Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Masters Of Taboo (Cannibalism, Digesting The Human Condition)

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) | 13 comments Hello,

I'm a special librarian but not a normal one. Several of our writers have had different pen names and profiles on goodreads so the names I put in, didn't link correctly.

Masters Of Taboo (Cannibalism, Digesting The Human Condition) The Definitive International Cannibal Collective

The writer MJ Hyman writes by MJ Hyman but his profile on Goodreads is this link... http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

His profile is a mess actually. None of his books have the UPC code on them so when you look it up in Barnes and noble and such, they don't show. I think he uploaded the books himself without putting the UPC code in them and that duplicated all of his books.

This has created multiple pages of all of his books and seperate author pages and none of them linked up correctly

If I was a librarian, I could fix it but I'm special. LOL

Another writer on The Masters Of Tabbo: Cannibalism is Hart Fisher. He is about to claim his goodreads author page in a couple of days. It is under Hart D. Fisher. I tried to delete Hart Fisher and put in Hart D. Fisher on the book page but it won't let me. If you could link this his name to his profile page ... http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Or change Hart Fisher to Hard D. Fisher on the masters book page, it would and should link up without any extra work.

LOL I'm sorry for all of this. A lot of new authors are coming on board and I don't think they understand a lot of how to do this... case in point... ONE LAST ONE. LOL

Destiny West. She is an author in the Masters of Taboo with a couple of other books but does not know how to submit her author page and merge it with her profile. Here profile is this... http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/69...

And her author page is this... http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

If you could merge these as well, that would be perfect.

I am so sorry for this, I hope this isn't a problem. Mitchell J. Hyman is probably the worst since all of his books are doubled, He used different names, M.J. Hyman, Mitchell J. Hyman and his books can't be bought or his nomral profile can't be found when you find the actual book since their not linked.

I will be helping Mitch with whatever you can't fix tomorrow.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Stephen Biro

message 2: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments Hi Stephen,

I can at least help you with the last question. Destiny West can go to her author page, and at the very bottom you see the text:

Is this you? Let us know. If not, help out and invite Destiny to Goodreads.

She just needs to click that "let us know" while logged in with her personal profile to claim her author profile.

message 3: by Traveling Diva (last edited Oct 19, 2012 01:06AM) (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments Update: I have tried to fix the books for Mitchell J Hyman. On some of his books, this is the name shown. On others it is M.J. Hyman. When I try to add this as the author, I cannot (in addition to his full name so it appears on his profile).

I also could not edit the author list on the Masters of Taboo collection, but since he is not listed on the cover as M.J. Hyman it would be good to change it to his Mitchell J Hyman profile instead.

Last edit: OK I managed to fix the contributor list, so both Hart D. Fisher and Mitchell J. Hyman have their appropriate profiles linked.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) | 13 comments thank you so much! Yeah, there linked now. Destiny will just have to just hit the link IS THIS YOU? LOL She has a profile, i'm just finding a lot of authors are a little confused and lost and not on the bal so to speak.

Thank you, I will work with Mitch and Destiny to finish what they need to. I think Mitch has one version of Masters that is a duplicate, no usbn number and uploaded himself which we can hopefully delete on his end.

Best,

Stephen

message 5: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) | 13 comments sorry about the writing... on a phone. lol

message 6: by Traveling Diva (last edited Oct 19, 2012 02:01AM) (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments Actually someone has added it to their shelf but I will merge that edition with the ISBN edition...

Edit: Done :)

message 7: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) | 13 comments Thank you so much. LOL I've brought a lot of wrtters here and even though, they have had profiles, still confused. I think once it's all settled, I HOPE... it will be easier for them from now on.

Stephen

message 8: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Hyman (BubbaWolf) | 3 comments Thanks Steve!