Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

(Self) Promotion > Lover Avenged: Two Excerpts available in Ward's website

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I just finished reading the 2nd excerpt from Lover Avenged, and I'm so hype about it, I can't wait for April, and read Rehvenge's book.

Has anybody read it, and what do you think about it? Ehlena is promising to be a great heroine.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Yz...
I was lurking on some BDB threads on Amazon a while back (prob a year ago or so), and they said that Ward had confirmed that we have already met Rehv's mate. Did these excerpts give a hint about who she is? (I guess I should just go read them myself, lol.)

message 3: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Oh..definitely. Have you read Lover Enshrined? If you have, his mate was introduced in that book.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) A. Yes, and I don't remember her. But that doesn't mean anything.:)
B. I know I read that (about having met her in a book already) long before Lover Enshrined was published....
Too bad. There were all these theories about who she might be, and I guess they were all wrong because at the time of that thread, we hadn't met her yet. It was all a lie!

message 5: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments .....SPOILERS......

When the lessers attacked Haver's clinic, she is the nurse who helped out. Her name is Ehlena.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Okay. :) That's better. Thanks for clarifying, Yz. (Maybe I should re-read the books before I jump to conclusions....)

message 7: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments LOL...no problem.. Did you read the excerpts? Just curious...I'm dying to talk about it with someone..LOL..

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Yeah, I did and I must say they have me anxious to read the book.
I never really latched on to Rehv as a character in the previous books; he just didn't do much for me.
But those excerpts have me intrigued. I liked what I read of Ehlena and I think this may just be a GREAT book.
Hard to tell from just what I read, but it seems like it may be better than Lover Enshrined, which is definitely needed for this series if Ward doesn't want to lose fans... Ehlena's already more interesting than Cormia, at least.

message 9: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm with you about Rehvenge. I didn't really see him as hero material, until I would say third or fourth book, but he is definitely intriguing.

Ward's is rumoured to have said that Ehlena will be a kick-ass heroine...and I'm hoping it will be the Scorpion princess's ass..LOL..and that last statement in the 2nd excerpt...about her willingness to commit murder for him..just sent shivers down my spine. Definitely this is no weak-willed female.

Also, I love how vulnerable Rhev is in this scene. Very emotional and sweet. Can't wait for the book now...LOL

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I agree about that second scene. I loved when she said that about commiting murder for him, and also how vulnerable he was. It made him a much more believable romantic hero.

message 11: by Malena (new)

Malena (thefieryheartnz) | 72 comments I can't wait to get my hands on this book! Thanks for the tip i'm off to Ward's website now.

message 12: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Let us know what you think.

message 13: by Malena (last edited Feb 18, 2009 10:51AM) (new)

Malena (thefieryheartnz) | 72 comments I must admit at first I wasn't to crazy on the idea of Rehvenge's book. Now I'm really looking forward to it. I'm up to Lover Enshrined (there's a queue at the library) so I haven't been introduced to Ehlena yet. She sounds kick-ass.

message 14: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Feb 19, 2009 12:02PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Anybody here who is a JM/Xhex pairing fan? I'm definitely one.

In a recent chat, JR Ward has confirmed that these two will definitely be together, and JM's book is supposed to follow after Rhev's, but we don't have to wait for his book to see more of him and Xhex together.

More reasons to impatiently wait for Lover Avenged!!