UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Pete Sortwell

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker here. Apart from my Novel, 'So Low, So High' Which will be published next year (more about that later) I have also written a comedy book.

'The Village Idiot Reviews' has been out on Amazon for 3 weeks now and seems to have done OK. It's been bouncing about in the top 100 of the humour charts and is second only to one or two 50 shades parodies in that chart too. Boy, that shed is a touch shed to shift! TVIR has got 6 lovely 5 star reviews most of which describe it as hilarious. Which is good for me as I was laughing writing it and if no one else found it funny, I'd be a mad man wouldn't i? Which I'm not. I'm normal. Honest.

The novel thing about the book is that it's written entirely in the form of product reviews for items that at the time of writing were all live on Amazon.

Characters include Brian, who is seeking love in all the wrong places and who is not so good at looking after chickens, or playing tennis for that matter. Father Frederick, who has a need to impress his boss, Bishop Desmond and Denny, the little swine from the local children's home who will get into any trouble he can think of.

Here is the link to the book. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Village-Revie...

I'm in the process of setting up a website and a blog, once it's done though I'll post it up.

Hope to speak to some of you guys soon.

All the Best,

Pete

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61366 comments Hiya Pete!

Welcome to your author thread!

message 3: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments Thanks, Patti! :)

I've only just got my head around posting here. I'll spend some time getting to know the place.

Pete

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61366 comments Just shout if you need any help, okay? :)

message 5: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments Will do, my friend! :)

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Wombat (wombat37) I'm new here too, Pete. Bewildering at first, isn't it?

message 7: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments It is a little Michael. I'm used to different style forums. I'm sure Ill get the hang of it though. :) Nice to meet you, though.

message 8: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments Patti, how to I add my book? I couldn't find it when i searched above.

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9428 comments Interesting Idea. See you got hit by the 1-star moron though :(

message 10: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments I did, yeah, Tim. It's ok as I was saying to someone on Twitter. You're no one until somebody kills you :)

I did think about replying to him from The Village Idiot's account and offering to take him swimming to make up for him not finding me funny.

I was glad he wrote that is wasn't offensive though. Not sure why he added it but that's ok.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Wombat (wombat37) Realistically, we have to accept that not everyone is going to "get" us. It'd be nice if they kept their opinions to themselves, though.

message 12: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments I agree Micheal. Someone on another forum took things the wrong way with the book, wildly. I know not everyone is going to enjoy my humour. That's ok. Maybe it will motivate someone to read the sample and see for themselves.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61366 comments Sorry Pete. I'm overseas, so I just saw your question as I was in bed.

Ask for help adding your book in the Morning! thread and one of our lovely librarians will help you.

message 14: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments No worries, Patti.

I'll head over there now :)

message 15: by Pete (new)

Pete Sortwell (pete_sortwell) | 20 comments Almost finished The office Idiot Reviews :)

The paperback of the village idiot reviews is also nearly ready. Brace yourselves.