Writer's Advice discussion

Open House (Cove Castle Comedy, Book 1)
This topic is about Open House
General > How I wrote my novel - from start to finish

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 6 comments I've always held the belief that a great way to learn how experts succeed at something is to 'shadow' them and observe exactly how they do it. This got me thinking that writers could benefit from following a novel's progress from the germ of an idea to the finished article. Writers of all abilities could study how the novel was constructed piece by piece, how it was altered along the way, how it began to assume a life of its own, and how it eventually ended up as a tangible object for people to enjoy.
Please visit my blog to see how I did. How does it compare with your method?
http://theindietribe.wordpress.com/20...

message 2: by SteinFussel (new)

SteinFussel | 58 comments Mod
Hey Charlie, thank you for sharing your insight with us. I am looking forward to what else is about to come there :)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 6 comments Thank you, Stein

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 2 comments I just wanted to add that I'm so excited this year for NaNoWriMo 2012! This will be my third year, but I hope to win this year. I'm currently out of work due to medical reasons, so I'm really going to glue my butt to the chair and get my 1880's female amateur sleuth mystery story finished!

message 5: by SteinFussel (new)

That sounds like a perfect plan for your time, Lynda! :D I wish you all the best for winning, but for unknowing people like me... what is NaNoWriMo? Rock the paper and win! :)

message 6: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 2 comments NaNoWriMo stands for: National Novel Writing Month.
An annual world wide event from Nov1-30 that challenges writers to write 50,000 words /30 days. They also have Camp NaNo in the summer as well.

message 7: by SteinFussel (new)

thanks for your info Lynda. That sounds really interesting! Is there a webpage for that event? I'd like to read more about it :)