Writing Passionates discussion

Read my Story/Story Help > Story Ideas with no problem

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
STORY IDEAS ALERT: Dreige (pronounced Drayje) is a lab guinypig (sp?), along with some other teenagers. They are constantly monitored by a group of ppl (yeah . . . ideas?) and are getting tested constantly. The tests are vigourous and horrible, but what can they do about it? Thats about it . . . Idk i just got it from the xbox game Portal: Still Alive . . .

And the other: The Sencors' began right at the brink of the earths creation. Their faces are featureless, no eyes, mouth or nose. They sense everything through their hands. They took over the humans around the industrial evolution. And thats basically it . . . >< so lame

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Well, what's the issue? That you need a plot to go with your setting and characters?

message 3: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
the first one sounds like maximum ride, kinda ... and it also reminds me of this thing i wrote once, which basically had the same plot, except it turned out that the ppl running the experiments weren't actually ppl but giant rats who were mutated in some lab experiment and decided to get revenge on humanity ... >.< yeah, i know. i was in a really weird mood when i wrote it. lol. but anyway, sounds like it could be an exciting story.

the second one sounds interesting ... but why the industrial revolution (it's REVOLUTION and not EVOLUTION, btw)?

message 4: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

omg i did not mean to put evolution . . . and its the industrial revolution because . . . i wanted it to be before modern time (the story actually takes place in the early/late 24th century)

and for the first one . . . its really nothing like maximum ride at all. its like robot computers that are watching them(idk)and . . . they are just normal humans who are put through a series of tests for some reason . . . ugh idk

paige thats why i said "with no problems". i have the world i just need the twist

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

okay ... well, the industrial revolution is interesting, but i'm not sure it would make such a good setting for a sci-fi story. i would choose something creepier, like the black plague or something. idk.

and the first one sounds like a good premise. but i think it would have to be developed really well in order to work -- wait, that's true for any story. what i mean is, it would need more of a plot. you see what i'm saying? idk. i'll let u know if i have any ideas for you.

message 6: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

i know what you are saying . . . ijdk . . .

well the second story is set up in the future (like i said) its just taht the sensors revealed themselves in the industrial revolutoin . . . idk why.

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i don't think the industrial revolution is creepy enough.

message 8: by Brigid ✩ (new)

... except for the kids getting mangled by machinery. now THAT is just depressing. *shudder*

message 9: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

well, basically one nameless sensor decides to show himself to the world. then they realize that the humans are scared of them, so they all come out.

message 10: by Brigid ✩ (new)

so maybe it is creepy enough. idk. depends on what aspect you exaggerate.

message 11: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

hmmm . . . well i have always considered it a brink in mechanical inventions . . . but idk.

message 12: by Brigid ✩ (new)

okay ...

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Okay, so the plot for the first one is obvious. They want to escape/overthrow their captors.

The second one is more subtle, but I think more interesting of an idea. Maybe, the plot is that there is like, a colony of people still out there and they're trying to overthrow the Sencors and then they find out that the Sencors can turn THEM into Sencors. IDK Sorry... Cool ideas though!

message 14: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments How do you pronounce "Sencors"? I've been wondering.

message 15: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

oh i changed it to Sensors when i started writing it. and its Sen-sores haha

and paige, i like the second one better too. haha. so thats kinda what i was thinking. that there is this "rebellion" going on, and the main character gets into it . . . i am thinking about naming her Dreige too because i like that name so much

message 16: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Oh, don't do that! There are plenty of cool names out there, don't use the same one twice.

message 17: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments huh....

message 18: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

but i really like Dreige . . . >< the ppl aren't even allowed to have names anyways. but she writes in her notebook all the time and made up her name there. . . i just dk what it is yet :D

message 19: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
That's really cool!! I like the second idea better because it sounds more exciting, and it's more unique and original than the first one. And you'll probably be able to do more with the second idea than with the first one.

message 20: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Yeah, same . . .