♥Calling All Fangirls♥ discussion

If you're New... > The Lay of the Land

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (last edited Dec 08, 2012 11:13AM) (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 3635 comments Mod
Calling All Fangirls: Created October 08, 2012, by the one and only....Me. lol :D

First, thanks for joining! :D

Group Description:

Click the "join this group" button if: you're an obsessed teenager who wants to fangirl crazily over books, music, hot celebrities, book boyfriends, you're creative and looking for an outlet for your thoughts, you want to have fun with other crazy fangirls just like you... The list is positively endless. Join, and you're in for your best Goodreads experience yet.

Secondlty, I want everyone to follow the rules obviously, so please read the following rules and respect them please. ;)

1. Let's agree to keep everything PG-13 or lower
2. If you're saying things that are offensive to anyone the mods will give you a warning. 3 strikes and you're out!
3. Be active! just jump right into the conversations.
4. each month we'll select a book to read, so vote on that!
5. Have a blast and fangirl away!

As you have noticed there aren't many rules, well that's because this is just a place to have fun and be yourself, no one will judge you. With the three strikes and you're out rule, I don't mean to be harsh, but if you're hurting other members or they feel threatened or offended, that's not a good thing. I know that the lot of you are busy people, but please try to be active, comment every once and a while. To see if you're in the top 15 most active, please go to "The Most Active Members So Far" topic.

You can swear, but please don't go overboard. If you're swearing so much that people are starting to get offended, please try to hide your swearing like (view spoiler) . :)

Each month we select a BOM. Our group is a democracy which means that we let our members do most of the deciding when it comes to selecting books. Members and moderators can suggest books for the BOM, and then they can vote when the poll goes up. :)

Anyway, those are the hard-and-fast rules, and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, I just want to make sure everyone is comfortable and following the rules. Again, Thank you for joining and please, please, don't forget to introduce yourself!

Note: This is not a place to introduce yourself. Just to sort of get the lay of the land. Introduce yourself in the correct topic :)

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Michaels | 1 comments I am looking for some books on music and romance - anyone have any suggestions?

message 3: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

ooh good suggestion, Fari! I loved that book . And it was sort of about music..

message 4: by Koleen (last edited Oct 12, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

Koleen Hansen | 76 comments I argree with that. But I have a question in the rule you said in rule 2. If you're saying things that are offensive to anyone the mods will give you a warning. 3 strikes and you're out! Does that included critical and cynical. let say I like a book but some in the group doesn’t they slam down on me for likening such book or tv show books, music, celebrities, fictional boys and girls, etc they get a warning for that?

message 5: by Koleen (new)

Koleen Hansen | 76 comments < thank you for verifying the rule becuse I am fine with someone not like something I like and enjoy I just dont what me or and anyone feeling hurt just becuse they like something I dont what any one to feel bullied just If you like something (tv show, book, music..etc),

message 6: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

yeah Koleen its perfectly fine to disagree over a book but just don't be rude when u do it.

message 7: by Mackenzie (last edited Oct 16, 2012 12:06PM) (new)

Mackenzie | 110 comments I definatly reccomend Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson. One of the best books of ALL TIME. Yess

message 8: by Daria (new)

Daria  (Blame-The-Nargles) seriously THIS is my favorite group!!!! XD

message 9: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Haha I'm so happy! xD

message 10: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Hey, Pri! welcome :)

message 11: by Daria (new)

Daria  (Blame-The-Nargles) its just such an awesome group with soooooooooo many fangirl topics :D

message 12: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

lol :p

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (Taggerung) Hey! I'm Tagg, if you can't already tell by my username and profile pic, I am an absolute Logan Lerman/Divergent/Hunger Games/Wolf fangirl, among other things that I fangirl over haha

message 14: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Hi Tagg, welcome!

message 15: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm | 90 comments Hey everyone!

message 16: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Hey!

message 17: by xox (new)

xox hi

message 18: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

hey :)

message 19: by xox (new)

xox hi hi hi hi

message 20: by Grace (new)

Grace Hey:)

message 22: by Abby (new)

Abby | 9 comments Heyy, Newbie over here!!

message 23: by Lady (new)

Lady Light | 24 comments Hey! This is Lady Light so glad to be in this interesting group. :)

message 24: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Hey Guys!! Welcome :DD

message 25: by Faith (new)

Faith Dominguez (ViolettheVanisher) Hey everybody IM New :D and I love to read and i havent been on much cause I been trying to get my group "STOP BULLING" going I want it to be really successful, this group does have role playing and it where thoes who felt like a outcast can join all are welcome and feel at pease "you can make you own topic ,but you have to let me know of course" but I am trying to make it great and triying to add a give away but at "Stop Bullying" there is also a topic for "Arthurs that has join" you can ask them questions :D and if you have a athur inmind i shall ask them and hope they joine So please come and invie please and thank you
GODBLESS WITH LOVE VIOLET

ᴀʀɪ [ it's another banger ] Hello, 1D fangirl and Yaoi fangirl approaching the premises.

