130 comments I loved the book, but hope that Ryo is not the hero. I just didn't like him for that role. To me he was a cheap imitation of Barrons. Give us someone unique!

I don't like what Ryoden did to Kat at all with Sean, and hope he stays with Jo, because he just isn't winning me over.

Dancer is though! Where'd he come from when she was iced!? Awesome. I love when he told Ryoden he would have never got Dani in their hideout if he was there...cute! And it doesn't seem like he is afraid of any of them.

Poor Christian. I still love him though.

message 12: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments As of right now it seems like the only guy Dani is interested in is Dancer. I think she just thinks Christian is crazy which is so sad. I wonder where his uncles are in all this and why they aren't helping him!

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments It does make you wonder where the other Keltars are!

I love Dancer. I think there's definitely more to him than meets the eye!

message 14: by Isabella (last edited Oct 31, 2012 06:46PM) (new)

Isabella Oliveira (isabellaoliveira) | 3 comments Reading Moning's comments she said that Dani starts the book with 14 and at the end she is 17. I read it in one day , so maybe I missed something, but, I didn't see that in the book. Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong?

message 15: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Oliveira (isabellaoliveira) | 3 comments Meredith Barrons wrote: "I wanted to create a thread for those of us who have finished Iced! I absolutely loved it, but it has raised so many questions!! First do you think that Dani is like Ryoden and his men? There a..."

I think this is a great idea.

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments Isabella wrote: "Reading Moning's comments she said that Dani starts the book with 14 and at the end she is 17. I read it in one day , so maybe I missed something, but, I didn't see that in the book. Can anyone tel..."

What KMM meant was Dani starts out 14 in this book but by the end of book 3 she'll be 17.

message 17: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Oliveira (isabellaoliveira) | 3 comments Claire wrote: "Isabella wrote: "Reading Moning's comments she said that Dani starts the book with 14 and at the end she is 17. I read it in one day , so maybe I missed something, but, I didn't see that in the boo..."

Noooooo,why, GOD???? That means that her relationship with Ryodan is going to be what exactly? I'm kind of bummed now. Cause if it doesn't evolve is going to be a YA book. #kindofsad

message 18: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments I have hope because this book didn't come across as YA, so I don't think later books will either. I have no idea what's going to happen between Dani and Ryodan. KMM did a good job of being mysterious!

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Jessica wrote: "Meredith Barrons wrote: "I wanted to create a thread for those of us who have finished Iced! I absolutely loved it, but it has raised so many questions!! First do you think that Dani is like Ryo..."

His fangs just slid out. I shake my head and whistle. “Dude, what are you?” He looks at me long and hard and I see something in his eyes that I almost get but don’t. It’s a look that I feel like I should know but just can’t make sense of. There’s more of a breeze in the small, closed office than I usually manage to generate, and I realize he’s vibrating, too— and he makes wind, too. I’m beyond annoyed. Is there anything I can do that he can’t do?

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Meredith Barrons wrote: "As of right now it seems like the only guy Dani is interested in is Dancer. I think she just thinks Christian is crazy which is so sad. I wonder where his uncles are in all this and why they aren..."

Dani says she cares for Dancer as she would possibly a brother. She is aware of him. Taking note of his looks and such, but she is also becoming very aware of Ryo on a deeper baser level. So much so, it disturbs her so she blocks it out. But, who knows, I'm probably way off. lol

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Dani seems to lose her powers when she is very sexually excited... Don't know where I'm going with this. I am re-reading the book and it just popped out at me. Also...

Christian at one point says, I’m glad I’m going Unseelie prince. I say bring on the power. I say let there be war...... Since Cruce has turned into something other, does that mean Christian is becoming War? The US King said perhaps it would be Barrons that becomes War,... But I'm thinking it just might be Christian.

message 22: by Robin (new)

Robin | 11 comments Jessica, I also noticed the comment about Christian wanting war, and thought that most definitely foreshadowed he would replace Cruce as War. Christian grew wings. Cruce and the Unseelie King both had wings. I also noticed there were several situations in the storyline that reminded me of the Unseelie King. It really got interesting when Christian started talking about hiding Dani away in the White Mansion so he could keep her for all time.

