Once Upon a Time (TV Show) discussion

Characters > Captain Hook

Comments (showing 1-50 of 54) (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katerina (last edited Oct 15, 2012 03:25PM) (new)

Katerina (Klymene) | 214 comments Mod
Yes.... YESSS.

So. Someone had the theory on facebook that Hook is... Henry's father. Possible, right? And Henry's bound to be apart of some fairy tale... Right? theoretically? And remember, Emma said Henry really doesn't want to know who his real father (not the firefighter) is.

description

message 2: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Siareen | 144 comments Mod
We have to see where Hook comes in. Was he in Storybrook or not?

message 3: by Katerina (new)

I didn't see him. I really want to know who Whale is right now.... Gah.

message 4: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments Nah, Emma would recognize him. He would also know how to get to their world and not need them. He only knows how to get to Neverland. Anyways... Hubba hubba... wow that man is pretty.

message 5: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Why would Emma recognize him?
Apart from the fact that all of Storybrook has read the fairy tales, probably more than Emma has considering her childhood, he doesn't exactly look like the stereotypical Hook, ya know?

message 6: by Katerina (new)

He was never in Storybrooke. Remember? He was left behind. Otherwise... Rumple would be dead already. And the show over.

For that matter, the show's finale will be absolutely epic.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Klymene wrote: "Yes.... YESSS.

So. Someone had the theory on facebook that Hook is... Henry's father. Possible, right? And Henry's bound to be apart of some fairy tale... Right? theoretically? And remember, Emma ..."

Klymene wrote: "I didn't see him. I really want to know who Whale is right now.... Gah."

Whale is Frankenstein right? I can't believe they're bringing Frankenstein into a fairy tale show! At the beginng, for some reason, I felt as though he could be Dr. Oz from the Wizard of Oz (even though Oz was really just a fraud).

Also,
Klymene wrote: So. Someone had the theory on facebook that Hook is... Henry's father. Possible, right? And Henry's bound to be apart of some fairy tale... Right? theoretically? And remember, Emma ..."

I think that's a pretty good theory. That would be pretty cool. Except, Hook wasn't taken to the new land by curse right?

message 8: by Katerina (new)

Oh, Henry's father is Bae, as seen in the Canadian version of the OUAT trailer for Tallahassee.

message 9: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments HA HA! Knew it.

message 10: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments They have a trailer out? I need to see this too.

message 11: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

So, Hook has now officially moved up to one of my top three characters. He was epically awesome in Tallahassee :)

message 12: by Katerina (new)

Yes. I feel bad for the guy who played the giant. He's a better actor than they portrayed him as. The giant... it was a really shallow character. Just saying.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Siareen wrote: "So, Hook has now officially moved up to one of my top three characters. He was epically awesome in Tallahassee :)"

Ya, I loved Hook too! And I wanted to kick Emma in the shin for leaving him behind. I know that she told the giant to release him after 10 hours (I'm assuming that), but still. She should have said maybe a couple hours or something. I know that Hook really wants to get back to Storybrooke and I honestly don't think he was going to betray Emma. Though now, I don't think he'll think twice about betraying them to Cora if he comes across them again.

message 14: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Why are you assuming ten hours?

message 15: by Katerina (new)

Because Emma said that they had a ten hour head start before Hook came down too. Hook was going to betray Emma, though. He's been in league with Cora all along, because he ends up working against Emma in two episodes.

message 16: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Oh, must have missed that...

Of course he was going to. Emma was smart, and he knows he was bested yet again. It will be interesting to see what happens when they next meet.

message 17: by Katerina (new)

He's really awesome, though. I almost believed him. I almost believed that he wasn't in league with Cora, that all he wanted to do was get revenge for Milah. And then... PSH. He's as crazy as Rumple.

message 18: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Which is probably why I like him so much.

The thing is, i don't know if he WAS in league with Cora. He sort of was very convincing, and there's no reason for him to be as long as he gets what he wants...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

How do we know the Hook was going to betray them? Did I miss something?

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 06, 2012 10:31AM) (new)

Klymene wrote: "Because Emma said that they had a ten hour head start before Hook came down too. Hook was going to betray Emma, though. He's been in league with Cora all along, because he ends up working against E..."

