The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3) The Rise of Nine discussion

this book turning a little to...

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jared i don't know what word i am looking for but i wasn't impressed with the latest book and the entire "the us government is helping the mogs" part, Really?!!?

Mojoboy31 It was pretty obvious that the Government had an "understanding" with the Mogs in book two... But the part of book two where John was in custody, and the Mogs broke into the F.B.I office to capture him didn't make sense.

The Mogs shooting, and killing F.B.I agents, and destroying the building would probably tick off the government, don't you think?...

message 3: by Lia (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lia i completly agree was not impressed by this book at all i expected alot more but then again books tend to disappoint you

message 4: by Mig (last edited Oct 19, 2012 10:37PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mig It's like turning to Maximum Ride..the government thing...I'm starting to hate it a bit.

Rachel The first book was ok but a little too slow. The second was amazing and I loved it! Now the third is being...annoying by not making sense and idk it wasn't as exciting or interesting to me as the second one...

Laura I thought it was great! Though this has been happening a lot to me lately; where everyone is dissapointed in a book but i love it. Now that i think about it i have basically never hated a book i have read. I always thought i was just good at choosing good books but maybe i just have a problem with criticising books and authors...

Emily Laura wrote: "I thought it was great! Though this has been happening a lot to me lately; where everyone is dissapointed in a book but i love it. Now that i think about it i have basically never hated a book i ha..."

I KNOW RIGHT! It's very depressing that I love books that my friends hate. Worse still.... The books I hate are loved by EVERYONE!

Mojoboy31 lol, I'm with you both there. I used to love everything I read, but lately things have been ticking me off, and I can't explain why really. I don't hate R.O9-- far from it. I think it was way better than P.O.6. I just wish there had been more substance to the book, a few more answers to the questions from book one, a bit more of a solid mythology. Every book changes the mythology of the Loriens, and Mogs.

My biggest beef with the series is that they pretty much just took a dump on everything Henri told John in book one, and those father son moments were pretty much the best parts of the first book.

But instead of explaining why and how Henri was wrong, they just left everything ambiguous.

Midnight Emily wrote: "Laura wrote: "I thought it was great! Though this has been happening a lot to me lately; where everyone is dissapointed in a book but i love it. Now that i think about it i have basically never hat..."

me too, is there something wrong with me or my friends? They all like classics and I like the new stuff that comes out. Not the love triangle but it seems like most of the books I love with all my heart have love triangles. They laugh and tease me for my "bad taste in books."

message 10: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle I thought the book was great! But I have the same problem as explained above, I tend to love any books that create another world for me to "escape" this one. But I tend to assume that if I get lost in a book then it is a good one.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I had such a hard time moving through this book. The first one hooked me in very well. the second was okay, but this was just a disappointment. The only good part was the ending, but not even that deserves any more than two-three stars.

Jared I feel the same way, the first one was a great read, i finished it during a rainy afternoon this book was kinda brutal with the all the fbi stuff.

Roanna I love this series because it swallows me in until I finish the book. But I hate some parts of it.
1. Six. Because the author obviously loves her, and refuses to make her look bad at the surface, and starts and ends RON with her, introduces her first, and gives her the most badass-sounding number, and forms her to be perfect. My loathing for Six is at the extreme, someone needs to give her a reality check.
2. The character development- Four developed into a wimpy, angsty kid. Nine actually has really good character development, and Seven has room for great development.
3. The whole true love concept. Because love does not exist at first sight (that's infatuation, or rather lust), and crushes especially at that age are stupid and regretted later. And it's portrayed horribly and unrealistic, especially with the dialogue. The friendships are obviously the strength of this book- Seven-Ella, John-Sam, Nine-Four, and the author should just put a reasonable end to the romance, or hire someone to make it more realistic.
4. The good-evil line. It's annoying and not true. 'Nuf said.
5. The US government. I live in the US, and I know for a fact that would never happen. It just couldn't. Especially since it's in the modern times, only the very, very far-right could even begin to believe that the President is allied with aliens. It's not realistic of people or of President Obama. Psyche doesn't actually work like the author portrays the government's to be. And it can't work like that, because no one in the government has enough power to do that, and a joint decision would be known- Supreme Court and Congress meetings are recorded. It ticks me off soooo much
This series is becoming a bit... meh. That being said I like the sequels more, because they... I don't know. i reread them more than the 1st book.

Steph Idk it's not really bugging me

Roanna ? It didn't bug me before I started thinking about it... I guess I'm just that type of person

message 16: by Angel (new)

Angel I like EVERYTHING in the book.....except for the poorly thought-out, sappy, emotionless love triangle...

message 17: by Angel (new)

Angel Roanna wrote: "I love this series because it swallows me in until I finish the book. But I hate some parts of it.
1. Six. Because the author obviously loves her, and refuses to make her look bad at the surface, a..."

....But...six is amazing. I agree with everything else though

Siobhan Mojoboy31 wrote: "lol, I'm with you both there. I used to love everything I read, but lately things have been ticking me off, and I can't explain why really. I don't hate R.O9-- far from it. I think it was way bette..."

This is pretty much how I feel. I still look forward to the next book, but mainly because we finally meet Five.

Minken Laura wrote: "I thought it was great! Though this has been happening a lot to me lately; where everyone is dissapointed in a book but i love it. Now that i think about it i have basically never hated a book i ha..."

I also really liked it! I went through it in a snap. I really enjoyed John and Nine's relationship. And I also really liked Seven and Eight. I was cool how they had three POVs.
Can't wait till the next book!