My roommate here in New Orleans noted that the base of Dani's skull was sore at the nape of her neck after she had been passed out for 3 days. We both totally think Ryodan tattood Dani, and that is why he can find her. Ryodan also told Dani she didn't need her MacHalo to protect her from the Shades and he was able to make her move her arm to take a candybar without using Voice.

What about Mac?? Why are the ZEWs 1) scattering away from Mac in the subclub at Chester's; 2) camping out on top of BB&B where Mac lives; and 3) HOW did Mac sneak up on Dani without her hearing it. Why did Dani lose her superpowers around Mac?

I am 100% sure Dani is the daughter of one of the men, her mother a sidhe-seer. Is Mac now one of them too?

Elucidate.

message 23: by Jessica (last edited Nov 01, 2012 12:08AM) (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Robin wrote: "Jessica, I also noticed the comment about Christian wanting war, and thought that most definitely foreshadowed he would replace Cruce as War. Christian grew wings. Cruce and the Unseelie King both ..."

Lol. I can't elucidate, but I sure as heck can postulate. ;) The US King said that there is a need for princesses. V'lane kept refering to Mac as princess. Would laugh and say she doesn't know what she's becoming. He gave her an immortal exliar that he himself, didn't know what it would do to her besides heal her and make her somewhat immortal. Perhaps she's turning into an US princess, or even Queen since the Sinsar Dubh resides within her soul. And the wraiths are her minions and she just doesn't know it yet? lol That's my best guess at this time. What do you think?

message 24: by Jessica (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:11AM) (new)

Jessica | 18 comments So I was thinking more about Dancer, The Rhymer, and the boy that was kept captive in Faerie for hundreds of years or whatever.

Kat says there is something deep and dark in dancer she can't even reach to read him correctly. The boy that was kept captive with his journals was assumed dead because his possessions were tossed out of Faerie and are on Earth. Dancer is a bookworm and beyond intelligent. He can track Dani. I'm assuming the bracelet he gave her is something like a tracker for him to find her because she points out that they always do find each other.

The Rhymer was once pure human, but doesn't have an age or a name. Plus, Mac only smelled a little different, not like Fae, and she, according to Barrons, smells like the Rhymer. Do you think these three people are one in the same?

message 25: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments There are a lot of theories that Dancer is Rhymer so it could be right. Barrons has seen Rhymer before though and you would think he would recognize him, but maybe Ryoden hasn't? I don't think Barrons has seen him yet.

A lot of people have said that they think Ryo is Dani's father. Could Moning be tricking us and what we are thinking of as a romantic interest be paternal? I really hope not!!!

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments I don't know. After reading it a second time, and for what is was, I'd be ok with Ryo and Dani getting together. It just sucks that it's going to be dragged out so long before the first kiss with him, anything at all hot and heavy or anything else because of her dang age.
As for him being her dad, there were times I thought so, but after seeing her almost naked, he had to have sex with Jo after taking Dani to lay down, but I don't know. And just other little things, but I'm not confidant of one or the other, which is driving me bugfuck!

message 27: by Jessen Elizabeth (new)

Jessen Elizabeth (jessenliz) Jessica wrote: "I think right now Ryo is using Jo to sate his baser needs and possibly to get Dani jealous or have her start to see him as Jo would see him. I mean, he is ruthless, but treats Kat ok. He may even h..."

This has to be the only part of the book that I truly didn't like. I mean come on! Jo? I have to say that I'm rooting for Dani and Ryo and him being with Jo just made me mad. I know Dani is 14 and not ready to be with Ryo at all, but did Karen have to make him sleep with someone familiar?

On one hand, Ryo is using Jo until Dani is older and more mature, which I hate because it makes him an ass.
On the other hand, he really cares about Jo and they have a real relationship, which I also hate because I want him with Dani eventually.

message 28: by Jessica (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:48AM) (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Jessen Elizabeth wrote: "Jessica wrote: "I think right now Ryo is using Jo to sate his baser needs and possibly to get Dani jealous or have her start to see him as Jo would see him. I mean, he is ruthless, but treats Kat o..."

