Book Crazy! discussion

Welcome! > What book are you reading now!?!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 58) (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Aria (new)

Aria Ahmer (ViraMage) | 307 comments Mod
Hello all! I just wanted to ask our fellow members what books they are reading now? Anything you would suggest reading? Genre? Liking it so far? Why so? :) Just tell us!

I am reading well a few books at the present time, but haven't gotten to them in awhile. The Ranger's Apprentice Ruins of Gorlan, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :)all are fantasy, adventure, and action :) I think so far the first two books are okay and I haven't really gotten into Harry Potter Chamber of secrets enough to tell you if I like it or not xD :)

message 2: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (last edited Dec 10, 2012 10:44AM) (new)

Marissa (CrazyBookLover97) | 380 comments Mod
Aria N. wrote: "Hello all! I just wanted to ask our fellow members what books they are reading now? Anything you would suggest reading? Genre? Liking it so far? Why so? :) Just tell us!

I am reading well a few bo..."

I'm rereading Heroes Of Olympus : The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan! :D Its really good! :D I just got The Mark Of Athena which is the third book in the series so I decided to reread The Lost Hero and The Son Of Neptune so I would remember everything <3 :D Also I really hope you're diggin' PJ Aria! :D

message 3: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Reading all things Melina Marchetta

message 4: by Aria (new)

Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Hello all! I just wanted to ask our fellow members what books they are reading now? Anything you would suggest reading? Genre? Liking it so far? Why so? :) Just tell us!

I am readi..."

Havent finished PJ yet xD havent had time D:

message 5: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Reading all things Melina Marchetta"

Havent read it before :3 Looks interesting though! :D"

Well, she's an author, so...

message 6: by Aria (new)

Lo wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Reading all things Melina Marchetta"

Well, she's an author, so..."

xD sorry i meant HER stories seem interesting xDD Silly meh :P was thinking of something to say but i guess my mind wandered off

message 7: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Aria N. wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Hello all! I just wanted to ask our fellow members what books they are reading now? Anything you would suggest reading? Genre? Liking it so far? Why so? :) Just tell..."

Aye! Well when you get around to it I hope you love it! :D

message 8: by Aria (new)

Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Hello all! I just wanted to ask our fellow members what books they are reading now? Anything you would suggest reading? Genre? Liking it so far? Why ..."
Me too! xD :D

message 9: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Reading all things Melina Marchetta"

xD sorry i meant HER stories seem ..."

Haha nice, I do that all the time.

message 10: by Aria (last edited Oct 26, 2012 01:36PM) (new)

Lo wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Reading all things Melina Marchetta"

xD sorry i meant H..."

same xD I always look so clueless then xD

message 11: by Nightraine (new)

Nightraine | 6 comments The Hungar Games by Suzanne Collins. I am about 1/2 into the book and it seems to be a good and interesting story.

message 12: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Just finished DJ Rising by Love Maia

message 13: by Aria (new)

Nightraine wrote: "The Hungar Games by Suzanne Collins. I am about 1/2 into the book and it seems to be a good and interesting story."

You will adore them :) I know I did!

message 14: by Aria (new)

Lo wrote: "Just finished DJ Rising by Love Maia"

Oh i havent heard of that one :D

message 15: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Lo wrote: "Just finished DJ Rising by Love Maia"

I havent heard of it either :)

message 16: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Aria N. wrote: "Nightraine wrote: "The Hungar Games by Suzanne Collins. I am about 1/2 into the book and it seems to be a good and interesting story."

You will adore them :) I know I did!"

Like Aria said its a very great series! I love them :)

message 17: by Aria (new)

Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Nightraine wrote: "The Hungar Games by Suzanne Collins. I am about 1/2 into the book and it seems to be a good and interesting story."

You will adore them :) I know I did!"

Like A..."

Yeah! :D And maybe I can get back to reading Percy Jackson after im done with Animal Farm :3 reading it for school :3 short book so :D I also got back into writing after my long break :D so i guess after animal farm i can squeeze in time for reading too! :D

message 18: by Lo (new)

message 19: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Aria N. wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Nightraine wrote: "The Hungar Games by Suzanne Collins. I am about 1/2 into the book and it seems to be a good and interesting story."

You will adore them :) I know..."

YAY! PJ <3 :D

message 20: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Lo wrote: "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson"

I've never heard of it. Is it good? :)

message 21: by Aria (new)

Lo wrote: "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson"
Havent heard of it either :3 It looks like a love story xD I dont really read those :3

message 22: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson"
Havent heard of it either :3 It looks like a love story xD I dont really read those :3"

I do XD

message 23: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson"
Havent heard of it either :3 It looks like a love story xD I dont really read those :3"

Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson"

I do XD"

I know--the cover, right?! But there's actually almost no romance, besides a little that every YA book has

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Kinnard (SEZAK) | 4 comments Gabriel's Rapture

Ive read them both twice so far !!!! :)

message 25: by Aria (new)

Lo wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Lo wrote: "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson"

Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "..."

