Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > New Member and New Read!!

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments Hi! I'm new to the group and to Goodreads. I was beyond excited to find a home in this group. As an author, it has been suprisingly difficult to find others who enjoy the niche of clean reads that do not fall into the Christian category which is where my new novel falls.

Unfortunately, I could not add it to the bookshelf because I did not have access to do that, so I'll post the information here (hope that's okay!)

Is Love Enough -
Love is a powerful thing; but, sometimes, love isn't enough. At least, that's what Rebekah Thomas believes. In her younger, more naive days, Rebekah thought love could conquer all; that was before the death of her husband, and high school sweetheart. Now she believes life is easier without it.

Ever the romantic at heart, a failed marriage and cinema glitter is not enough to stop famous actor Jason Taylor from believing the right woman for him is out there somewhere. Tired of his undeserved playboy reputation, he unexpectedly finds the forever kind of love miles away, with a small town teacher.

Rebekah and Jason could bridge their different worlds together, but this sweet and compassionate teacher has trouble letting him in. Just as she is convinced they could have a chance, one moment threatens to destroy everything they have built. Can Rebekah finally see the truth - that sometimes, love is all you need?

message 2: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Marisa wrote: "Unfortunately, I could not add it to the bookshelf because I did not have access to do that, so I'll post the information here (hope that's okay!)"

What do you mean you didn't have access to the group bookshelf? Goodreads wouldn't let you, or are you using some type of mobile device that prevented it?

And yes, it's perfectly fine to introduce your book as you introduce yourself. No worries there. :O)

Welcome to the group and Goodreads!

message 3: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments

What do you mean you didn't have access..."

I could access the bookshelf, but the link to add a book is greyed out so I could not add it.

Thanks for the welcome!

message 4: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

You mean the search box and the words are gray? They are for me too, but that's how they always are. Did a little cursor appear when you clicked in the box? If not, I have no idea why. All group members are supposed to be able to add books to the shelf. :O(

message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments Did a little cursor appear when you clicked in the box? If not, I have no idea why. All group me..."

Well look at that :) Apparently, I'm a little more technologically behind today!!

Thanks, Jaimey.

message 6: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Oh, I'm so glad it worked! I was afraid I'd have to yell at Goodreads and I really hate confrontations. ;O)

message 7: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome to our group, Marisa! I'm glad you and Jaimey figured out how to add your book. :-)

message 8: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Hi, Marisa!

message 9: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments Joyce wrote: "Welcome to our group, Marisa! I'm glad you and Jaimey figured out how to add your book. :-)"

Thank you, Joyce! And...me too. She was a great help.

message 10: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments Ginger wrote: "Hi, Marisa!"

Hi, Ginger. Next to meet you!

message 11: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Yes you are! (Sorry, I couldn't resist the typo! Feel free to poke back!)

message 12: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments Ha! That's okay. I'm notorious for my brain moving waaaay faster than my mouth (or fingers in this case). My mom is always getting onto me for crazy statements in text messages. I just told her to use her context clues! :)

message 13: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments ha-HA! I think you and I could get into a LOT of trouble together!

message 14: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (Marisa_Adams) | 36 comments LOL!! Works for me, Ginger!