Bookworms Unite! discussion

Chat > Updates

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
If there are any updates with your reading or personal life that you'd like to share with everyone, you can do that here.

message 2: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 1195 comments Mod
Hey, this is an interesting idea, Holly.

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Dustin wrote: "Hey, this is an interesting idea, Holly."

Thanks Dustin. I thought this would be a good way for members to share things as well as get to know people.

message 4: by Dustin (new)

You're welcome! Awesome idea.

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Hehe; thanks again.

message 6: by Dustin (new)

Holly wrote: "Hehe; thanks again."

:)

message 7: by Holly (last edited Oct 11, 2012 12:05PM) (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
As far as my reading goes, I can't wait to dive into all of my upcoming buddy reads.
On a personal note, I can't believe that my daughter's birthday is almost here already! My, how time does fly!

message 8: by Dustin (new)

Is it the 26 or 28th?

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
It's the 26th.

message 10: by Dustin (new)

Okay. I felt pretty sure that it was one of those.

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Yep. :)
We're having her birthday party the next day. I'm so excited to see her reaction when she opens all of her presents!
This is going to be so exciting!

message 12: by Dustin (new)

I'd love to see some photos, if you post any here or on your page..:)

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
I plan on taking A LOT of pictures that day. As soon as I have time afterwards, I'll be sure to post them on my page. Thank you for the interest, Dustin. I really appreciate it. :)

message 14: by Dustin (new)

Aw, you are very welcome!

message 15: by Victor (new)

Victor I hope she has a good birthday, Holly!

I'm starting my babysitting job on Monday! I'm babysitting my four year old cousin after school and my aunt's paying me.

message 16: by Dustin (new)

That's awesome, Victor! A little extra cash is always nice to have.:)

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Her birthday was great, thanks Victor!

That's awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

message 18: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Update: New job is great, just very busy as Triage nurse.. (that doesn't mean you guys get to ask me a damn thing!!). The people are cool and pregnant patients are nervous and funny. They are all so sweet.

Traffic is a damn nightmare; sorry for the damns' but the last two days of traffic have brought them out.

I looked in the mirror and realized I gained the weight I lost last year. Time to start hiking again.. my legs hurt already. :O

message 19: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) Alondra wrote: "Update: New job is great, just very busy as Triage nurse.. (that doesn't mean you guys get to ask me a damn thing!!). The people are cool and pregnant patients are nervous and funny. They are all s..."

You can do it!! I know what you mean about gaining weight. Stress has made me gain, and I'm working out to get it back off. It at least makes you feel better. Especially getting out in nature like you are. :) If you ever need some motivation, just let me know, and I'll send a word or two of encouragement. Getting healthy is very important to me. :)

message 20: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathryn wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Update: New job is great, just very busy as Triage nurse.. (that doesn't mean you guys get to ask me a damn thing!!). The people are cool and pregnant patients are nervous and funny..."

thanx, buddy. you are encouraging; every time i see that grin on your pix; i always think you are up to something and i start laughing. are you up to something!!? bwahaha...

message 21: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) Alondra wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Update: New job is great, just very busy as Triage nurse.. (that doesn't mean you guys get to ask me a damn thing!!). The people are cool and pregnant patients are n..."

LMAO!!! You think I'm up to something?!!! You know me toooooo well!! Actually, no, I wasn't up to anything in that picture. I was taking a picture to give to my grandparents for Christmas. :) Even though I'm not up to something right now, I can ALWAYS find something...;) And you're welcome. Anytime! :) I try to be encouraging. :)

message 22: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathryn wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Update: New job is great, just very busy as Triage nurse.. (that doesn't mean you guys get to ask me a damn thing!!). The people are cool and pregnan..."

hehehehe.... :D

probably won't start hiking again until i catch up on sleep.... i feel drugged. ...wah, wah, wah... :O

message 23: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
My husband and I had to take our daughter to the ER a couple of weeks ago baecause she fell and got a pretty good gash on her head while we her at her cousin's birthday party. I don't think I've ever been so scared and upset in my life! She's doing fine; her cut is well on it's way to healing. It's by her eyebrow, so it's not really all that noticeable. I hope we never have to go through something like that again!

message 24: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson It is a very scary thing Holly, especially when they are young. My grandson got a gash on his head on the 4th of july he tripped up the cement steps at the stadium we were at for fireworks. We did not see any fireworks that night. We spent a couple of hours at the ER . He was a very big boy though. :)

message 25: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
That's good; I'm glad to hear that he's alright.
Yes, it sure is! I think she was braver than I was!

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Cross your fingers for me everyone...I'm really hoping I get this job!!

message 27: by Dustin (new)

Holly wrote: "Cross your fingers for me everyone...I'm really hoping I get this job!!"

What? What job!?!:)

message 28: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Hehe..I put in an application to work at the library in Ottawa. :-)

message 29: by Dustin (last edited May 04, 2013 12:54PM) (new)

Awesome!!! That would be the perfect job for you!!

message 30: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
That's what everyone keeps telling me! :-)

message 31: by Dustin (new)

That's because it's true!

message 32: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Aww, thanks buddy!

message 33: by Dustin (new)

You are soo welcome!

message 34: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
:-)

message 35: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Holly wrote: "Hehe..I put in an application to work at the library in Ottawa. :-)"

I hope you get it! What a dream job :D

message 36: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Thanks Alondra! Hehe I know, right?!?!?!

message 37: by Shell (last edited May 05, 2013 10:00PM) (new)

Shell (ShellbertJones) That would be an awesome job! Good luck Holly, I hope you get it :)

message 38: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 219 comments I've been slacking a bit here on GR. I've been busy getting my social media numbers up so I can get more word out about my upcoming novel. It can be exhausting work!

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Thanks Michelle! I'm really hoping I get it too. I really want this job!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

My wife, Kendra, and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary in 12 days!

Also, my younger brother, Aaron, just got engaged to his girlfriend, Lisa, of three years. They're getting married in August.

I'm so happy and thrilled for my little bro!

message 41: by Dustin (new)

Kyle~Special K~Rebel Leader~ wrote: "My wife, Kendra, and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary in 12 days!

Also, my younger brother, Aaron, just got engaged to his girlfriend, Lisa, of three years. They're getting married i..."

:)

message 42: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
That's awesome Kyle!! Congrats!! :-D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

And that was a bunch of bullshit.:D