Q & A with Karen Amanda Hooper discussion

Taking Back Forever (The Kindrily, #2)
This topic is about Taking Back Forever
Books > TAKING BACK FOREVER (book 2 of The Kindrily Series)

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen (KarenHooper) | 43 comments Mod
I know you've got questions. I may or may not give you answers.
Muhawahahahaha.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) I CANNOT WAIT FORE THIS!
When is this set to release?

Catarina | 4 comments Will it still be in Maryah and Nathan's POV?

Brooke, Thanks! I'm hoping to release it sometime in the first half of 2012. Hopefully I will have ARCs and review copies by March (?)

Catarina, nope, Maryah is still a POV but the other POV will be a different character.

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura How much of the book have you written so far? Also do you have any teasers for us? :)

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) Karen wrote: "Brooke, Thanks! I'm hoping to release it sometime in the first half of 2012. Hopefully I will have ARCs and review copies by March (?)

Catarina, nope, Maryah is still a POV but the other POV will ..."

I CANNOT WAIT!!! LOL! I'm such a fangirl for your stuff!

Laura, oddly enough, I wrote about 40k words for book 2 years ago, and I've written another 10k or so in the last year) whenever I thought of a random scene or detail to add. So a good majority of it has already been laid out. There's a teaser at the end of GAE. Are you saying you want morrrrrrre? ;)

Fun fact: one of the very FIRST scenes I wrote for these characters has somehow ended up at the very end of book 2, and might possibly get bumped to book 3. Funny how that worked out.

Brooke, it's still so surreal for me to hear anyone say they are my fan. But thank you so much! *hugs*

message 9: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Karen wrote: "Laura, oddly enough, I wrote about 40k words for book 2 years ago, and I've written another 10k or so in the last year) whenever I thought of a random scene or detail to add. So a good majority of ..."

We always want more ;)So most of it is written already then? *squeal of excitement* im so excited to read it once it is released.

Now i am realy intrigued to know exactly what it is that you first wrote for the Kindrily characters thats only going to be in book 2 or 3 :) so how exactly did that happen? Did you write the scene just knowing that it had those characters in it but not where in the books it would go?

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) Karen wrote: "Brooke, it's still so surreal for me to hear anyone say they are my fan. But thank you so much! *hugs*"

Well deserved, my friend :) MWAH!

message 11: by Nickle (new) - added it

Nickle Love (nicklelove) | 12 comments I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! Maybe a little, but I AM UBER EXCITED. I love the Kindrily and want to be part of them. This such a great concept.

I don't want to be your fan, I want to be your friend, so I could tell people I have an awesome friend from the US who writes mermaid novels and lovable characters and she met Ariel in real life! But yeah, I'm a fan. * squeals*

Sylvia Will SNOWGLOBES be featured in book 2 ;) hahaha (Brooke and Karen know what I'm talking about) hehehe

message 13: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Zeno (Becca_Zeno54) | 8 comments So you're saying your also having a third book? *Raises eyebrow* When do you think you will end the series? Will it go on for all eternity? (See what I did there ;))

Laura, yes, a good majority of it is already written. It just needs to be greatly improved since I drafted it years ago. As far as that first scene--I didn't even know Nathan and Maryah's names back then. It was the first scene ever written and I knew their faces and their story, but the rest all came together later. At that point I doubted I'd ever be able to write a complete novel. Thankfully, I was wrong.

Nickle, aww, I consider all my readers friends. *hugs* I want to be part of the kindrily too. I seriously don't know if I'll ever be able to stop writing books about them. That is one break up I don't think I'd be able to handle. Lucky for me, they live forever! Which brings me to Becca's question...

Becca, there will def be a third book. I will prob write about the kindrily until my dying day.

Heinzy, yup! The snowglobe scene has been written!

message 15: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Zeno (Becca_Zeno54) | 8 comments Yay! And I will read about your kindrily until my dying day <3

Can't wait to see the whole series! They are gonna be perfect! :0

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) Heinzypop wrote: "Will SNOWGLOBES be featured in book 2 ;) hahaha (Brooke and Karen know what I'm talking about) hehehe"

Karen wrote: "Laura, yes, a good majority of it is already written. It just needs to be greatly improved since I drafted it years ago. As far as that first scene--I didn't even know Nathan and Maryah's names bac..."

