The Young Adult Book Lovers Association discussion

Book talk > Do you try and finish every book you read, even if you're not enjoying it?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic) | 117 comments Mod
Lately, I try to finish every book I start. I always try and read till the end, wanting to see if It gets better. I'm reading a wish list book called Waves at the moment, by Sharon Dogar. I saw it in a bookshop almost two years ago and I finally got it at the library a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was going to be really good but I'm quite disappointed in it. So if you're reading a book that you're not really enjoying, do you continue reading it or do you put it down, mark it as a DNF and read something else, or do you continue reading?

message 2: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Powrie (LucyTheReader) I'm really bad and normally leave it and move on!
I have a lot of bad book habits!

message 3: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (RebekahC) | 19 comments If it doesn't grip me, I ditch it and try again in a few months. Then again, if it's for a review, I stick at it and see if things change

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) I really try to finish, I've only had to put a book down a few times.

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly Letson (BookaholicHolly) | 3 comments I try really hard to finish every book I start. And, lately, it's been hard to finish a few ( Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Vol. 2 (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, #2) by Kazuki Takahashi, I'm looking at you!).