He also was putting the moves on Kat don't forget. But I agree with you. Ryo's never had a steady girl. The boys won't let him. I don't think this is a "real" relationship with Jo. And remember, Jo realized getting sexual with Ryo could possibly mean nothing. He picked a new girl every night to have sex with. Where he might have messed up at is when he said he cared about her. He was playing head games with Dani, she figured it for how it was, they had that blow out, but Jo still thinks it's more. And it might be, I hope not, but it could be.

message 29: by Stumble (new)

Stumble | 7 comments Hi! I'm new to this group, but here are my thoughts.
I love Ryo, I think he is a headfucker, where Barrons was about his actions.
Karen has said in a Q/A on her website that we won't find out who Dani's father is.

"This dude standing in front of me could chain me down worse than anything my mom or Ro ever did to me." I think Dani is extremely aware of who and what Ryo is (to her) on a subconscious level. "Ryodan isn't one of those men who will ever tolerate losing anything that's his, for any reason."

As Christian states, she is so young and naive when it comes to relations of any kind in this book. But at the same time I think she is pretty profound- she just doesn't realise the context. I can't wait to watch her grow up!

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (Kam525) | 15 comments Ok Ladies, Have to say that I really dislike Ryo, STRONGLY. He just rubs me the wrong way in everything. Gah he is a total @ss most of the time. I never felt that way about Barrons. Even when Barrons was being an @ss, I still liked him & was wanting to smack Mac.

I am thinking that Christian is evolving into the US King. Christian can touch the sword, I think the US King can too because he was once Seelie. I need to go back & re-read the US King info to be sure. Christian is making all kinds of noise that you would expect from the US King, the locking Dani up, that he sacrificed himself to help Dani, Dani, Dani, Dani!! But if he is becoming the US King, then what is happening to the King? He was absent in Iced so we can only speculate. Dunno, have to re-read Iced for more details that I missed in my quest of OMG what happens next first read.

message 31: by Stumble (new)

Stumble | 7 comments Jessica, I think you are right about Jo being one big headgame- with benefits for Ryo. I think Jo is a very naive toy, and a red flag for Dani- our girl is so jealous, it's dripping of the page:-)
Dani may be naive when it comes to love and relationships regarding herself, but Jo doesn't have the excuse of inexperience- at the end of the book she(Jo) is subtlely trying to order Ryo's boys around. Stupid much? So sorry but I don't like her, she's annoying.

message 32: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments Kimberly wrote: "Ok Ladies, Have to say that I really dislike Ryo, STRONGLY. He just rubs me the wrong way in everything. Gah he is a total @ss most of the time. I never felt that way about Barrons. Even when Bar..."

I really, really dislike Ryo too.

Have any of you read KMM's Highlander series?? Christian is a Keltar Druid, and in her books the Keltars have one true mate. They get totally obsessed with her, are instantly attracted to her, and viciously protective. The mates also have a way of saving the Druids from the darkness inside them. I think it's possible that Christian thinks Dani is his mate. I don't think Dani's actually his mate, or the attraction would be mutual.

I don't understand what those things were that seem to have become Mac's entourage, but it can't be anything good! I don't think Dani's inability to freeze-frame has anything to do with how aroused she is. After all, she got stuck in front of Mac, and she's not attracted to Mac.

message 33: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Stumble wrote: "Jessica, I think you are right about Jo being one big headgame- with benefits for Ryo. I think Jo is a very naive toy, and a red flag for Dani- our girl is so jealous, it's dripping of the page:-)
..."

Stumble, I agree. I'm not feelin' Jo at all. Even Dani cringes for her when she tries to implant herself within the clique, ordering people around while clinging to Ryo. Ryo tells her not to tell him what to do, and reminds her at least twice about it. Dani can say whatever she wants, and he'll try to make her happy and so will the boys. Jo's just a time filling interloper that Dani happens to care about and Ryo's doing the nasty with.

message 34: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (Kam525) | 15 comments Ooooh Claire!!! I so forgot about that!!!! Interesting, wonder if Christian finding his true mate would save him now? Could be. I will have to think on that one.

What about Dancer? Wonder who/what he is? We didn't find out anything about Rhymer in Shadowfever. Just a slight mention and Barrons wasn't around Dancer but wouldn't he have gotten his scent off Ryo?

