Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > no author

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ish (new)

Ish (ismaelson) | 1 comments i was going to enter a number of books from an encyclopedic series that have no authors but are put together by consultants and a large editorial group. but since "author" is a required field, i am wondering what one should do, so as to keep with consistency?

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Moorhouse When I had this problem with the Big Book o'Weapons, I put the publisher in as the author.

message 3: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (theliteraryword) | 1 comments I had that issue with one of my books and simply put the author's info in as 'unknown' for now. That gives me the chance to look up in the info later and also search my library for 'unknown' to fill it in more easily. In a case like yours, I would be tempted to fill in the author space with the word 'various' like they use in short stories and such.

Hope you find an answer that satisfies :)

message 4: by Summer (new)

Summer | 27 comments I got a boxed set of The Best Stories for Girls and the listed the editor as the author with the individual stories and authors listed under description. Will that work?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 5: by Otis, Chief Architect (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
In this case the editor is usually the best option. Its also generally good to stick to what it says on the cover.