NO WAY!! REALLY you did the snowglobe scene!! EEK! I CANNOT WAIT!
She actually did it Sylvia, WOO HOO!

Sylvia EEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK WOOTWOOT that's totally amazing I can't wait to read that scene !!! You're a LEGEND!! :D

message 18: by Nickle (new) - added it

Nickle Love (nicklelove) | 12 comments YAY! KINDRILY Foreveeeer~

Snowglobe!!!! :)
I told you I'd do it. I'm a gal of my word.

Sylvia Karen wrote: "Snowglobe!!!! :)
I told you I'd do it. I'm a gal of my word."

YAY you sure are...it's totally awesome you really are fantastic :)

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) Karen wrote: "Snowglobe!!!! :)
I told you I'd do it. I'm a gal of my word."

EEP!!!!!!

message 22: by Nickle (new) - added it

Nickle Love (nicklelove) | 12 comments Is Harmony the other POV? I'm guessing she's the one in the.. uhm.. y'know. The one for.. ahm. XD

Nickle, I don't knooowwwww. Maaayyybeeee. *winks*

Jen*The Geeky Book Gal* (geekybookgal) | 2 comments Can't wait! The Kindrily is such a heartbreakingly sweet concept. I would love it if it were true in some form in real life...

message 25: by llng (last edited May 25, 2013 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

llng | 7 comments Downloaded the eARC copy last night on my smartphone and finished reading the book early this morning. Consumed the book! Really a good sequel, still alot questions to solve but hopefully the third book would let us in some of them. It's a good balance with all the characters, I like books with many of characters and how one can grow to like almost all of them, not only the main characters. I wrote a short review but nothing in detail since I don't want to spoil the story for others.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) Nickle [NightOwlReads] wrote: "Is Harmony the other POV? I'm guessing she's the one in the.. uhm.. y'know. The one for.. ahm. XD"

Yup :)

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) Ling wrote: "Downloaded the eARC copy last night on my smartphone and finished reading the book early this morning. Consumed the book! Really a good sequel, still alot questions to solve but hopefully the third..."

Wow, that was fast. I haven't finished :( Hopefully by tomorrow. Had so many other blog things to do last night, didn't have time to read :(

message 28: by llng (new) - rated it 4 stars

llng | 7 comments The Cover Contessa wrote: "Wow, that was fast. I haven't finished :( Hopefully by tomorrow. Had so many other blog things to do last night, didn't have time to read :( "

Yeah, haha! I'm so picky with books nowadays so when I find a good novel. I finish it within few hours, max a day. I wanted to rate it 5 star but since it's a series, I tend to want to wait til the end to give the final rating of the whole story. So far the story been really addicting =)

message 29: by llng (new) - rated it 4 stars

llng | 7 comments Ah.. maybe I should have read it slooooow cause now the wait for the next book would seem so LONG!

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (TheCoverContessa) llng wrote: "Ah.. maybe I should have read it slooooow cause now the wait for the next book would seem so LONG!"

LOL! Well, she did say it won't be as long of a wait for book #3, phew!

message 31: by llng (last edited May 27, 2013 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

llng | 7 comments The Cover Contessa wrote: "LOL! Well, she did say it won't be as long of a wait for book #3, phew!"
Yes, I hope so too but the second book is not really released yet and we are already waiting for the third to be finished. I'd better re-read the books before I devour the third book when it's released. ;P

Not sure what to read while waiting..so impatient. Haha.

You gals are beyond awesome. :)
Thanks for all the support and comments. Reading this thread put a huge smile on my face.
*hugs*

Book 3 will HOPEFULLY be out by Christmas. I'll have more details soon!

message 33: by llng (last edited May 28, 2013 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

llng | 7 comments Karen wrote: "You gals are beyond awesome. :)
Thanks for all the support and comments. Reading this thread put a huge smile on my face.
*hugs*

Book 3 will HOPEFULLY be out by Christmas. I'll have more details..."

We'll definitly be there for the third book when you release it. ;)