Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Shayne McClendon
This topic is about Shayne McClendon
Policies & Practices > Two different author names, same person

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saritz) | 157 comments Ok. I just discovered an author named Shayne McClendon and her author's page is here but it seems like she published two books under this name, Shayne M and these two books were published again this time using her full name. The ASIN were the same and even the cover photo but the release date were different. So what should I do about this?

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Add the name originally published under as the primary author name on all editions, then add the new name as a secondary author for the editions published under that name. That will allow you to combine the editions across the name change.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saritz) | 157 comments I'm sorry but I'm confused. Can you please rephrase it? :)

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 7019 comments The primary author name for the books should be the name they where originally published under for all editions including the two new ones published under the different name.

Then add the new name in the secondary author position. THis allows the books to be combined and reviews collated.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (beachgal12) | 11 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm sorry but I'm confused. Can you please rephrase it? :)"

Paula wrote: "The primary author name for the books should be the name they where originally published under for all editions including the two new ones published under the different name.

Then add the new nam..."
If you are in doubt as to which author's name use is primary, consult resources such as publisher's web site and also good info found on Library of Congress web site (to name a few). @ Sarah, please re-post if you still need further clarification. Also good if you can to post back here when/if you have seen successful. 'We' tend to just post back to the thread 'Done' as example of how to make certain others trying to help you can assist to the fullest but not spend time on issues that have been resolved.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saritz) | 157 comments Well, Paula got the job done. Thanks! Consider this issue resolved.