.:.Book Bodega.:. discussion

The Twelve (The Passage, #2)
This topic is about The Twelve
Book Discussions > The Twelve (The Passage, #2) by Justin Cronin

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sammee (chasing_sammee) | 379 comments Mod
Leave your thoughts about The Twelve (The Passage, #2) by Justin Cronin, as you are reading, just make sure you say what chapter & page you are on so that there are no spoilers. This way we can discuss as we read without ruining the ending for anyone. :)

message 2: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia (MiaPea) | 359 comments I'm already on page 136, as I couldn't resist starting this book already! As with The Passage, I have a teensy bit of trouble with the transitions, but I'm finding this an easier read (after the 1st 20 pages or so of orienting myself) and very compelling.

I'll probably start this in the 2nd half of the month since i"m starting dovekeeper tomorrow :)

message 4: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia (MiaPea) | 359 comments Page 256 - really enjoying getting the back-story on a number of characters. He does still throw out a few teasers about what's going on, and I suspect that various questions won't be answered until book 3, but, so far, I'm enjoying it.

message 5: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia (MiaPea) | 359 comments I finished today, but hesitate to comment until others have finished. I found it satisfying. :-) Now...on to The Dovekeepers!

Just started today & I'm excited!

This is so disjointed. I just finished the section with Grey Painting Lila's nursery. Maybe cause its been 2 years since the 1st one came out but I find it hard to remember all the characters.

message 8: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia (MiaPea) | 359 comments I did a quick re-skim of book 1 before The Twelve. I found that I started getting more oriented and seeing how the characters/time periods fit together about midway through the book.

message 9: by Sammee (last edited Nov 29, 2012 04:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

half way through it & now i'm hooked! So many twists & turns & surprises i'm just floored. I still hate that there are so many characters to keep track of. its tough especially since this jumps around in time.

message 10: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia (MiaPea) | 359 comments Yes - it does jump around in time and it took me some time to get oriented, too. But then it sort of settles down a bit more into one time period and then you get hooked, right? (Funny - I usually don't have trouble keeping track of characters, but I seem to tangle Hollis, Michael, and Greer in my head at times!)

Diane | 9 comments so I just finished it and really enjoyed it. Due to its intensity I had to read it in pieces as I was always afraid of what was going to happen next. I am happy that Lila turned out the way that she did for some reason that character hooked me. Now to wait for the third installment.

message 12: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia (MiaPea) | 359 comments Yay, Diane finished! I'm going to have to re-read the whole synopsis before book 3, because I need to keep events clear in my mind. I was also happy that Lila turned out the way she did. :-)