Baking and Books discussion

Monthly Baking Challenge > November challenge

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jute (new)

Jute | 170 comments Mod
I've already emailed Joanne who picked our November challenge and she was speedy. She got back to me right away with her pick.

Since it's only the beginning of the month we have a few weeks to October. How early do you guys want to know what's up for next month?

Or do you want to do two things per month?

I'm in the wonderful position of being able to bake as often as I like, but I know most people don't have unlimited time, so I don't want to put too much out there and have people not be able to participate.

I can put up a poll about more than once a month if you all think it's a worthwhile idea.

message 2: by Jensownzoo (new)

Jensownzoo | 13 comments I think it would be an awesome idea to have a main challenge and an alternate for each month. That way, the motivated can do both, but those having trouble finding ingredients or time have a choice.

message 3: by Jute (new)

Jute | 170 comments Mod
I like your idea!

message 4: by Jute (new)

Jute | 170 comments Mod
Okay poll is closed and the majority of people want to have an alternate. Remember you do not have to make both, it just gives you an option!

message 5: by Velmay (new)

Velmay Eliu | 1 comments I'm up for it..

message 6: by Bob (new)

Bob Stabio (bjstabio) | 11 comments I just joined the group but I'll be brave and put in my 2 cents worth. I think having an alternate is a great idea. Way to go Jensownzoo!

message 7: by Jute (new)

Jute | 170 comments Mod
I had originally sent out two PMs asking for an alt and a main challenge. Jon got back to me (thank you Jon!) but I didn't get a reply on my second one.

So I'd like to ask for some suggestions for an alt challenge this month.

Remember it can be savory or sweet. It can be a specific ingredient, an item type or even a technique.

Thank you for helping out here!

message 8: by Bob (new)

Bob Stabio (bjstabio) | 11 comments I'm so new to this that I haven't had a chance to look around. As for the alt and main challenge, can you give me an idea of what you're looking for?

message 9: by Jute (last edited Nov 02, 2012 06:32PM) (new)

Jute | 170 comments Mod
Bob wrote: "I'm so new to this that I haven't had a chance to look around. As for the alt and main challenge, can you give me an idea of what you're looking for?"

Each month we will have a main and an alt challenge. Something that has to do with baking. The person giving us the challenge for the month will give us an ingredient, a technique or in November's case, a kind of item that we are to make.

You can make whatever you like within the challenge range. Post pictures here if you can. Ask questions if you need help or need a recipe. Have fun! :)

So, I just need something for the alt challenge.

message 10: by Bob (new)

Bob Stabio (bjstabio) | 11 comments Thanks Jute. I look forward becoming a better baker.