Q&A for Printing By Hand discussion

Foam with adhesive backing

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Barlow | 2 comments Hi :) It must be just me, but I am having the hardest time finding this foam that you mention in your book. I have searched online and in stores such as Michael's, Utrecht, Pearl, and Pla-za art supply stores. I have only gotten strange looks from the people I have asked about it. Help. Is there another name for it that I should use to search? Or is there another material that will also work (for example: felt with adhesive backing? I did find this at Michael's) Where do you buy yours?

Thanks for the help :)

Lindsay

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena (lenacorwin) | 65 comments Mod
hi lindsay,
sorry to hear that you've had trouble! foam sheets are often in the "model making" department, or in the kids craft department. here is a link to the brand i use, called "Foamies"--

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.js...

best, lena

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Barlow | 2 comments Thank you so much! I'll check it out. I love your book by the way. And I just received your lines&shapes books. They are amazing and have definitely gotten the creative juices flowing. I cant wait to get the next set!

Best,

Lindsay

message 4: by Annette (new)

Annette | 2 comments Hi,

I have just purchased your lovely book - but i am having the same problem as Lindsey and cannot find self adhesive foamies. I have tried the link you gave - but still cannot see the self adhesive kind.

Can you help?

Many thanks

Annette

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena (lenacorwin) | 65 comments Mod
hi annette,
on the joann website, look for the item "sticky back foam sheets". they're a little bit further down on the page.

thanks so much for buying the book!

best, lena

message 6: by Annette (new)

Annette | 2 comments Thank you for that - i have managed to find them!

Your book is lovely - so inspirational.

Annette

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay wrote: "Hi :) It must be just me, but I am having the hardest time finding this foam that you mention in your book. I have searched online and in stores such as Michael's, Utrecht, Pearl, and Pla-za art ..."

I get mine at the Dollar Tree - they have a big multi-colored pack of them (size is around 4.5" X 11"). I'm not sure if it's the exact foam that she used, but they work great and I like having multi-colored stamps, for prettiness sake :-) - LOVE the book!!!