Christian Readers discussion

In Defense of the Faith
This topic is about In Defense of the Faith
what if the Bible is false?

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rod (new)

Rod | 1255 comments Mod
Oh NO! What if the Bible is a lie? What are we to do?

Well, the Good news is:

You research it, investigate it, challenge it, read historical commentaries, read the impact the Bible has on this planet over the last few centuries. God won't mind.

This is one of the hugest differences between Christianity and all the other religions of the World. Christianity is not afraid to be investigated and challenged. Your parents should not disown you or kill you or have the police arrest you if you have doubts about the Bible or Christianity.

I have spent years reading books against Christianity. A true religion has nothing to fear. Sometimes truth is hard to find and support - but it will go the distance.

Any religion that fears people questioning it has a serious problem: Insecurity.

At the moment the most feared group I chat with is Atheism. They are terrified of people challenging their stance. It's almost comical. (but don't tell them that - they are easily offended.)

The Bible is amazing. God doesn't disappoint.

message 2: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 47 comments Rod wrote: "Oh NO! What if the Bible is a lie? What are we to do?

Well, the Good news is:

You research it, investigate it, challenge it, read historical commentaries, read the impact the Bible has on this pl..."

What's your favorite part of the Bible?

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (Jokers_Knight_Out) Here's how I've told people who've asked me if the Bible were false- we should stop taking care of orphans, have racism be abound, go ahead and rape and molest, try to kill each other, and do everything else that goes against the Bible. If it weren't real, then why do we hate the thought of each one of those things in the first place?

message 4: by Rod (new)

Rod | 1255 comments Mod
Good point Jason. Atheism sure borrows a great deal of niceness and pleasantries from a book they claim to hate. Atheism itself says that there is no good or evil - just nature.
(but good luck convincing them of that.)

message 5: by Rod (new)

Rod | 1255 comments Mod
J.S. question:
"What's your favorite part of the Bible?"

I got lots of favorites. Right now it's the book of Judges.

Judges 3:12-30
Ehud: God's left handed assassin. He murders the fat king of Moab and leaves his sword stuck wholly into the guys belly.
"I have a message from God for you...uggggghhhhhh!"

This story tells us alot about God's love and justice. Fascinating. :D

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Rod wrote: "J.S. question:
"What's your favorite part of the Bible?"

I got lots of favorites. Right now it's the book of Judges.

Judges 3:12-30
Ehud: God's left handed assassin. He murders the fat king of M..."

My favorite is Elijah. He is moody up and down like me with victories and then run with fear.

message 7: by Rod (new)

Rod | 1255 comments Mod
Wow Karen. That's an awesome and humble way to look at Elijah. very fun!

message 8: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 1 comments Great post - I'm often amused at how non-Christians want the holidays off that are Jesus related but don't want Jesus in school/work or otherwise. If you feel so strongly about being anti-religion then come to work on Christmas....but I doubt they will take it that far :)

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen Rod wrote: "Wow Karen. That's an awesome and humble way to look at Elijah. very fun!"

Thank you -and so true Shawn. funny how they celebrate here (holidays) and also take the free turkeys and anything else. Wink *******

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason (Jokers_Knight_Out) Shawn wrote: "Great post - I'm often amused at how non-Christians want the holidays off that are Jesus related but don't want Jesus in school/work or otherwise. If you feel so strongly about being anti-religion ..."

Think it's funny, don'tcha..? So do I! America's become a contradictive irony.