Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Something's wrong with Joaquin...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
http://www.avclub.com/articles/joaqui...

Letterman handles weirdo actors so well. I have a feeling that when Phoenix melts down this will be the video we refer back to as symptomatic of its beginning!

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Is that the dude who retired from acting? I get them confused.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
Yes. He's not verbose on the subject either. Perhaps he was stoned? Heroin?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw that last night - it was almost painful to watch - I kept thinking he'd pull off the beard and start kidding around and it never happened.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yeah, he quit acting to be in his band. Like we haven't heard THAT before, cough cough Keanu cough cough Russell Crowe...

But I must admit the facial hair is worrisome.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i am not a huge letterman fan nor do i ever watch late night TV but i saw the clips of this. wacky. letterman did a great job of keeping some sort of entertaining flow in a very awkward situation. i love the farrah reference.

yeah, he is going to be a hip hop artist (used loosely)
good point on the previous attempts by film stars to be musicians. all i can add to that is: My Girl Wants To Party All The Time

message 7: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) | 347 comments I have to believe that he was trolling Letterman. This has to be some massive shtick for the documentary his brother is making about his life in the film industry.

message 8: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) Whatever. It's too damned bad Joaquin is still alive, and his more talented brother is dead. Then again, there must be an asshole gene in the Phoenix brood, because River became quite the prickly fuckhead before he OD'd.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments maybe you are right logan. this makes for far better ink than just being a dull film star

message 10: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments I agree KD. I can't believe this is real. Someone should tell him it's been done.

message 11: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments It's an act.

message 12: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) I don't think it's an act. I think his ego is completely out of control, and he's deluded himself into thinking the public will accept him as a bloated, hirsute douche.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.