Also what about that other lady stuck inside Dani? The one that doesn't seem to have any emotions and doesn't want to give control back over to Dani?

I hate waiting between books, especially with cliffhangers at the end. All we have is more & more questions!!

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Kimberly wrote: "Ooooh Claire!!! I so forgot about that!!!! Interesting, wonder if Christian finding his true mate would save him now? Could be. I will have to think on that one.

What about Dancer? Wonder wh..."

I was thinking more about Dancer, The Rhymer, and the boy that was kept captive in Fairie for hundreds of years or whatever.

Kat says there is something deep and dark in dancer she can't even reach to read him correctly. The boy that was kept captive with his journals was assumed dead because his possessions were tossed out of Fairie and are on Earth. Dancer is a bookworm and beyond intelligent. He can track Dani. I'm assuming the bracelet he gave her is something like a tracker for him to find her because she points out that they always do find each other.

The Rhymer has no name or age that we know of, and a slightly different smell than a human, but not a Fae smell. Could these three men be Dancer? Wait, crap, do you remember how many years it takes for the Rhymer to age a year in people age?

They lady stuck inside Dani I would assume, would be herself. People that go through so much trauma, especially at a young age, would form some kind of mental defense to push emotions or any weakness aside to protect themselves. Meeting Mac opened up her up in a way, and her defenses now have a sieve instead of walls and emotions she's not had to deal with are slowly leaking through. She doesn't want to vulnerable, so she doesn't want to let that part of her have any control over her cool, calm, killing machine with no emotions, self.

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Voxon) | 56 comments You guys all bring up good points. I too did not fall over heels with Ryodan. I think Kmm did this on purpose. I think she's going to throw a curve ball at us and change course with dani and Christian. I hope. That highlander theory someone mentioned is brilliant. I think she is going to be the one to tether him to the good side but understand him because she too will become a bit evil. Doesn't anyone remember what happened to her when she killed that hunter in Shadowfever? It's like she was infected with a little evil.

message 37: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments I'm glad you guys like my theory! I just read the Highlander series so all the books are fresh in my mind.

I think it has some merit because the highlander books a Druid gets turned dark and has to fight against the evil Druids taking him over. He gets turned into a totally different person because of the dark forces inside him but his mate brings him back.

Lisa wrote: "You guys all bring up good points. I too did not fall over heels with Ryodan. I think Kmm did this on purpose...."

I think KMM did too. If we all totally adored Ryodan immediately he'd be nothing but an imitation Barrons. As for what killing the hunter did to Dani, I have no idea. Maybe that's what's stopping her freeze-framing? Is it like a poison?

@Kimberly& Jessica: You guys made a good point about Dani's alter ego. If we're thinking that Dani's like Ryodan, then it could be her beast threatening to take over. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. It's obviously significant.

message 38: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I totally love the whole druid theory. I loved reading all the highlander books and I am kind of disappointed that the MacKelters aren't helping Christian more. I wish he wasn't going so freaking crazy. I can't see how he could have a chance with Dani now, but maybe something will change? I wish Moning made Dani a little older than 14. Why couldn't she have aged her more at the beginning of the book! Now we have to wait till book 3 to see who she ends up with!!!!

message 39: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Also, Dani did throw her sword to save Christian and he did sacrifice himself to the hag for her so that should earn him some points!!!

message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Claire wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Ok Ladies, Have to say that I really dislike Ryo, STRONGLY. He just rubs me the wrong way in everything. Gah he is a total @ss most of the time. I never felt that way about Barro..."

I was thinking about what you said about Christian and the McKelter love once in a lifetime.
My theory is, maybe Christian is there for KAT! She belives in soulmates, she is having problems with Cruce and could possibly release him, who could or would help her other than Christian?
Kat's an emotional empath which Christian would need to help him through all his UP final changes, and together, possibly come up with a way to save him.
I promised myself I would post anymore about this today, and was relaxing and that just popped in my head and I had to post it to see what ya'll thought about it. Thanks so much!

message 41: by Lisa (last edited Nov 01, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Lisa (Voxon) | 56 comments "As for what killing the hunter did to Dani, I have no idea. Maybe that's what's stopping her freeze-framing? Is it like a poison?"

