Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Contest Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments We still have a few contests in mind, but it'd be nice to hear from other people in the group. So if you have any suggestions, please post below.

Thanks!

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I like this idea! Give some of our members a chance to give us some ideas!

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments :)

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32353 comments Okay, my brain is trying to be creative...nope...didn't work! LOL I'll keep it in overdrive and we'll see what happens!

message 5: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Stop, Vicki! You're creative! I know you can come up with something!

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32353 comments Hahaha...honestly, creativity is NOT one of my strengths.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments It's ok Vic :)

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments We are going to host a contest to celebrate Valentine's Day. Tell me what you think...

We are going to need only one theme:
1. Books with 2 people (boy & girl) on covers
2. Pink or red covers
3. Flowers on covers

Other suggestions are welcome :)

message 9: by Yoly (new)

Yoly | 696 comments Mmm I like the option 1.

I read like 3 romantic novels in my life (because of the school) but is not my favorite theme. But sounds like a good challenge read one to Valentine's day.

What book do you recommend?

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31380 comments Gisbelle wrote: "We are going to host a contest to celebrate Valentine's Day. Tell me what you think..."

I think flowers would be tough (I had to read one for a challenge and struggled to find good covers!)

Um, I think I like the 2 people on the cover (there are SOOO many! LOL!) but Pink or red would be pretty good too!!!

oooooooooh!! ANOTHER contest!! I can't wait!! :D

message 11: by April (new)

April Renee (Aprilina) | 86 comments I like the pink & red color idea! I think flowers would be too hard.

message 12: by Angela (last edited Jan 13, 2013 01:15PM) (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Flowers are hard to find, but the first one is really easy LOL. The second one is okay, but it's overrated. Everyone's doing challenges with cover colors. Maybe not red or pink, but yeah. I like the first choice. :)

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments thanks guys :) ok, I'll go with the first one then :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't know if I'm allowed to suggest anything but I was thinking a contest of books turned into a TV show/movie. It's popular that most movies/shows are based off of books.

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments it's ok to suggest :) and we are doing that for weekly theme challenge already.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I will have to look into that. Thanks!