Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers H-M > Morgan's Writing Goal. Woo Hoo!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P Day 1: February 17th.
WC goal: 200
Actual WC: 278

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Good goal! :D

message 3: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P Chapter 1
Halley

Ah. Dayton Springs. “Dayton Springs: A Little Slice of Heaven,” the sign on the town limits says. Population: 350. Fun: zero. Growing up in a small town is tiring. You can’t have a tooth removed without the dentist telling his wife, who tells her friend who works at the pharmacist, who told your neighbor who comes up to you and asks, “I heard you got your tooth pulled. You feeling okay?” So you could understand how something much bigger could get around the town in no time flat.

Dinner that night was dull as usual.
“How was school, Halley? Brooke?”
“Good.”
“Do anything fun?”
“No.”
That was the extent of conversation at dinner that night, just like usual. Since our dad left, everything had gotten out of hand. There was a stack of dishes as tall as I was in the kitchen, and you could barely see the floor in any of the rooms in the house. But mom was coming around, I could feel it.
“I know tomorrow is Saturday, but I have to run to get something at work, so you guys will be okay here for a little while, won’t you?” she asked.
“Yeah mom, we’ll be fine,” Brooke answered in her usual chipper tone.
“You guys are angels. I’m going to go watch T.V. and get ready for bed. Can you handle cleaning up Halley?”
“Sure mom,” I replied. I walked to the kitchen to see the dishes staring right back at me. I think I was wrong. I think the dishes are not as tall as me, but taller. But I wanted to finish soon, so I jumped right in.

That was just a little something. Not a big deal, but criticism would be appreciated.

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Oh, I like it. I love the way you describe the setting. Okay, do you want like, a formal review, (6 traits and such) or just a quick scan?

message 5: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P either is fine

message 6: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments welcome morgan!

message 7: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P Thanks!

WC today: 234

This is just a continuing from above:

Almost an hour later I finally finished. Of course, I wasn’t that enthused to be doing dishes in the first place, so I probably could have finished earlier. So I went to my room to get ready to do homework. I first started on Geometry. I thought I would get the worst done first. After a while of moaning and groaning, I finally was done, so I moved on to Language Arts. It was one of my favorite subjects. I was writing a research paper, so I got on my computer and did a little researching.
A little later, I finished that and went out to the T.V. room and found my sister sitting there.
“Hey,” I said as a plopped on the sofa beside her. She didn’t reply. I waved my hand in front of her face to get her attention. Then I started to worry. Is It happening again? Then she snapped out of her trance and I relaxed.
“Oh,” Brooke said, mildly surprised.
“Hey,” I said, not realizing I had been holding my breath until then when it came out in a big whoosh.
“What’s up?” She asked, sounding distracted and far away.
“Not much,” I said, suspicious. Was she keeping something from me? “What’s up with you?”
“Not much with me either,” Brooke replied.
“What just happened?” I asked.
“I don’t know, but I get the feeling this isn’t like before.”

message 8: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Morgan :)

message 9: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P Thanks again.

message 10: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments you are welcome

message 11: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Welcome, Morgan! Your pic looks like Muncher!

message 12: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments lol! i posted a pig pic of muncher as a puppy in my first post

message 13: by Morgan P (last edited Feb 20, 2009 01:52PM) (new)

Morgan P <--- That's my dog Molly. She's amazing.

message 14: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments awesome! i want a dog....*sigh*

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments ^^Purty.

message 16: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P thanks!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel mmmm chocolate...*drooling* ok, stumbling out now :)

message 18: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Oh Molly is too cute :)

message 19: by KM (new)

KM | 12 comments The dog...the present...It's Christmas.

Welcome and lots of luck.