Supernatural Fiction Readers discussion

General Discussions > looking for a scary book to read!

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Riggs | 2 comments Since Halloween is going to be coming up, I'm in the mood to read a very scary novel. I have never read anything that would be qualified as a "horror book" so I am kind of new to this. I kind of what the whole ghost, supernatural type of book to read since I'm in the halloween mood. Maybe the "bump in the night" type scary. I don't think I'm wanting like killer scary. Any suggestions would be great! I have heard the shinning and the pet cemetery are good ones.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Riggs | 2 comments I would also say that haunted houses of any sort as well as cemeteries would be great. Just the typical Halloween themed scary is what I want

message 3: by D. (new)

D. Hilliard (DNathanHilliard) | 7 comments Try Peter Straubs Ghost Story

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 5 comments You may want to try Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box. It doesn't have a haunted house, but it is amazing.

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb Atwood | 156 comments You could also try Koontz's The Face and Jackson's Haunting of Hill House.

message 6: by Joel (new)

Joel (JoelArnold) | 14 comments Stephen King's 'The Shining' is always a great one - a haunted hotel instead of a house, though.

Also, the new collection Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury is excellent!