The Next Best Book Club discussion

Other Novels To Discuss > Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read the 2 books in this series but never the 3rd! This is a series about a boy who goes through an embarrassing but cool middle school year!Have you read it? If you have not, I suggest reading it!

If you have read it, write what you think about this series!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) My 8 year old son devoured the first two books from his school library and we are 10th in line in the waiting list at the public library to read the 3rd book. I didn't read it, but for a boy that wasn't really into reading he just loved them and reread one of them twice. I didn't read them.

message 3: by Christi (new)

Christi | 35 comments We have all 3 Wimpy Kid books. I volunteer every year at the Scholastic Book Fair at my kid's school. I have a 7 yr old and 8 and a half year old. I suggest buying the 3rd book because it is actually a do it yourself journal type book that the kid's write in.Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book [image error]

message 4: by Christi (new)

Christi | 35 comments Woops I forgot to say it is because I volunteer I was able to grab the 3rd one while I set up. They fly off the shelf and we always run out. The kids totally love them.

message 6: by Christi (new)

Christi | 35 comments ahh the green 1 just came out in January I'll have to get that 1. I did the fair in December but the 3rd one is a journal.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9634 comments Mod
I have to run out soon and get the third (not counting the journal as an acutal book)

My kids loved this series!!!!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Lori wrote: "I have to run out soon and get the third (not counting the journal as an acutal book)

My kids loved this series!!!!"

My son's read the blue and the red ones, and we're in the library's waiting list for the green one.

message 9: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T My son has three of the four (didn't want Do It Your Self book)has read the three. He really enjoyed this series. Another series my son loves to read is "Dragon Drive." He has read all 12 and is currently waiting for 13 to come out in April.

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz (HisSheep) I've recently picked up this book on CD from my library. Really not quite sure where I heard the title but that's what struck my interest ... will listen after "The Guernsey Literary Society ... " ( or something like that, LOL. ;o)

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9634 comments Mod
Liz, a huge part of the book is just looking at the pictures/drawings. I would think that by just listening to it, you might be missing out on 1/2 the fun!

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz (HisSheep) Lori wrote: "Liz, a huge part of the book is just looking at the pictures/drawings. I would think that by just listening to it, you might be missing out on 1/2 the fun!"

Well then, I'll simply put the book on reserve too! But thanks for the warning, Lori. ;o)

message 13: by Angie (new)

Angie | 114 comments I just received an order of books, which included the entire Wimpy Kid series, for my library. I picked up the third book and quickly browsed through it. There was a bit in there about Shel Silverstein that made me crack up big time. I don't think a book for children has ever made me laugh so hard. I decided then and there that I have to read the series. Funny stuff.