The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > Review copies of Stranded available

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Raiser | 8 comments Ok, it's time to build up the reviews for my anthology of speculative fiction. I'm offering review copies of "Stranded: Stories from the edge of infinity..."

Norm has reviewed it on this site if you are interested in checking it out first!

This is a collection of my published short works. Let me know if you are interested and I will get a copy out to you.

kimberlyraiser@hotmail.com

Kimbery

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Norm's reviews are paid for.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Raiser | 8 comments I'm offering review copies for anyone interested. Norm has already reviewed Stranded.

Thanks!!

message 4: by Robin (last edited Feb 25, 2009 07:06AM) (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments Petra X wrote: "Norm's reviews are paid for."

Ouch! - This is a mistake that many authors make. I even blogged about this awhile back on my "business of writing blog" .

Kimberly, you might want to consider asking Norm to remove his reivew - and ask him to remove it from his site. Kiss the $119 goodbye and start fresh as you are doing here.

Giving away books to get a review is perfectly legitimate - but paying for a review is going to leave a stain on your reputation that you are may want to clean up now rather than later.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Raiser | 8 comments Norm only takes money for the reviews that are a rush.
I'll will take it into consideration though.

Thanks so much for the advice!!!

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Freebies are always a great way to drum up a little interest in your work.

Paying for reviews... eh... that goes on around here? seriously? C'mon.... seriously?

Of course, Im being faceitious! There is no reason to go to those sort of extremes. I would love a copy, I am always looking out for new authors to read, however, I have a stack of some sitting here that I feel horrible for not getting at quicker.

Perhaps I can message you once Im able to promise to get it read?