That's a good point but perhaps Mac is somehow involved in her inability on how to freeze frame because why would she come up to Dani like that in the end when she knows she could just move at super lighting speed. This is going to drive me nuts all year. I am already re-reading it so I can catch anything I didn't see before.

message 42: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments @Jessica that's a possibility that I never even considered, but you make a good point! But Kat seems pretty much in love with Sean. What if Christian scares her because she can feel his rage?

@Lisa The end of the book was one of those moments where I sat there thinking, "What the hell just happened?" I mean, didn't we establish in Fever that Mac doesn't want to hurt Dani?

message 43: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Claire wrote: "@Jessica that's a possibility that I never even considered, but you make a good point! But Kat seems pretty much in love with Sean. What if Christian scares her because she can feel his rage?

@Lis..."

Kat was in love with Sean, but he abandoned her for the seelie after Ryo released him. She's hardened and will continue to. As for scaring her, with her empathic abilities, she'll be able to see deeper into him, perhaps calm him, in ways nobody else can.
As for Mac sneaking up on her. She's had plenty of chances. I really do think Mac went to Chester's and talked to her while she was chained up. She said Ryo had to punish her because of what she did in front of everyone, and at the end, Dani said she'd get out of it somehow, and Mac smiled and said hold onto that thought.
Mac's not going to kill her. She wants to confront her and clear the air and try to start anew. She loves Dani as much as Dani loves her. But Dani always runs or hides from the confrontation, so Mac had to do a sneak attack, that's all. (hopefully lol )

message 44: by Lisa (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:18PM) (new)

Lisa (Voxon) | 56 comments The end of the book was one of those moments where I sat there thinking, "What the hell just happened?" I mean, didn't we establish in Fever that Mac doesn't want to hurt Dani

I thought Mac was being hostile because she just doesn't want to die from Dani. Because she probably thinks that dani thinks she wants to kill her and that she may defend herself. Does that make sense?

But you know, now that you mention odd behavior. Did anyone else think that Mac's mom was acting very weird when she ran into Dani?

message 45: by Claire (new)

Claire (Claire1) | 34 comments Aha! That's the thought that got away from me the other day.

Yes, I thought it was odd. In fact, I don't think it was Mac's mom at all. Her mother doesn't have anything to do with WeCare. She headed up her own project, remember? She didn't act normal at all. Unless, of course, someone had just Voiced her.

I think the WeCare people are going to show up again as future bad guys.

message 46: by Davena (new)

Davena | 51 comments Ok just finished!!!!
OMG... Ryodan did take some getting used too, but I kind love him in his own way..."Barrons breaks head. Ryodan turns then inside out. Barrons fucks you up. Ryodan makes you fuck yourself up. He pushes buttons and rearranges things according to his own private, coolly sociopathic plan."

I think that sums up ICED...lol
I hate him with Jo, but it is really part of the plan to piss Dani off enough to notice him. I don't think he was expecting Dancer at all, that's why he went after him in the alley but then decided he might probably play a role in the plan.

My speculations...
As for Dani... i totally believe she one of those guys kids!!! In DF when they came to break Mac out, Dani mentions that one of guys kept staring at her creepily like he knew something about her, that gotta be her dad.
The whole other person in her that "can survive anything. feel nothing." and doesn't want to let her leave is her beast!! Ryodan brought her back, kind like Mac did with Barrons in the shower.

BTW absolutely loved Dancer and Lor kept cracking me up.
After reading the comments Dancer and that kid that got stuck Faery have something in common...I dunno about the rhymer, b/c I assumed Barrons was talking about Adams son that drank potion. In highlander series.
Can't wait to see where things go with Kat, technically Sean left her.
Christian freaks me out but I think it true we gotta find his one true mate.

Dude... what the hell was up with that ending!!! I Mac think needs her to drop the sword b/c technically thats the only thing that can kill her. But Dani did have Barrons killed, so I think Mac may have flipped again...ugh this wait is going to be killer.

message 47: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 109 comments I JUST finished, its 1am and I only wanted to say... I hated Ryo with Jo! I just hated Jo really. She pissed me off so much!