~Derpy Hooves

message 27: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 548 comments Hi, I'm Teresa.

message 28: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Violet wrote: "Hey everybody IM New :D and I love to read and i havent been on much cause I been trying to get my group "STOP BULLING" going I want it to be really successful, this group does have role playing an..."

Hey Violet :) there's actually a folder in the group to advertise your groups, so that would be a great place to tell people about your group :D

message 29: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Teresa wrote: "Hi, I'm Teresa."

Dark wrote: "Hey I'm new please call me Lena"
Hey Lena and Teresa! Check out the Introduce Yourself topic :))

message 30: by Ruthie (last edited Nov 08, 2012 07:07PM) (new)

Ruthie | 141 comments Heya ya'll( no im not from the south)
Ummmm lets see I freakin LOVE One Direction and Im gonna fangril over em like CRAZY!!!!!
On my spare time I love to Surf play the piano and act/sing!

message 31: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

^agree!

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (mssarahshafer) | 5 comments Yay i'm excited about this group! I'm Sarah :) I love giving reccomendations so add me as a friend if you want! xoxo

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 94 comments Hello, Ingrid here :). A Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Divergent, and Inheritance Cycle fangirl.

message 34: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Noel | 2 comments Yay, a group made for fangirls/fanboys! Lol. I'm happy to be a part of it :)

message 35: by Uzma Sana (new)

Uzma Sana Tazeen (Unique_Unicorn) | 66 comments Hello. Yup as ya can guess, I just hopped in the group. Hope it's allright. :)
I'll try to be active as much as I can, but I may dissapear once in a while, my reading habits are weird and it changes with ma mood. So plz bear with me! ^_^

Looking forward to be part of this group.
Just wanted to add this, among all the groups I had checked here at goodreads uptill now, I must admit, this one looks different from rest. Different as in Good different!

So see ya all around I guess. ^_^

message 36: by Lela (new)

Lela | 8 comments Hiya, I just joined. Nice to meet you all!

message 37: by ♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ (last edited Nov 23, 2012 09:51AM) (new)

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ (Faithfait) oh, jeez. this is a really, really, really long line of comments. Well, obviously i'm new here, and i need some input on this new book i'm writing. can you give me some?

---

When i surfaced at the balconey pool, I screamed my little heart out, because someone was standing there. A boy. He looked to be the age of 17, like me, if not older. And, for extra points, he was sizzling hot. Ardea had turned to face me when she had heard me scream, and her face had paled to match a blank piece of paper.
"Excuse me ladies, but i was looking for Marietta. I need to talk to her about some serious matters including her families bussiness." He said bashedly.
I felt my cheeks go bright red to match my flaming red hair. I felt exposed to have someone like him see me in my leopard bikini dress swimsuit. And yes, I had to describe my clothing like that.
"That would be me," I said quite calmly. "And who might you be?"

---

message 38: by xox (new)

xox nice to meet you

message 39: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 1 comments Hi, I'm Izzy. I'm just getting used to being a proper member of goodreads, and am finally back on track with reading regularly so bare with me. Hope all is good with you guys!

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) Hello fellow fangirls! Get ready 4 some MAJOR fangirling here cuz I have arrived! Also I'm VERY agressive in my fangirlingness so don't challenge me or you will die the worst death: The Fangirl Death!

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) Thank U! :) What are U obsessed with? My obsession is pretty clear because of the profile pic.

message 42: by Lulu (new)

Lulu Belén (luluzilla) | 11 comments hello everyone! I'm Lulu!

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) Hello Lulu! I'm a newbie, too. What is your obsession? Sorry it's just that I must know. Don't ask why I'm just weird like that. ;)

message 44: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

hey Lulu Welcome

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

So, I hear that you can join a book club type of thing on here. I'm just wondering what book we're reading at the moment.

message 46: by Nathalia (new)

Nathalia (pinxpanda) | 2 comments hi i jus joined and im happy 2b here i love ur choice ofbks

message 47: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Q | 143 comments Nathalia wrote: "hi i jus joined and im happy 2b here i love ur choice ofbks"

Welcome Nathalia!

message 48: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Monroe | 39 comments Hi I just joined ;) I really like this site! It's awesome! LOL

message 49: by Annabel ♥, The Obsessive-Compulsive One (new)

Welcome! It IS a cool site :)

message 50: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Monroe | 39 comments Haha Thanks! ;)

« previous 1