La Poseurs discussion

Scribbles & Stuff > Book Help

Comments (showing 1-50 of 55) (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cheyla, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Cheyla (cheylaraine) | 1882 comments Mod
Chello, lovlies!

Got writer's block? Need a 'lil advice from your fellow poseurs? Dying to figure out what a character's name should be?

We'll cover all this- AND MORE! In our Book Help section. Don't be shy- we're here to assist!

And I, uh, actually might ask for some advice as well. *Shy smile*

BEGIN!

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments um.....i need help with a name. I need a medival name insted of Sophia but that is close to it

message 4: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (EJSchoenborn) | 379 comments Seraphina?
Safia?

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments Okay.
I think it's time I actually start thinking about my book, else I might procrastinate to December.

message 6: by Cheyla, Impressive, Star Fox (last edited Nov 01, 2012 07:35AM) (new)

Cheyla (cheylaraine) | 1882 comments Mod
It's NaNo time!

message 7: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (EJSchoenborn) | 379 comments I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO CHOOSE TO WRITE! :O

A COMPLETE Re-write of The Student Body.

The Link - Book One - The Triun
(view spoiler)

Reflections
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Okay, NaNoWriMo is working on me. I shouldn't be in a german and an english chat room at the same time. I just posted a german sentence here. O.O
Ooookay.

So, again: I see why this is a problem, because both sound totally amazing!
Maybe you could make a poll and let everybody vote on which story they like better?

...I think I'd choose the "Reflections" book. It sounds like a better choice for NaNo, because it picks up speed soon. And if you're stuck, you can just add anither creature attack.

message 9: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (EJSchoenborn) | 379 comments I saw and i was like... WHAAAAAAAT?
:D

message 10: by Marlene (last edited Nov 01, 2012 05:39PM) (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Yeah.
I told you I would surprise you with outbursts of random German some day. Now the day was here. Yay! Surprise attack of the german words!
...did you understand anything?

message 11: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

the sound of Autumn | 3132 comments Mod
I'm not so sure though, I personally would go with book one of The Link. It seems like you've got more of a plan for it, you know what you really want to have happen, and that's important if you're going to be writing over a thousand words every single day. You need to have an outline of your book in your mind, otherwise you could get stuck, and fall behind.

Not to mention it sounds like a really interesting story!!!

message 12: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Yes, it does. That's the problem; I find them both good.
So better listen to Autumn. :)

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments EJ, Zombie, Ugly wrote: "Seraphina?
Safia?"

OH OH!!! i like seraphina!! <3 thanks!!

now i need one for Tara -_- =even though i said that since the god of earth is called Terra and her power is earth than itd be fine but...

message 14: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Mmh... now that I think about it, I think I like "The Link" a little better. Though it might be more difficult to write. But as I am currently obsessed with heroes (and a whole country with everyone havong something like "super powers" fits that category), I'd want to read that most.
And I will be able to read your stuff, right? Right?

message 15: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (EJSchoenborn) | 379 comments YES YOU CAN ALL READ MY CRAPPY WRITING! :D
Terra = God of Earth
Person with Earth Power = Tamara (Tah-mah-rah)

message 16: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Like Tia and Tamara from that TV show Sister Sister?

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments EJ, Zombie, Ugly wrote: "YES YOU CAN ALL READ MY CRAPPY WRITING! :D
Terra = God of Earth
Person with Earth Power = Tamara (Tah-mah-rah)"

:/ tamara isn't a very medival name.

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments the sound of Autumn wrote: "Like Tia and Tamara from that TV show Sister Sister?"

hmmm..Tia sounds nice though..,

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments the sound of Autumn wrote: "Like Tia and Tamara from that TV show Sister Sister?"

hmmm..Tia sounds nice though..,

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments As if those other names or any more or less 'medival'.

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments :/ hmm? i have a list of medival names but... none of them sound right

message 22: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Thomas is always good.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Neither do yours, really.

message 25: by Marlene (last edited Nov 03, 2012 05:44AM) (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Men: Parzival, William, Edmund, James, Arthur, Bartholome, Christophe, Sebastian, George, Rudolph

Women: Margareth, Katherina, Kunigund, Magdalen, Adelheid, Clara, Agatha, Alaine (or Elaine)

Happy?

message 28: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Does that help a bit? That were the ones I could find so far. I found more, but they sounded... stupid, to say the least. Some of them are German, but you really wouldn't notice it much.
Well, they sound medieval. I think.

