Mystery > Authors Requesting Reviews

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charity (new)

Charity | 117 comments Mod
Please post mystery books that you would like reviewed

message 2: by Willett (new)

Willett Thomas | 15 comments Hello all,

If you like Southern Gothic, I'd like to have reviews for my novel Raised by Hand, Lifted by the Tides. Think to Kill a Mockingbird or Secret Lives of Bees. The link to my page on Amazon is below. I can send you a mobi file or epub.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KEXEQO

Thanks in advance,
Willett

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello,

I am seeking reviews for my recently released, sci-fi mystery novel, IMMANENT DEATH. I can provide a digital file in exchange for a thoughtful review. Please read the short synopsis below, and if you are interested, get in touch with me here, or send me an email: zmarickpearson@gmail.com

Thanks!

One moment is all it takes for an entire metropolis to unravel. From city streets to rooftops, isolated hotel rooms to the depths of the Great Lake, bodies lie contorted, bloodied, violated. The cause of this mayhem is highly speculative. The mastermind behind it is not a mastermind at all. His name is Reuben, and he is a victim of time.

For everyone and everything except Reuben, time has stopped. Initially, the freedom is intoxicating, but the sensational nature of this motionless world quickly fades. The air is sparse and difficult to breathe. The liquids are thick and nearly impossible to drink. A nagging pain invades his brain, gnawing at his sanity.

Reuben’s search for answers is impeded by his vile curiosity, his hunt for meaning deterred by the soothing temptation of death. Has Reuben been singled out for a reason? Is there a purpose to his endless imprisonment? Can a good deed, however great, outweigh countless acts of wickedness?

message 4: by Chariss (new)

Chariss Walker | 9 comments Charity wrote: "Please post mystery books that you would like reviewed"

Hello, I am Chariss K. Walker and I am looking for reviews for Kaleidoscope a paranormal thriller/mystery (not horror) series. The review copy is available in epub, mobi, and PDF file. Please let me know your preference.
Thank you!

message 5: by Ricardo (last edited Sep 29, 2014 04:25PM) (new)

Ricardo Sanchez (ricardo-sanchez) | 1 comments Hello. I'm soliciting reviews for my novel, Elvis Sightings, which was released on all digital platforms today. Available via NetGalleys or directly from me.

Thanks!

Book jacket copy below:

I’m Floyd—no last name needed, thanks—and I’m a P.I. The only other thing you need to know about me is that I’m not an Elvis impersonator. I live my life fast and hard and yes, in sequined jumpsuits, but more importantly I live my life the way Elvis would have wanted me to.

It was a tip that the King was still alive and living under an assumed name that brought me to Kresge, Wyoming. But there’s something bigger than Elvis happening out here. I’ve been beaten bloody by an acrobatic bartender, roped into the search for a missing councilman, fallen for a bearded lady, and threatened by men in black who really don’t want me poking my nose into the town’s business. Half of my leads look like dead celebrities. The other half are either refugees from a broken-down circus or spear-holding Viking wannabes.

I’m in Crazytown, USA, but I can’t leave. Not yet. If I don’t find the missing councilman soon, Kresge will be turned into a Danish-themed amusement park. I’ve never been so close to finding Elvis. And I need to know if my new self-appointed sidekick James Morrison is really who he claims to be…

86,000 words

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Hall (goodreadscomwriterhall) | 1 comments Hello,

My new mystery NIGHT WATCH is in need of a few reviews.

Here's the blurb:

Desolate Maine shores... Murder... And peace slipping away on the outgoing tide...

For yacht delivery captain, Em Ridge, having a billionaire's daughter go overboard on her first captaining job is not a good beginning. The sailboat is new, state of the art, her crew on this trip include two close sailing friends. But an unknown fourth, who can't even tie a bowline, and the unruly owner's daughter turn the idyllic trip into an adventure not wanted.

Two years ago Em buried her husband, her soulmate, her sailing buddy, and with him buried a secret. As hours on the open seas slide by, secrets are resurrected that tie Em's past to a present, awash with murder and deception.

Will Em's career go overboard? Will the investigating detective help her or hurt her? Any why does the best boat delivery captain on the east coast pull at her heart strings?

The oft foggy coast of Maine holds secrets it does not want to give up, and a lot of bodies can be hidden in The Pine Tree State's largest city.

Here's the amazon review: http://amzn.com/B00NKPI2WK

87,000 words

If you are interested in reviewing this book, please contact me.

Linda@writerhall.com

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Sebeny (KateSebeny) | 4 comments The Last Best Thing

Hello!

I, too, am gathering reviews for my recently published novella, "The Last Best Thing." It's not a mystery in the typical sense of the genre. There is a "murder," but the how's and who's and why's are evident almost from the beginning. The big mystery is: What happens after that?

Here's a taste:

“What started out 50 years ago as an annual party evolved into a yearly reunion and then a way of life. It’s sort of like a geriatric Big Chill.”

Sam and Sarah are the elderly owners of a farm in central Iowa that turns into a private retirement community when it also becomes home to a disabled friend, a destitute neighbor and her daughter, and an expatriate artist. Together, this close-knit group confronts the hardships and disappointments of age and infirmity with courage, humanity and humor.

But beneath the surface, this rustic “home away from the old folks’ home” is not everything it seems. One of its inhabitants is a killer. Another is her victim.

How far will these lifelong friends go to help each other when their way of life is threatened? Witness what loyalty and sacrifice really mean to this unlikely group of people gathered together under one roof.

If this whets your literary appetite, please feel free to read more on my website http://KateSebeny.com and contact me for a digital edition at katesebeny@gmail.com

Thank you for your attention and happy reading! ~Kate