Well cant judge a book by its cover :) Im pretty sure its a great story :D

message 26: by Aria (new)

Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

Ive read them both twice so far !!!! :)"

Dont think ive heard of that :) There are lots of novels out there that arent so popular. Its good to see that some people appreciate them :D

message 27: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Aria N. wrote: "Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

Dont think ive heard of that :) There are lots of novels out there that arent so popular. Its good to see that some p..."

I totally agree! :)

message 28: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

Dont think ive heard of that :) There are lots of novels out there that arent so popular. Its good to..."

So true =)

message 29: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

I havent heard of it! It is good? :)

message 30: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Lo wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

Dont think ive heard of that :) There are lots of novels out there that arent so popu..."

Yeah! :) How's your book Amy And Roger's Epic Detour? :)

message 31: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Marissa wrote: "Lo wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

Dont think ive heard of that :) There are lots of novels out there that ar..."

Oh yeah I finished! It was pretty decent--ending was a little weird but everything else was good =)

message 32: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Now I'm reading Bluefish by Pat Schmatz

message 33: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Lo wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Lo wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Sarah Jane wrote: "Gabriel's Rapture

Dont think ive heard of that :) There are lots of novels o..."

Thats good! :)

message 34: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Lo wrote: "Now I'm reading Bluefish by Pat Schmatz"

I clicked it and read the description. It sounded like it could be cool :)

message 35: by Aria (new)

Lo wrote: "Now I'm reading Bluefish by Pat Schmatz"

Ive heard of it but never read it D: is it good?

message 36: by Bian (new)

message 37: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (last edited Dec 07, 2012 02:03PM) (new)

Bianca wrote: "Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2) by Jasper FfordeThe End of Mr. Y by Scarlett ThomasGunslinger Girl, Vol. 13 by Yu Aida"

Is it good? :) I havent read any of them

message 38: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments I promised myself to finish The Casual Vacancy.

message 39: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Lo♪ wrote: "I promised myself to finish The Casual Vacancy."

Why havent you finished it? Is it not your favorite book from J.K. Rowling?

message 40: by Aria (new)

Lo♪ wrote: "I promised myself to finish The Casual Vacancy."

Well The Casual Vacancy isnt harry potter xD Its a book for adults so :) Ive seen it everywhere but I dont know what its truly about :\ ill have to look into it :)

message 41: by Lo (new)

message 42: by Bian (last edited Dec 10, 2012 11:12AM) (new)

Bian | 2 comments Marissa wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2) by Jasper FfordeThe End of Mr. Y by Scarlett ThomasGunslinger Girl, Vol. 13 by Yu Aida"

Is it good? :) I havent read any of them"

Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2) by Jasper Fforde is good so far. It is the second book in the Thursday Next series.
Finished The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas and did not enjoy it but you may perhaps enjoy it. Gunslinger Girl, Vol. 13 by Yu Aida was pretty decent. The series has it its moments.

I have started Snow White and the Seven Samurai by Tom Holt and its proving to be an amusing read so far.

message 43: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Bianca wrote: "Marissa wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2) by Jasper FfordeThe End of Mr. Y by Scarlett ThomasGunslinger Girl, Vol. 13 by Yu Aida"

Is it good? :) I havent read any of them"

..."

Well you can't find a book you totally love everytime :) And I dont think so about the "The End Of Mr. Y" book. I read the bio and it seemed a little old for me. I'm glad you enjoyed the two others though and I love funny books :)

message 44: by Vikrant (last edited Jan 14, 2013 10:59PM) (new)

Vikrant | 1 comments I recently read Stranger's Paradox. This a 55 page novel but trust me this is not a simple novel to decode. The language maybe simple and the novel maybe experimental but the theme is explosive.If you love to analyze and solve a mystery this is the novel.For those willing to exercise their logical skills just try it. You cannot solve the mystery as the crucial info is missing and the trial and error method is useless in such scenario. The book is available at Smashwords and Kobo for marginal price.

message 45: by Aria (new)

Vikrant wrote: "I recently read Stranger's Paradox. This a 55 page novel but trust me this is not a simple novel to decode. The language maybe simple and the novel maybe experimental but the theme is explosive.If ..."

That sounds really interesting! :Dd And its just 55 pages hmm

message 46: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 12 comments Nothing really right now. Started Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin today because I was bored and it was the only book my friend had. Not really planning on finishing, not a fan of dystopia.

message 47: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Right now i'm readling The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) by Franklin W. Dixon by Franklin W. Dixon! I love The Hardy Boys books :D

message 48: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam I am currently reading Warrior Princess (Warrior Princess, #1) by Allan Frewin Jones. I read it quite awhile ago and really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping I like it again.

message 49: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Madelaine wrote: "I am currently reading Warrior Princess (Warrior Princess, #1) by Allan Frewin Jones. I read it quite awhile ago and really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping I like it again."

That looks interesting but I've never read it!

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) I'm currently reading Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I love travel so this is definitely the book for me!

(Plus, the title reminds me of One More Day from Les Miserables)

« previous 1