Ok I gotta get some sleep, but I'll come back tomorrow to post my thoughts.

message 48: by Jane (last edited Nov 02, 2012 03:46AM) (new)

Jane | 6 comments Kare did an Iced Q&A where she was asked if we would learn anything about Dani's father, she answered no . And when she was questioned if Daegus was Dani's father, Karen said that, that was a "perfectly valid question."

Here is the link: http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/show...*

message 49: by Julija (new)

Julija (kirinokisu) Just finished. Loved Lor, Ryo and Dance (sometimes), hated Jo and Christian. I really, really hope Christian will be cured of his temporary insanity and forget his stupid revenge plans. He's freaking obsessed! I miss the charming college guy with a killer smile :( And what's with this unhealthy obsession with Dani? Where the fuck did it come from?
As for Dani, I can't wait to see her grow up and become a woman, act like a woman and think like a woman. But I enjoy a child's perspective. Kinda nice to see Fever world from such a different angle.
I also hope that Jo will finally open her eyes and stop lying to herself. A relationship? Mutual trust? Oh please. We are talking about Ryodan here. If Jo was as important as she thought she was, she would've been taken care of long ago. And she does think she's important and she can change Ryodan. She just keeps telling herself it is not so and maybe she honestly believes she knows this is just a casual fling. I mean, for the first time she's not a plain sidhe-seer hiding in the library, unnoticed, but alive. She reminds me of Fiona. Just another doormat no one considers important or pays attention to. But I think she will play a bigger role.

message 50: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 125 comments So, the only good thing about having to take a sick day yesterday and going to the doctor to get a shot is that I was able to stay in bed and read Iced all day long.

Okay, here goes.
All the people that were worried about Dani & Ryo hooking up and the age difference thing, I don't see that happening. I don't think Ryodan looks at Dani as a potential lover, I think he looks at her as a weapon. He almost seems avuncular towards her sometimes. I do believe he cares about her, but I'm not seeing any type of romance between them. Yes, I know he got turned on after seeing her practically naked, but he is a very sexual man-beast, what do you expect? He isn't going to see a hot young naked body and have no reaction at all!

I'm definitely thinking that Dani is part whatever Ryo and his men are. I think she is probably the love child of one of his men... it sounds like her mom got around quite a bit. Ryodan has been watching her since she was a child. I think he knows who her father is. How funny would it be if Lor was Dani's father? They seem to have a lot in common! LOL.

Ryo & Jo, um, just no. That doesn't work at all! I don't want Ryo to end up with anyone permanently. I did with Barrons, I wanted him and Mac to be together forever. Not Ryodan, I don't see him ever settling down with just one woman. We knew that Barrons was a playboy, but we never really saw it much. We see how much of a playboy Ryodan is, there is no denying it or hope to change it. I don't want it to change... especially for Jo. She needs a nice Irish boy that she can grow old with, not Ryodan.

Christian... well, he has lost his mind completely. I think there is still a little bit of that Highlander in there, but the Unseelie side is definitely winning. I'm not sure he can come back from it. If he can, it will probably be with Dani's help. He seems to have fallen for her, hard.

As for Dancer, I like him a lot! We know he too is in love with Dani. I'm liking the theories everyone is putting out that maybe he is the boy that was kept in Faery. I used to think that was Barrons though... I thought that was probably why he killed the princess, as revenge for keeping him hostage all of those years. I need to go back and reread more about the boy. I don't know about the whole Rhymer thing. That didn't stand out to me from the previous books so it never crossed my mind. I think you all maybe on to something that Rhymer, the boy, and Dancer are all the same person. I'm really liking Dancer though. He and Dani seem to have a real connection, it makes me smile!

At the end, I have no idea why Dani's superpowers keep coming and going... I'm wondering if it is because of hormones or something... they can do some awful things to your body. Anyway, at the end when Mac creeps up on Dani, her superpowers aren't working so she didn't have super-hearing, that is the only reason she was able to sneak up on her. Mac doesn't have any malitious intent though. She knows that Dani still thinks that she wants to kill her and will fight as soon as they get close. She has to disarm dani so that they can actually talk. I think as soon as Mac is able to get Dani to drop the sword, she is going to rush in and give her a huge hug and completely blow Dani's mind!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8