The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

The Anthology > Submissions!

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 178 comments Mod
Until Charlie and I formally set this up correctly please use this folder in lieu of the info one. You may post the actual stories, and/or links to it here. Please note that as this idea gets more shape the requirements may change. If you intend to post a story for the book please put your name so I know how exactly to format this. Thanks! And good luck!

Ice Queen Wanderer •The Cursed Prophetess• (Ari-la) | 4 comments So I'm writing a story called The Looking Glass, under my pen name, it should be here tommorrow.

message 3: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Cool. Just for the record Charlie, I won't be here tomorrow, so if you want to rap my knuckles you'll have to wait 'till Thursday. Sorry.

message 4: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 766 comments Mod
lafon حمزة wrote: "Cool. Just for the record Charlie, I won't be here tomorrow, so if you want to rap my knuckles you'll have to wait 'till Thursday. Sorry."

Oh noes! What am I going to do? *cries*

message 5: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Ice Queen Wanderer wrote: "So I'm writing a story called The Looking Glass, under my pen name, it should be here tommorrow."

Awesome! Thanks!

message 6: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Poetry? YES!
How many? If you're doing poems- and they're really short, line up two but we may only accept one depends how many people we get.
Stories, we'll go with just one for now.

All subject to change of course!

Beth ~Mrs.SheldonCooper~ | 10 comments This sounds really cool! I'm working on a little something too. I will finish it asap lol!

Ice Queen Wanderer •The Cursed Prophetess• (Ari-la) | 4 comments Ok, starting, not finished.

The Looking Glass
By "Ari Delta"

A man once found himself trapped within a looking glass. The pretty thing had been in the room of his late mistress, who had disappearred shortly before he'd come to pay her a "visit."

message 9: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Whee! I'm back. I'll probably send the message sometime tomorrow then. :)

Also thanks to Caitlyn and Beth.

Beth ~Mrs.SheldonCooper~ | 10 comments Welcome!

message 11: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) | 532 comments Mod
*straight face* I want in *bursts into laughter*. No. Seriously. It's called "AAA Battery". It's 1430 words. Is there anyone I can email it to?

message 12: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

I'll create a topic that is exclusively for submissions, and lock it. That way we can see what exactly we have without cluttering up the thread. If you post it to your creative writing page here on Goodreads and then give me the link I can post it in that topic.

message 13: by Kggelen (new)

Wait?! WHAT CREATIVE WRITING PAGE?!?!

message 14: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Yours is here: www.goodreads.com/story/list/6736443/
To add a new piece go here: http://www.goodreads.com/story/new

message 16: by Kggelen (new)

That's the link. :-)

message 17: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Thanks! Will read soon!

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) So all I have to do is send you guys a link to one of my writing?

message 19: by Kggelen (new)

Yup. There is no theme, except it has to be relatively short, not an entire novel.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) I can never write a novel! All I do write is poetry, so yeah, they're pretty...not-so-short :)

message 21: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

I'll probably update this comment when I get home. Trying to be expressive on an iPod is a pain in the not-neck. There will be a theme. However, at the present time we are simply looking for submissions, without any of the self-censorship that a theme brings.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) Okay...I have poems on many themes...like Nature, Life, Loss, Destiny, Time...
I hope something can fit the theme you are thinking :)

message 23: by Purvika (last edited Feb 24, 2013 02:14AM) (new)

Purvika (Frostybells) | 57 comments I do write short stories,but here I have few poems, will add more soon, themes are,
MEMORIES, LOSS , HOPE

hope you like it

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...