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments hmmm... I've got Tia instead of tara. seraphina instead of sophia. those can be names of other kids

Beck (formerly Boo) (Boooty) | 327 comments In my ex-nanowrimo story, I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK.!
:3 evil.

message 31: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Write Or Die man, I'm telling you, it murders writer's block with a rusty shank.

message 32: by Beck (formerly Boo) (last edited Nov 12, 2012 02:00PM) (new)

Beck (formerly Boo) (Boooty) | 327 comments I KNOW!
What now?
(view spoiler)

message 33: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Wow, so sick... I love it! :D The descriprtion really is exceptional Boo! Just a few grammatical errors to fix here or there, but the content itself is very good. I like how twisted it is, it makes the story intriguing!

Beck (formerly Boo) (Boooty) | 327 comments Thank you. ^.^

Description's here- Marielle Fanica Sergano is found mysteriously dead. She's reborn as a ghost, skimming in and out of the real world to commit dastardly crimes (torture, decapitation, killings, haunting, etc.) The victims always have a dusting of rainbow glitter and vanilla perfume, her signature.

message 35: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Ohhh, very interesting! Seems like a great novel Boo, have you been writing it regularly?

Beck (formerly Boo) (Boooty) | 327 comments Meh. I've written on it like twice. I tend to do big chunucks occasionally rather than half a paragraphs a day

message 37: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Oh, I've been trying to write consistently everyday, so I churn out like... about 2,000 words a day.

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments I have written anything since the first weekend...

Beck (formerly Boo) (Boooty) | 327 comments I;m working on like 6 books rihgt now.

message 40: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments мαттнєω lє Ðєяαηgє∂ wrote: "I have written anything since the first weekend..."

Then start now! :)

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments (view spoiler)

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments XD for NaNo i wrote a 540 worded prolgue. now i have no idea how to start the actual story. That just geos to show that i CAN NOT write a story without planning ahead and i suck with due dates XD i dunno how i'll manage as a best seller XD
i gave up on NaNo. 'cause:
1) writers block
2) yearly exams (THIS FRIDAY!! O_O)
3) i'm in the middle of a future best seller so i don't really wnat to focuse on anything else sincce all my brain gives me ideas to is for that one story. XD I'm really looking foward to finishing it. Maybe in the future i'll finish it 'cause no matter what you do or work or be you can always also be a writer!!!! so i'm like: write the plot, get all the ideas out there onto your fab folder, plan out the chapters adn what happens in what chapter, write the main events and then put it away in a : DO NOT TOUCH UNTIL AFTER YOU GET A JOB AFTER SCHOOL (25+) _XD draw XD
and i must do ALL OF THAT by year 11 O_O wow. how can i manage?? I'm afraid that in the middle of a HSC exam i'll suddenly come up with an idea and forget about it later XD

message 44: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Did someone get a little copy-pasta happy?

Can't is sort of a stupid word sometimes. It's just an excuse to put off something that you really can do. It's that little voice inside your head saying you don't have enough time, or talent. Well, screw the little voice, and screw the worries, and just do it. Because "can't" is not an excuse, unless you're screaming at a person in a wheelchair to get up and walk already.

message 45: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Coolkidrox123 ☯ The Shadow ☯ wrote: "XD for NaNo i wrote a 540 worded prolgue. now i have no idea how to start the actual story. That just geos to show that i CAN NOT write a story without planning ahead and i suck with due dates XD i..."

Why don't you write that during NaNo then? After the exams are over?

message 46: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments @Matt: Why?

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments Marlene wrote: "Coolkidrox123 ☯ The Shadow ☯ wrote: "XD for NaNo i wrote a 540 worded prolgue. now i have no idea how to start the actual story. That just geos to show that i CAN NOT write a story without plannin..."

im afraid that i do not understand what you just said

message 48: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Coolkidrox123 ☯ The Shadow ☯ wrote: "GOSH IM HYPER ME AN COFFEE DO NOT MIX!"

I can tell, there were seven XD faces in that one post.
o__O

message 49: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments I was refering to that: "I'm in the middle of a future best seller so i don't really want to focuse on anything else..."
So why not focuse on it?

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments Marlene wrote: "@Matt: Why?"

Because I can't force myself to do it.

« previous 1