The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from Florida!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna Compton-Mys (coldsnap) | 101 comments Hi! My name is Joanna and I live in west central Florida, way too far from a bookstore in my opinion. (Evidently that is supposed to be changing, but I'll believe it when I see it!)

I've just gotten back into reading after learning to juggle life and a nearly year old baby, and I am very excited to read some of the suggestions I've heard of here! I really like this forum and hope to learn a lot and have some fun!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10124 comments Mod
hi Joanna....
Thanks for joining. COngrats on the baby, and hope you have a blast in here!

message 3: by Karencilla (new)

Karencilla | 12 comments hello there! congrats for the baby and welcome!

message 4: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Joanna, welcome! Happy Birthday to your child!
You'll find lots of things to read here.

message 5: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments Hi Joanna! I live in FL too! Nice to know a neighbor! :) Happy reading!

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Flora Wilkins (kflora) I'm a FL native from Ft. Laud. I'm in AL now, but possibly looking at Pensacola for retirement (I lived there for 7 years, and my husband loves to visit the area).

Welcome!

Joanna wrote: "Hi! My name is Joanna and I live in west central Florida, way too far from a bookstore in my opinion. (Evidently that is supposed to be changing, but I'll believe it when I see it!)

I've just g..."

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Joanna, Welcome to the group!!!!

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome to the group Joanna.

message 9: by Croyle (new)

Croyle Smith | 5 comments Gooday Joanna, I live in Panama City , Its not as great as the T.V. shows make it out to be .

message 10: by Joanna (new)

Joanna Compton-Mys (coldsnap) | 101 comments Electricity? In England? Never!

message 11: by Kittiya (new)

Kittiya | 12 comments Hello Joanna, I love your avatar pic! Good to hear your able to read again. I was able to read a lot during my pregnancy and my daughters first year. But after she was about 16 months I tended to be reading more to her then for myself. She will be turning 5 next month and it's evened out a bit more again.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Joanna!

message 13: by Joanna (new)

Joanna Compton-Mys (coldsnap) | 101 comments Thanks Kittiya, my pic is my dog Piper. I'm not certain how he manages to make himself that small being a 45 pound dog, but he does it.
I'm glad to meet you all and hope to learn a lot and have some fun!

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Hi Joanna, I love your profile pic. I just have Barbies for mine.