Which two episodes? I know the one where Hook does the ocean whirlpool thing, but that was before he met Emma in the present-day fairy tale world right?

message 21: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

We don't know, we're just supposed to sort of assume. Personally, i don't really know what to think... He could be going either way.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Alright, good.
Like I said before, I don't think Hook would be trying to betray Emma. I mean he is a pirate, and pirates aren't generally known for their loyalty, instead they make deals (which they honor). So unless Cora offered him something else along with a passage to Storybrooke (we don't know of anything yet), it wouldn't matter whether he went with Emma or with Cora because he would still get what he wanted...to get to Rumple.

message 23: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments I agree with Emma's decision although I am a big fan of Hook. You have to read in between the lines and look at inconsistencies. One, Hook said to the four that he wanted to go over with them because they were a safer lot then Cora. So he knows just how dangerous Cora can be and wouldn't want to get on her bad side. Two, when they got to the bean stalk why wasn't Cora there to fight him for the wrist bands. It seems a little too easy to me. With Hook everything is going uncommonly smooth. Three, he was fishing for information and trust from Emma albeit, through flirting. The first thing he told them was that he was suppose to get close to them to gather information about Storybrooke. Four, he wasn't in a rush when looking for the compass... Does he know something that they don't? If this was his only way to get to Rumple wouldn't the sense of urgency be more prevalent? Or was he also there to delay them?

message 24: by Katerina (new)

Hm. I've been reading alot from the OUAT wikia page, which is how I know the teams become Hook and Cora Vs. Mulan, Emma, Snow, and Aurora.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 07, 2012 12:12PM) (new)

Hook becomes bad? Noooo!

Oh, and was it just me? He reminded me more of Jack Sparrow than of the Hook from Peter Pan.

message 26: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments Yeah he definitely has more of his characteristics... just less inebriated... When I checked Wiki it said that Cora, Emma, Mulan, Snow and Aurora are his allies. The Giant and Rumple are his enemies.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought the Giant was told to free Hook after 10 hours.

message 28: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments I think that something happens between the both of them.

message 29: by Katerina (new)

Doesn't the girl on the cover of this book look like Milah? http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Klymene wrote: "Doesn't the girl on the cover of this book look like Milah? http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60..."

Oh my god, she does!

message 31: by Keira (new)

Keira Rush (ArtsyKR) | 55 comments I wonder if its the same actress.

message 32: by Katerina (new)

What else could there be about Hook? I feel like everything there is to know about him is out there... unless he has some scars from his child hood?

message 33: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Smith (foreverShadowhunter) | 14 comments I think he's cute even though he's the bad guy

message 34: by Katerina (new)

Always. He's always cute

message 35: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Um, he is soooooo way beyond cute....

message 36: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Smith (foreverShadowhunter) | 14 comments Neil's pretty cute too but before I know about him I really thought hook and Emma looked cute together

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited May 13, 2013 01:51PM) (new)

Hook is one of my favorite characters along with emma,and i think that hook and emma should end up together :)

message 38: by Katerina (new)

Okay, okay, Sia. He's smexy :D

message 39: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

And he wears eyeliner :P

message 40: by Katerina (new)

Oooo. But he's even smexier without eyeliner. Seriously guys. Look him up

message 41: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Post a picture?

message 42: by Katerina (last edited May 27, 2013 07:55PM) (new)

description

message 43: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Yup. Better without the eyeliner. But he's stuck with it anyway :(

But come on, we all know that the real reason Hook is in this show is because sexy pirates are a currant fad...

message 44: by Katerina (new)

I, for one, don't have anything against that.....

message 45: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) There's definitely nothing wrong with that ;)

Although I dislike how hen was a blatant love interest for Emma. It annoyed me...

message 46: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Except for the fact that Captain Hook is an amazingly complex character, and here he's just hot and sexy...

message 47: by Katerina (new)

The thing is... As far as I see, hook has no alliances with anyone. He has only minimal honor... If it ever came down to his life and someone else's in the group... say, for instance... David's, he wouldn't think twice before saving his own life.

message 48: by Siareen, Awww, thank you Klyme! How long did I not notice? (new)

Wonderful. He's a slimy pirate, yes. But he's not Captain Hook, who was so jealous of Peter Pan, of Peter Pan's youth, of how he won every time and everyone liked him even though he didn't have 'good form'. He hated being mocked, he was proud, and he was many other things I don't even remember, because I read the book a while ago.
OUAT's Hook makes a great pirate, Jonny Depp style. But he doesn't do his real character any justice.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

message 50: by Rikki (new)

Rikki Chadwick | 32 comments How does he know how to use a gun???

« previous 1