The Year of Reading Proust discussion

Lectures on Art
This topic is about Lectures on Art
Preliminary Reading > Ruskin, Lectures on Art, Lectures 5-7 - 11/18

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) I'm afraid these got down into too much detail for me to be able to appreciate them sufficiently to discuss them.

Elizabeth (Alaska) That's encouraging. I haven't started Architecture and Painting - probably in a couple of days.

Jenny (JennyIL) | 3 comments I finished reading these last night. Ruskin's explanation of schools of artists and methods of learning how to be an artist made more sense after I searched Pinterest for examples of work by the artists referenced. I created a board called Ruskin on art if anyone else is interested.

message 4: by Aloha, Proustcrastinator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aloha | 979 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "I finished reading these last night. Ruskin's explanation of schools of artists and methods of learning how to be an artist made more sense after I searched Pinterest for examples of work by the a..."

I am. I can add it to my Pinterest.

message 5: by Kalliope, Priestess of Proust (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kalliope | 2929 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "I finished reading these last night. Ruskin's explanation of schools of artists and methods of learning how to be an artist made more sense after I searched Pinterest for examples of work by the a..."

Can you please put the link to your board?. I cannot find it. Thank you.

Jenny (JennyIL) | 3 comments Kalliope wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I finished reading these last night. Ruskin's explanation of schools of artists and methods of learning how to be an artist made more sense after I searched Pinterest for examples of..."

Here is the link:

http://pinterest.com/time4me2stitch/r...

message 7: by Aloha, Proustcrastinator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aloha | 979 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Kalliope wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I finished reading these last night. Ruskin's explanation of schools of artists and methods of learning how to be an artist made more sense after I searched Pinteres..."

Thanks, Jenny. I followed you.

message 8: by Kalliope, Priestess of Proust (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kalliope | 2929 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Kalliope wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I finished reading these last night. Ruskin's explanation of schools of artists and methods of learning how to be an artist made more sense after I searched Pinteres..."

These are great, thank you.

I am also following you, but I am not a Pinterest expert.

Jenny (JennyIL) | 3 comments I have become a bit obsessed with Pinterest since I bought myself a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas. The Pinterest app on the tablet is very easy to use -- I have found some delicious recipes and determined that I really want to start working on a quilt.

message 10: by Aloha, Proustcrastinator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aloha | 979 comments Mod
My iPad apps. made popping in and out of social groups, eMail and reading easy.