Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > combining authors - question re browsers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Hi All,

this MUST be my imagination, but I've usually used Safari to access Goodreads. Recently, I've been using Firefox more. Anyway, I've had cause in the last couple of days to combine books/authors' lists of books that I swear I already combined. I suspect I'm wrong. But, my question is: is it at all possible that either: the books combined in one browser don't get combined in another (I know, that sounds silly to me also!) or could the books separate because of Amazon or another action? These are not books that another librarian would have separated. Sorry, no examples as there were a lot. If it happens again, I will try to keep a list of examples. Thanks.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41470 comments Mod
I don't think it's a browser issue. I only use Firefox, and I've seen combinations that don't "stick" the first time -- never figured out why. It could be "new" editions getting added by Amazon or other sources, I guess.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Ok, Thanks Rivka. Just reassuring to hear I'm not the only one who's experienced this. Rather be a bit aggravated than crazy. ☺

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Well, the other option is that we're both crazy. ;)

How did you make that smilie?

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Type :-) into my MS Word and it becomes a ☺which transfers as a ☺ when I copy and paste it to a post here at Goodreads. ☺ :-)

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Your version of Word must be magic. Mine also turns into a ☺, but it's slightly larger. And when I paste it here, it turns into a  . :(

message 7: by Otis, Chief Architect (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Glad to see you guys are having fun with the html entity codes :)

Lisa I don't think there is any way its your browser, because any browser will just show the state of things in our database.

Fyi, we might have a change coming soon which may help with this kind of thing (change logs:)