Q&A with Dina Silver discussion

Caddyshack

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Mankin | 2 comments I seem to remember a caddyshack reference in pink line? A very quotable movie. What is your fav line from it?

message 2: by Dina (new)

Dina (Dinasideas) | 11 comments Mod
I love me some Caddyshack! omg, so many...
- You'll get nothing, and like it!
- Be the ball Danny.
- Who's your decorator, Benihana?
- Don't you people have jobs!
- That kangaroo stole my ball!

So many fab lines :)

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (EdWagemann) | 3 comments "You'll get nothing and like it!"

I still use that line to this day! Caddyshack, along with Animal House and Vacation are like the Holy Trinity of Reagan era comedies to me. Caddyshack especially had all thee subtle lines and gestures in it that you might not fully catch on the first viewing but get funnier and funnier each time you watch it. One of my favorite examples of this is when Dangerfield and Judge Smails are about to get into a scuffle in a club house. Dr. Beeper steps in between them to try to break it up but Chevy CHase's character puts a strangle hold on Dr. Beeper trying to stop him from breaking it up. I can't do this justice by describing it in print, but just watch for it the next time you see the movie - its hilarious!

message 4: by Dina (new)

Ed Wagemann wrote: ""You'll get nothing and like it!"

I still use that line to this day! Caddyshack, along with Animal House and Vacation are like the Holy Trinity of Reagan era comedies to me. Caddyshack especiall..."

Yes! and there is a line that Ty says to Judge Smails in the locker room, something about his height? That I love, but I can't think of it...

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Mankin | 2 comments and on my death bed I'll have total consciousness so I've got that going for me...
the pool or the pond...

Oh, and what about Uncle Buck?

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 6 comments I've never seen caddyshack the movie

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (EdWagemann) | 3 comments There are websites that have most every great quote from that movie.
Basically everything that came out of Ty's mouth was a great quote.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 6 comments Oh I see

message 9: by Dina (new)

Found it on You Tube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1M_8B...

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 6 comments Alright thanks for sharing that video

message 11: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 1 comments Ted Knight was so brilliant in Caddyshack!!
Everyone of his lines was a classic!
"just take me and my nephew Spaulding, we're regular pals"
"Danny, I sentenced men younger than you to death, didn't want too, thought I owed it to them"

message 12: by Ed (last edited Oct 10, 2012 02:22PM) (new)

Ed Wagemann (EdWagemann) | 3 comments "How 'bout a Fresca?"

message 13: by Sheryn (new)

Sheryn MacMunn (MacMunn) | 1 comments "It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man who can smile while his shorts are too tight in the seat."

I typed that from memory. Caddyshack was the first R-rated movie I ever saw. I could quote it all day.

message 14: by Dina (new)

Sheryn wrote: ""It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man who can smile while his shorts are too tight in the seat."

I typed that from mem..."

Very impressive Sher!!